Molten Strike Preview Video

"
sidtherat wrote:

Also it seems to use the same niche as infernal blow (fire melee) so it is just matter of numbers. If new one is better noone shall play IB. If this one underperforms noone shall use this one

IB is AoE, but also very distinctly ONLY AoE. As the AoE fire damage distributes only on kill, you are completely dependent on the size of the pack you're attacking. I'm guessing MS will be a more narrow AoE variant, with on-hit distribution of fire damage, similar to Glacial Cascade. It will probably lose to IB against larger packs, but win against smaller ones, against single targets, and in general past the initial boom. They might in fact complement eachother very well (possibly within one single build).

I've made a separate thread to pre-theorycraft an MS build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/905639

"
Brazilski wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Also it seems to use the same niche as infernal blow (fire melee) so it is just matter of numbers. If new one is better noone shall play IB. If this one underperforms noone shall use this one

IB is AoE, but also very distinctly ONLY AoE. As the AoE fire damage distributes only on kill, you are completely dependent on the size of the pack you're attacking. I'm guessing MS will be a more narrow AoE variant, with on-hit distribution of fire damage, similar to Glacial Cascade. It will probably lose to IB against larger packs, but win against smaller ones, against single targets, and in general past the initial boom. They might in fact complement eachother very well (possibly within one single build).

I've made a separate thread to pre-theorycraft an MS build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/905639

+100

someone finally gets it ^^
"
Consequence wrote:
Would love to know what weapons it will work with. Obviously, it works with maces/scepters as that is what is in the vid.

My hope is that it works with axes as currently Axes seems kinda ghetto on the aoe attack skills.

###

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info