A few questions about Divination Distillate.

I'll buy a Divination Distillate and I have a few questions about it.

1: If I buy a bad legacy roll and divine it, will it reroll within legacy brackets, or will it lose its legacy properties?

2: Are the effects applied when the kill happens, or when you summon whatever gets the kill? In other words: Do I have to pop it before casting the totems, or when the boss is about to get into culling range?

3: I take it that its effect only applies while you aren't at full hp/mana. What would be the best way to make sure that it works? To switch gear so a couple auras turn off? To use a high-cost skill with BM?

Edit for an extra question: If I get two of those flasks, I'd be able to have over 100% resistances to everything. Would that mean I'd be entirely immune to elemental damage while its effect lasts?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Senekis on Apr 22, 2014, 7:03:27 PM
Good questions. In for the answer.
Stormcalling 24/7.
1 - Divine will lower it to non-legacy status.
2 - When you kill.
3 - Flasks that eats mana to heal life is the best way, compbined with a high mana cost vs. mana regen.
4 - Yes, you're immune to elemental damage while it lasts if you reach 100%.

for example.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 22, 2014, 7:11:16 PM
"
Senekis wrote:
I'll buy a Divination Distillate and I have a few questions about it.

1: If I buy a bad legacy roll and divine it, will it reroll within legacy brackets, or will it lose its legacy properties?

2: Are the effects applied when the kill happens, or when you summon whatever gets the kill? In other words: Do I have to pop it before casting the totems, or when the boss is about to get into culling range?

3: I take it that its effect only applies while you aren't at full hp/mana. What would be the best way to make sure that it works? To switch gear so a couple auras turn off? To use a high-cost skill with BM?

Edit for an extra question: If I get two of those flasks, I'd be able to have over 100% resistances to everything. Would that mean I'd be entirely immune to elemental damage while its effect lasts?

Thanks in advance.

I can answer a few -

1: If you divine any legacy item it rerolls within the newer values - it will become non-legacy with the Divine.

2: Not sure on this one, I've never used Divination with a delayed kill character. I Would assume tho that the buff needs to be in place when the kill happens.

3. The buff does disappear if you stop regaining mana and health - keep your Divination at 0% quality to reduce the heals it gives and have something you can cast/spam to make sure it keeps ticking for the full duration of time.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Thanks a lot for the answers. (:

"If I get two of those flasks, I'd be able to have over 100% resistances to everything."
Only if a single Flask gets you to 100%. You can't stack same-type Flask effects.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"If I get two of those flasks, I'd be able to have over 100% resistances to everything."
Only if a single Flask gets you to 100%. You can't stack same-type Flask effects.

Oh, that sucks.
Ah, well. 97% is pretty good even if it doesn't make me entirely immune.

"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

1: If you divine any legacy item it rerolls within the newer values - it will become non-legacy with the Divine.

Hmm, not entirely true... You can safely divine some rare items without losing legacy mods
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
kolp wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

Hmm, not entirely true... You can safely divine some rare items without losing legacy mods
As far as I know, the only mod on a rare item that can be divined without losing it's legacy stat is IIQ, which is no longer a mod so it doesn't have a new value. It would be considered a legacy mod instead of a legacy value. So he's technically right. Although I haven't seen anyone confirm that it works without erasing the mod completely. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if implict mods like the +%all resist on shields get re-rolled with the new values either.
Last edited by Sentracer on Apr 22, 2014, 11:04:25 PM
"
Sentracer wrote:
"
kolp wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

As far as I know, the only mod on a rare item that can be divined without losing it's legacy stat is IIQ, which is no longer a mod so it doesn't have a new value. It would be considered a legacy mod instead of a legacy value. So he's technically right. Although I haven't seen anyone confirm that it works without erasing the mod completely.

Well, as far as I know y'all are both wrong then. You can still successfully divine legacy archon shields without losing the implicit +24% all res mod.

You can also divine shields with the legacy resplendent mod without losing it.

There are more examples outside shield mods that I know of.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info