GGG Staff will not change my email.

I'm furious right now. Absolutely furious.

Background: I've been supporting GGG with POE since beta. I've played on and off from closed beta, to open beta, to release.

I decided to start playing again so I logged in to my account and went to change my email (my old gmail address was closed and deleted). I sent 2 requests and awaited the confirmation link in my NEW email (which is where the link usually goes to with every other service I've ever used) only to realize they were sending it to the OLD address which I no longer have access too.

I then emailed GGG asking to change my email to new one. They said they could not do it unless I emailed them from the current email on the account, but they might be able to do it if I provide info for them (city/state account was created from, current IP, transactions that occurred on account) which I did.

THEN they wanted me to give them the last 4 of the credit card used for those transactions. I used a pre-paid vanilla visa gift card, you know the kind that you cut up and throw out when you're done with them? I don't have that card anymoer! I told them this and they said they cannot change my email address without that information.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. I've been supporting GGG since beta, through closed and open, I have full access to my account at the moment, verified all my information, and yet they are telling me they won't change my email?

What the fuck!? Losing a long time fan of your game is pretty pathetic when it's over an email change issue, but I guess that's the way it's going to be. Wow... fucking ridiculous.
You have to understand that they have these policies and things in place to PROTECT your account.

You wouldn't want me (or anyone else) going to GGG and forcing them to give me your account because I thrash and complain about it and threaten them. They have certain ways to verify your account, and unfortunately because of YOUR choices, you no longer can properly verify your account to their satisfaction for them to make sure they consider it "yours".

Why didn't you change your email address as soon as it was no longer "yours"? It's a huge security problem when you have things tied to an email you no longer have access to. If I lost access to my email, you can bet I'd immediately change everything I had attached to it.

On a side note, what sort of situation arises that prevents someone from properly accessing their email address? Were you using an ISP given email or something rather than a webmail (gmail) type account?

Edit: It also does absolutely no good to post this to the forum as no one here can do anything to help you with your problem, other than explain why they cannot help you. The only people who can help you with your problem are GGG staff, and you've already been talking to them (hopefully). A thread here won't do anything to persuade them on their opinion, and no one else here has access to do anything about it.
Last edited by Drakier on Apr 22, 2014, 7:05:05 PM
"
Drakier wrote:
You have to understand that they have these policies and things in place to PROTECT your account.

You wouldn't want me (or anyone else) going to GGG and forcing them to give me your account because I thrash and complain about it and threaten them. They have certain ways to verify your account, and unfortunately because of YOUR choices, you no longer can properly verify your account to their satisfaction for them to make sure they consider it "yours".

Why didn't you change your email address as soon as it was no longer "yours"? It's a huge security problem when you have things tied to an email you no longer have access to. If I lost access to my email, you can bet I'd immediately change everything I had attached to it.

On a side note, what sort of situation arises that prevents someone from properly accessing their email address? Were you using an ISP given email or something rather than a webmail (gmail) type account?

As I stated the email address was DELETED by my request. Every service I've ever used send new email changes to the NEW email, since being logged in to the account to set a new email is already required. My choices have nothing to do with this bull shit. Who the fuck keeps a pre-paid vanilla gift card for 3 years because they think they might need it to verify account information for a video game in the future? Seriously?

Not to mention, why can't an address where supporter pack merchandise was sent be used to verify the account? Or the name and info used to create the account? This is absurd.
Last edited by Azurafox on Apr 22, 2014, 7:05:52 PM
I'm sorry that you were upset by this process. Unfortunately, we receive a high volume of these types of requests and we must be certain that the requests are coming from the owners of these accounts otherwise this is a very serious risk to all account security.

I would recommend going to your profile page on the website and viewing your transaction history. From here, I would recommend replying to your original email with any information you can find about the payments you have on your account. We will do our best to process this further for you.
"
Azurafox wrote:
As I stated the email address was DELETED by my request. Every service I've ever used send new email changes to the NEW email, since being logged in to the account to set a new email is already required. My choices have nothing to do with this bull shit. Who the fuck keeps a pre-paid vanilla gift card for 3 years because they think they might need it to verify account information for a video game in the future? Seriously?

Not to mention, why can't an address where supporter pack merchandise was sent be used to verify the account? Or the name and info used to create the account? This is absurd.

Sorry I missed that part. I made an edit to my post as well which you should read.

Unfortunately no one here can help you. You'll just have to work with GGG to resolve the problem. Perhaps they CAN use more information if you suggest it to them... but keep in mind, they aren't going to change the email unless you can prove to their satisfaction that it is yours. It's a good policy and I understand and respect it. Sorry you made changes to your own information that prevents authentication... but that's on you, not GGG or their policy.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I'm sorry that you were upset by this process. Unfortunately, we receive a high volume of these types of requests and we must be certain that the requests are coming from the owners of these accounts otherwise this is a very serious risk to all account security.

I would recommend going to your profile page on the website and viewing your transaction history. From here, I would recommend replying to your original email with any information you can find about the payments you have on your account. We will do our best to process this further for you.

Wow... just... wow...

Well, I WAS going to return to POE from D3, once again, but I guess not.
Uninstalling as we speak. Worse $300 I've ever invested. What the fuck.
"
Azurafox wrote:
Wow... just... wow...

I don't understand what you're upset at Bex about now.. She's just trying to help you.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Azurafox wrote:
Wow... just... wow...

I don't understand what you're upset at Bex about now.. She's just trying to help you.

Referring me to the transaction history page does not help me! It lists exalted and support pack, and the date. That doesn't help. The cards used are gone. I cannot give any information about the transactions that isn't already listed.
I'm sorry, I can't post more specific requests here. In my last email to you I recommended that you acquire some specific information, this information should be available to you and will allow us to proceed with this request.

Again, I am really sorry for any hassle or inconvenience that this may be causing you. It is not our intention to cause frustration in this way. We would not take you through this long process if it were not absolutely necessary in order to protect your account security.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
I'm sorry, I can't post more specific requests here. In my last email to you I recommended that you acquire some specific information, this information should be available to you and will allow us to proceed with this request.

Again, I am really sorry for any hassle or inconvenience that this may be causing you. It is not our intention to cause frustration in this way. We would not take you through this long process if it were not absolutely necessary in order to protect your account security.

I don't have an email from you. The last email I got I already responded too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info