Nothing drops in this game. Unrewarding to play.

I tried this game out again this season.

Started with Invasion. Stopped because of the overtuned invaders. Remade on Ambush

Pretty much nothing has dropped so far. The economy is in a pathetic state.

If I haven't found had a drop by now, there is a high chance that I will never have a drop. Which means no respeccing into new builds, no making new fun builds that are better than my current build.

No sandbox. No nothing. None of it is possible without good drops to finance it, and since good drops don't happen, ever, it's pointless.

A sandbox ARPG was what I wanted out of this. It's just not realistically possible given the way the economy works.

The game stops being enjoyable when you realize it's no longer rewarding to play. Has nothing to do with burnout. There are plenty of builds and things I'd love to try. I just don't have the drops to support them.

Enjoyment in this game is gated by luck.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yeah.. I found no Exalts since this race started. Just the usual crappy uniques. Already bored. They wont buff drop rates because we wouldn't want the rich getting angry would we?
completely agree with you dude- i manage to play the game quite a lot as i only work part time - and the decent drops can be months and hundreds of hours apart- yes i do have one insanely geared char but its my only char i have worked my balls of to create- but still there is things i want to craft to upgrade him, which means i will need an amazing drop to finance this- this game is designed for the hardcore not the casual player- casual players will probs never ever face artizi hell even i havent yet and ive run around city of sarn till my eyes bleed praying for a midnight fragment- i would love to make other builds but to get them to the level i would like will take way too long hence why im devoted to my first and only char. i hope ure drops improve dude as for now im taking a break from the rng fest maybe only logging on for an hour a day now- maybe not at all.
"
Skellimancer wrote:
Yeah.. I found no Exalts since this race started. Just the usual crappy uniques. Already bored. They wont buff drop rates because we wouldn't want the rich getting angry would we?

i've met quite a few of these rich players.

want to know how they 90%+ of them got rich on Ambush/Invasion?

they liquidate their gear on the legacy leagues, trade it for forum gold on a third party website, then buy currency/gear in the current leagues

theres only 300 or 400 people higher level than me in ambush. i've leveled with some of them and met others.

the RMT is strong in this game
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Skellimancer wrote:

i've met quite a few of these rich players.

want to know how they 90%+ of them got rich on Ambush/Invasion?

they liquidate their gear on the legacy leagues, trade it for forum gold on a third party website, then buy currency/gear in the current leagues

theres only 300 or 400 people higher level than me in ambush. i've leveled with some of them and met others.

the RMT is strong in this game

You can buy exalted orbs in Ambush for $5 and some change each...lol

As much as GGG wants this game to not be pay to win, it is. Unfortunately.
you're level 92 on ambush. I don't believe you NEVER found anything good lol
"
iiell wrote:

You can buy exalted orbs in Ambush for $5 and some change each...lol

As much as GGG wants this game to not be pay to win, it is. Unfortunately.

The game is designed in precisely a way to encourage this behavior. There's a bit of contradiction.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Mahesys wrote:

believe it.

this thread would not exist otherwise

if i liquidated all my current gear, and even my 77/78 map pool, i still wouldn't be able to respec into much of anything
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 22, 2014, 2:24:11 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:

believe it.

this thread would not exist otherwise

if i liquidated all my current gear, and even my 77/78 map pool, i still wouldn't be able to respec into much of anything

Ok it's clear that with good you mean Kaoms Soul taker and Shavronnes then

I mean good as 5+ chaos worth of item for example, i'm fucking poor
kaoms and shav are huge ticket items

i'm not even remotely that greedy

5c+ is pretty much not even noticeable to me. i can spend that rolling a map, which is the basic tax/cost of living in PoE.
Last edited by Veruski on Apr 22, 2014, 2:36:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info