Why would anyone use this?!?

"
aga110 wrote:
Voidhome at least has PvP uses

This on the other hand is completely useless.

Just the other day, the first boss I'd ever fought with the "Inner Treasure" mod appeared - so joy, much happy! -

... and it dropped this. Cue five minutes of deep breaths to dissipate the revulsion.
"
Tao_Jones wrote:
"
aga110 wrote:

Just the other day, the first boss I'd ever fought with the "Inner Treasure" mod appeared - so joy, much happy! -

... and it dropped this. Cue five minutes of deep breaths to dissipate the revulsion.

Hehe my first inner treasure monster was early on in ambush, and dropped me a Mon'tregul's Grasp (which was worth 10 ex this early in the league).

Every inner treasure I've found since then has dropped poop, but that first one has me squealing like a little girl whenever I see the mod now. Must be a Pavlovian thing.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
aga110 wrote:

I've only been playing three or four months, and have had two of those drop. The first time, I was excited. "Wow, a unique helm!" Then I looked at the stats. Then I looked again. Then I vendored it. When the second one dropped, I checked the stats just to make sure they were the same crap, then immediately vendored that one too. Really, what is that good for? Is there a build that could conceivably be viable with this?
For Voidhome: Weapon Swap with Leap Slam + Faster Attacks.
For Veil of the Night: Max out block/spellblock and... no, it's pretty bad. Wait for 3d art.
Here's what I did with "Fail of the Night".

<white great helm drops>
<blue great helm drops>
<yellow great helm drops>

Vendor all four for five orbs of chance.
I like to imagine that the supporter who made veil of the night is using it as a key part of some secret build that can faceroll all content in PoE, and no one else has caught on yet.
"
Bunnu wrote:
I like to imagine that the supporter who made veil of the night is using it as a key part of some secret build that can faceroll all content in PoE, and no one else has caught on yet.
More likely it is used in secret build that can be facerolled by any PoE monster :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I think its intended for high level 2h mace users to have a some-what decent magic find weapon, but more so for the as-yet barely touched PVP component.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Bunnu wrote:
More likely it is used in secret build that can be facerolled by any PoE monster :)

I believe it is intended for a super heavy block tank. Go scion and get and the evasion wheel nearby (the whole thing), and then as much life and life regen, block chance and block recovery that you can possibly get.

The primary spell would be for 5L: Tempest Shield > Life Leech > Added Lightning Damage > Added Chaos Damage > Culling Strike

and for a 6L: Tempest Shield > Life Leech > Added Lightning Damage > Added Chaos Damage > Culling Strike > Added Cold Damage

The stats you would aim for would be something like this 78% block chance, 75% spell block chance, 75% evasion rating, as much armour as possible.

Every time you block a spell or a physical attack which is a vast majority of the time you will damage the attacker for ridiculous amount of damage (close to 10k if my calculation is correct) and heal yourself with life leech.

Any time you do not block you will have a very high chance to evade and anything that isn't blocked or evaded will do negligible damage unless it is a spell.

Spells that hit hard are dealt with because you only get hit with 25% of them and with such high hp and life regen, flasks, and constantly healing when you block, I think it could be a very powerful, if boring to play, build. You essentially stand there. Even less to do than an RF build.

Speaking of RF builds this could work on a modified one, such that all the stuff spent getting over-capped resists goes into more armour hp and hp regeneration (aiming for 400 hp regen per second with vitality up range) and you use t-shield rather than RF.

Really it would be forming a build around the helm and the result could be unkillably tanky, but since a good RF build has a strong t-shield alongside it, it seems pointless to go a Veil build.
Last edited by husk_OptimusPrime on Apr 24, 2014, 5:20:32 AM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
It's a cursed item. I didn't know this game could drop uniques that were cursed.

I don't find a unique for a week or 2 and this is the junk I get! GRRRRR Dropped by that loser Armois Bell in a sewer, appropriately enough. :)

I used all mine while testing animate guardian.. That's a quick way to burn through them :P
Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info