"Responsible" Reporting and useless necromancer moderation

No I am not e-mailing support to receive "Bla I am very sorry how you feel" standard mails.

After the Report Posting feature went live following thing happened. Report Abuse resulting in Probations for ancient postings before the "No hate" rule even existed.I saw at last 4 users receiving probations they made month till years ago.

Moderation hired from reddit for example sometime in 2013 editing postings before their account even existed.

So how does report trolling work?
Use search and look for a keyword.

For example [Removed by Support]:
Click on a result
In the example:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/67719/page/2#p829652
Report him-->Enjoy edit made in 2014 and possible a PM/Probation.

But wait there is a catch what if the user doesn't post anymore?

Then filter on active users.
How about reporting for naming and shaming shaming:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/47741
How about to probate me and Charan at the same time?

Here is a good example for report trolling.
LigerZero necromances a posting. Evilclouds posting contained an insult->Probation.
The user didn't even know what he was probated for.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/386472/page/1#p3417500
The one deserving a probation is LigerZero for Necromancing.

The solution would be that support should be only able to edit postings after their account creation or after certain date and a stricter Necromancer rule such as a remimder that the thread is already x months old it might be outdated, necromancing might end up in probation.

Nobody reads ancient postings anymore but those who want to cause trouble.
But users getting probated for ancient postings is just a new low.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Apr 26, 2014, 11:05:58 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Inconsistency is still #1 low.
The irony is that example 1 already got removed over 1 year after creation. -.-
Wut, ggg hired mercenaries from reddit to hunt down and prosecute the rebellions ?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
If the only reason you're not using slurs and hate speech is that they're against the rules, I'm fine with you not posting any more.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Yeah the moderation in these forums is pretty pathetic. It's always been like this though, it's nothing new. Guess now they just got lazier so they resort to pretend they're working by "moderating" old posts.

Hiring people from reddit... heh I didn't know that, that's sad.
"Of course we balance knowing players will Alt-F4 out of there."
- Qarl
Yeah, that's pretty ugly stuff. It's not too hard to follow the reported link through to check the date. I would call it common sense, but unless it's written down, that's too high a bar for consistent moderation.

---

As for hiring moderators out of reddit, I don't think that matters as long as they're good moderators. There's some snarky remarks to make about the average reddit moderator I'm sure, but each person should be judged by themselves.
Personally I can't complain about the mods. They leave a lot of cursing go unpunished - as long as it's not a personal attack on someone. Other places throwing F and S bombs gets you banned rather quickly. And about moving threads... people need to realize that General is not the only place to be.

What OP brought up needs to stop though, it invites abuse. Just removing the remark in question should be enough.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Yeah, that's pretty ugly stuff. It's not too hard to follow the reported link through to check the date. I would call it common sense, but unless it's written down, that's too high a bar for consistent moderation.

When the first probations occured the shift switched so I guessed that support was tired and accidently probated.
But it seems support doesn't check the date and flies over the postings or the Report function for support looks like:

X reported following posting as harassment.
Additional Info: "Insult"
"Fuck you"
(This posting has y reports)
[edit posting] [Probate poster]

"
As for hiring moderators out of reddit, I don't think that matters as long as they're good moderators. There's some snarky remarks to make about the average reddit moderator I'm sure, but each person should be judged by themselves.

Long OT reply.
Spoiler
You can only say that they stay on procedure but what makes it bad are standard answers.
Every lag, connection issue... will be replied by "Post MTR","Packcheck", "Must be on your side"...

Damaged hardware obviously caused by the PoE massive loads will be replied with "Reinstall, upgrade drivers ..."

Or how many times did "Please don't antagonize each other" didn't result in "Topic logic due off topic comments and antagonistic answers"
This kind of censorship is useless because the antagonism is aimed at somebody who is actively reading meaning he read the reply before support could remove it.
And there are ways to make you hate other players and possible use insults without breaking any rules such as actively derail every thread somebody creates(Oh yeah I "love" this guy derailing my threads at page 2-3 and 3-10 have nothing to do with the OP anymore)

Something with use to be removed is something like. "Fuck every Standardplayer"

Answers that don't help at all. Looking at reddit the hostile comments went there and most of the horrible threads too. And do you really believe that downvoting helps? People get down/upvoted just because of their name.
If Chris for example would impersonate some controversial player or a nobody he will instantly receive downvotes, this means reddit users will still click removed answers.

The highest quality thread got like 30 upvotes over days and several downvotes but crap like:"look I 6 linked on first try" "look I 6 linked again" receive over 100 upvotes.

The issue is that support answers aren't helpful in most cases because they lack knowledge or are too late.

"
Personally I can't complain about the mods. They leave a lot of cursing go unpunished - as long as it's not a personal attack on someone. Other places throwing F and S bombs gets you banned rather quickly.

Other boards rather use automatic filters those get you banned.
Try to type "Fuck that loser" on blizzard forums and you will receive a 1-2 week ban(first offense 1 week 2+ 2 weeks)
You can type "fuck that" or even "Fuck that stupid loser" but the Blizzard filter removes all blanks and the automatic ban is issued on "Fuckthatloser"
Some boards just filter all swearwords and issue tempbans regardless of the context.

"
What OP brought up needs to stop though, it invites abuse. Just removing the remark in question should be enough.

Like I said bump/report the CB naming and shaming thread and there will be instant probations of active posters.

And yes I got several postings which could receive necromoderation like vague descriptions how people RMT, naming and shaming RMT scum in CB(some of them switched their RMTboard account after that or even switched the PoE account on OB), shamed a charactername in the scammerhread, massive OT discussions over pages....

But when I see some user probated because of a necroed thread or some user getting probated and you kind find a single censored post over 4 recent pages that's just wrong and somebody was a victim of report abuse.

And yes there are horrible threads like "Fuck GGG", "Game is dogshit" getting bumped but the creators haven't posted for months.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info