'Corrupted blood' debuff.

i dont mind corrupted blood beacause it can beat easly beat by limiting your attacks then attack again after u charges ware off but i do think any monster with this mod should not be able to also have life regen thats only thing that bothers me being a melee char

because DoT skills counters corrupted blood pretty well and any one can use fire trap
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm currently playing a level 87 Incinerate witch. Other than Lightning Warp, Incinerate is my only damaging spell. I use Incinerate with Faster Casting. I use exactly 1 Staunching flask, with two uses from full. I don't have any problem with Corrupting Blood, because I actually think while I play. My character has died to the affix exactly once (more details on that later).

Since this appears to be a problem, here's my procedure for dealing with CB rares, so you can copy it.

0. Keep aware of rare affixes. You do need to treat CB rares differently than normal rares. If possible, you want to catch them before you incur any bleed stacks whatsoever. If you mess up and get too many bleed stacks, you may need to Staunch and then, if your Staunch flask is low, kill other monsters elsewhere to get your charges back up before you engage directly.
1. Double-check your flask setup and make sure you know exactly what button your Staunch flask is on. This might sound silly, but my only death to a CB rare ever on my Witch was because I was mistaken about which button to press to Staunch and could not figure out my error as I frantically lost what remained of my health. Failing to follow this step killed me once, and I try to avoid making the same mistake twice.
2. Control the area. Dealing with a CB rare should have a final result of a dead CB rare and you at low EHP (normally about 30%). As such, you need to control the situation so other things won't take you from 30% to 0%. If necessary, clear around the CB rare while avoiding hits on the CB rare directly.
3. Pick a spot to engage, and build Incinerate stacks without engaging. This means you're Incinerating empty air, usually in the direction directly opposite the CB rare, while it approaches you. You do not want to waste 0, 1, or 2 stack Incinerates on a CB rare; you want to use 3-stack Incinerates only. This gives you a much better damage-per-hit ratio. With practice you can get your timing down so that it reaches you at almost exactly the time you get up to 3 stacks, or that you're not Incinerating empty air (using the time to DPS non-CB enemies). Some inconsiderate monsters may force you to switch to them slightly before 3 stacks, but 2 is still better than 0.
4. Switch your stacked Incinerate onto the CB rare until either at very low life (20%) or the rare is dead. DO NOT STAUNCH YET. You will go up to 20 stacks in a hurry. This is fine, because you're also dealing massive damage; this entire step should only last about one second. Most rares don't survive long against a three-stack Incinerate; it'll be dying faster than you are.
5. When the rare is dead or you can't take any more, Staunch. Retreat then repeat if necessary.

With timing, this procedure my seem risky, but it's actually remarkably safe. As I've said before, used it a lot, only 1 death.

TL;DR: L2play, -1 to your suggestion.
Spoiler

Most useful ever... xD
Hi

Corrupted blood that hard? Just watch how many stacks of bleeding you got. Volatile fireblood now that's a bugger...

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I am facepalming so hard right now.

Corrupting Blood is tricky for attack spd chars but 1 flask charge removes all stacks. Its a hit-and-run game if your atkspd is too high.

You found one-of-the/the hole in your spec. Now it's your turn to adapt to deal with it.
You can't afk in PoE and expect to live. Why you wouldn't check the Top Mod on rare mobs is beyond me and will lead to death...
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
ive never had problems with corrupting blood, if you can just leech enough you only need to use a satunching flask after you kill it
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
And you always have an option of running away instead of fighting that mob...
I think the only problem I see with cb is for your minions, as they don't have the brain you normally have... It would be great to make staunching affecting minions, no ?
Well, after some testing i figured out the pattern for dealing with CB for my caster.

There is a problem, thou, if i see the debuff soon enough i can disengage, regain the shield, and kill it with totem+traps.
But with ping and general human reaction delay (one needs to identify it. the only deadly for me debuff in a long string of icons) usually i can't react before i get it stacked up to 20.
So if i'm not dead by this time (it's not like i'm engaging single mob, guys) i do run away, all my flasks are based on 'speed' ones, since i don't have HP and have no problems with mana.

Anyway, by now i only wish someone would make this mod visual. Like the reflects, let's say.
It would make life much easier for ppl who are playing with higher ping, and tend to play in parties a lot.

I have to repeat, guys, when you have a total of 10-15 buffs, with some of them temporary like charges, bloodrage, totems, traps, etc - it's not that easy to immediately identify the one that can actually kill you in 2 seconds ;)
Last edited by behemothd on Apr 25, 2014, 11:42:19 AM
"
PHRandom wrote:
And you always have an option of running away instead of fighting that mob...
How can a glorious standard player in shiny legacy gear run away from anything?
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
behemothd wrote:
mate, i don't know what to say, i'm a fire mage, and cast incinerate 10 times per second.

use fireblast for corrupting blood mobs?

problem solved I would think

thats how I handled them on my incinrater
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info