Highest character level without mapping

"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
qquno wrote:
Out of curiousity, what is the highest character level you know / got without mapping? Probably with link to poestatistics.com, thanks.

If possible mention time frame as well.

Why would you want to do this? Whenever I level a char I am looking for the *lowest* possible char level to go mapping. 66 maps are very cheap, so you play them white, and leave and play another when dangerous mobs are there. Played that way, maps are less dangerous than Lunaris (or if you have trouble with the doggies, even less dangerous than Docks).

Ideally you start mapping at level 58 (with a very slight xp penalty for being too low a level) and rack up xp ASAP.

Hehe funny how things work.

I leave maps for as long as possible so I still have a decent source of exp once I have finished with Piety/Docks etc.

I normally start mapping around level 80 but have done so a bit earlier on a few chars.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Alysma wrote:
The Catacombs are good, too. :-)

Catacombs are great, but cold-related status ailments are a pain and even over-capped cold resistance does not prevent the occasional chill or freeze.
additionally, Necromancers are annoying and statues are tanky as fuck.

this makes Catacombs take a lot more time to clear - on average - than Docks or even Lunaris (L3 is a much larger area, but you are only interested in the unique whipper, some rares, some blues, and Piety).

wanderlust wool shoes.

chill is a more insidious problem. if you need your attack speed, it really takes a chunk out of your dps, to the point where a mob could kill you.

same problem in the library.

the library is also a good place to farm experience.

and you should be able to push to 80 or 81 at those places.

really if you can speed clear docks, you should be running lunaris and farming piety. i usually do that until i'm 76 or 77. the exp gain is a little slow but the shower of goodies at the end is nice.

it's a hell of lot faster in maps though. started running level 69 and 70 maps with my summoner and i was amazed how much better the exp again was, even solo ! just roll those "horde" mods.

I start mapping as soon as my level allows me to gain full exp from them. Why the heck you'd farm docks for exp once you can map is confusing to me lol.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

I start mapping as soon as my level allows me to gain full exp from them. Why the heck you'd farm docks for exp once you can map is confusing to me lol.

-Fear of death
-Low life build without Shavs/Lorica (outside invasion and hoping not to find exiles)
-No maps and not trading for it
Spoiler
(once I ran out of 66 at lvl 82 not sure how that happened but I remember before that I had to buy my first 66 because I was already 71 without dropping a single map)
-Farming a no map only unique with tons of rarity

The list probably goes on.
English is not my first language.
Last edited by digdigo on Apr 22, 2014, 5:53:55 PM
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

because i die in a lot of maps, even after i can farm piety comfortably.

and since i get the guaranteed loot drop i basically farm lunaris as long as i can stand.

having said that, now that i'm starting to know which map is which, things are much better since i can make sure and run the maps with toons i know can handle it.

i still don't really like to run them. i'm not sure why. even though it's lunaris over and over again, i find that less annoying than orchard over and over again. it's weird.
lvl 81 @ open beta.
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

because i die in a lot of maps, even after i can farm piety comfortably.

and since i get the guaranteed loot drop i basically farm lunaris as long as i can stand.

having said that, now that i'm starting to know which map is which, things are much better since i can make sure and run the maps with toons i know can handle it.

i still don't really like to run them. i'm not sure why. even though it's lunaris over and over again, i find that less annoying than orchard over and over again. it's weird.

if think orchard is a pretty dangerous map compared to the level. The devourer has a very nasty shot. Easy to avoid but he is not alone and if you get surrounded with other mobs it is very easy to die there.

Grotto is pretty safe. But yes maps are more unpredictable. On the maps I have run I usually have no problems with the boss but the mobs that spawn with the boss might cause problem especially if you have no where to run. I had a bad experience of Cemetary once. Boss spawned together with a large pack of blue zombies that release poison on deaths + undying evangelist/aristocrats.
The trick in doing maps underleveled is:

1) run white 66s. Do not make them blue or yellow. Do not run 67s.
2) leave the bosses alone unless you KNOW your build can handle them easily
3) if you see mobs your character has difficulties with (e.g. evangelists for evasion based chars, devourers for almost anyone), go to next map
4) gain some easy levels (10 or so)
5) go do Piety (for 2 passive points)
6) go do some more serious mapping
7) kill Dominus (you don't get anything special from Dominus, syou might as well do it as late as possible)

Fair fights on 66 maps will just get you killed. You are there to gain a quick 10 levels or so, not for money or for glory.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Apr 23, 2014, 8:21:01 AM
Its interesting reading finding out how everyone approaches maps.

A good insight, even for a experienced player like me...
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
I'm at 87 through Piety runs mainly done before 1.1.0. I've done an occasional 66 map but nothing higher than that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info