Ambush exalted orbs

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Tom1989 wrote:
are u joking? 35-40 chaos a exalted -.-?

sadly not, is 38-40.

next time someone tells you standard is a junk economy, you can now officially laugh in their face for being a noob without a clue. 4 month softcore economies are a complete disaster every time.

You should be careful throwing around terms like that, considering things in ambush are also far cheaper and most items work out to about the exact same price in pure chaos. For instance a 6L non legacy Shav is about 75ex in Ambush vs 125 in Standard.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ya, the way the currency works in this game, the sinks like maps and crafting etc, it works out that softcore leagues go through this massive shitstorm after a week or two, and then settle down when its gets to standards long term status and theres enough currency reserves amoung the players to keep up with demands.

The economy is actually really robust and healthy in this game, holds up long term like no other game economy ive seen. Oddly its the fresh economies that are fucked, usually people want a fresh economy to unfuck things in arpgs. Not that most people notice, the fact that standard has the most stable and accessible economy in the game seems to escape a large portion of the players who disregard the league as a dumpster with a broken economy.

Exalts are priced higher at the 4 month leagues because, well, 4 months. You don't exactly have the time to get GG BiS gear in that amount of time. If all you want is access to the best stuff, play in Standard. The child leagues are there because it allows for even footing at league start, although we do still get those complete addicts who start mapping in the first day. If you somehow end up with high value items at league start, ou have the power to control the economy. JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE YO!!!!!!
Since i dont need exalts (besides buying stuff) i sold all my exalts for chaos (1:38). Way more usefull for me. Maybe i have some chaos left at the end of the league to buy exalts for a better price on standard. Who knows.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Tom1989 wrote:
are u joking? 35-40 chaos a exalted -.-?

sadly not, is 38-40.

next time someone tells you standard is a junk economy, you can now officially laugh in their face for being a noob without a clue. 4 month softcore economies are a complete disaster every time.

i actually did that multiple times to new player.
"new league is still fresh ! go for it"
"standard is a hell hole dont stick with it"
"you earn more in ambush, no point starting in standard"
etc...

i kinda laughed at my own face
I was pretty happy when bought 2ex for 79c
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Apr 22, 2014, 5:49:28 AM
Actually, I recall the exalt:chaos ratio at the end of last season in the four-month Domination league was closer to 1:25 on average. I only started playing in late November, so I wasn't in on the beginning of Domination and can't say how it changed over the full length of the league.

The interesting thing about the Ambush exalt:chaos ratio is that when you look at the purchasing power of both the exalt and the chaos, they appear to be little changed from Domination to Ambush - one chaos still buys 16-20 alts, one regret, 2-3 alchs or fuses, etc., and two exalts still buys you a Tabula Rasa, etc.

It's only the ratio between the exalt and the chaos that has inflated, in this case over 70% since the end of Domination.

It causes one to wonder why such a disparity would occur. Imagine that a vendor that sells the items you want only takes $50 bills, and you always get your pay in ten-dollar bills. You were accustomed to taking your tens to the bank and trading five of them for each of the fifties you needed to make your purchases. Now it's as if, while the purchasing power of your dollars has remained unchanged, the bank suddenly wants you to pay them eight ten-dollar bills for every fifty you need to take to the vendor.

Some smart currency traders are making an end-run around this strange development by offering trades that bypass the chaos entirely, offering (for instance) 500 alts:1 exalt, which works out to about 27:1 in chaos (with an 18.5:1 alt:chaos rate). I've asked a few in chat if they were getting many responses, and they replied in the affirmative. A neat bit of arbitrage, that. It's as if the person with the exalt acknowledges what the true purchasing power of the exalt is, and doesn't want to waste time converting the exalt to chaos first and buying in smaller batches, happily paying for the time savings with the difference in the exchange rates instead of getting a bulk discount.

If I were a speculator without a lot of currency, then I'd certainly trade my lower-currency items past the chaos barrier if I need exalts for an immediate purchase (requiring me to trade them in much larger bulk than I might have been accustomed before), sell any precious dropped exalts for chaos immediately, continue selling my lower-currency items for chaos and hoard them until the exchange rate becomes more favorable, or all three.

If I were one of the wealthy speculators, I'd of course be unloading as many exalts for 37-40 chaos as I could.

If enough smart people do this, the number of chaos in circulation should drop, and drive the ratio back down. Whereupon those speculating in chaos can expect to make a tidy profit.
"
Tao_Jones wrote:
Actually, I recall the exalt:chaos ratio at the end of last season in the four-month Domination league was closer to 1:25 on average. I only started playing in late November, so I wasn't in on the beginning of Domination and can't say how it changed over the

Yes, at the end of the season, because they approach standard rates before they merge. They were 1:36 at the midpoint. 1:50 at Anarchy midpoint.

In regards to a point I made earlier, those addressed can feel free to xyz Crown of Eyes in both standard and ambush.
"
reboticon wrote:
Yes, at the end of the season, because they approach standard rates before they merge. They were 1:36 at the midpoint. 1:50 at Anarchy midpoint.

Fascinating. I'm interested in your opinion if you have the time: click-compare rates on currency at or below a chaos value on PoExchange between Standard, Ambush and Invasion, and share your views on if you think that kind of behavior makes sense.

Props on your challenges, BTW. How close are you on the other two?
"
Tao_Jones wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:

Fascinating. I'm interested in your opinion if you have the time: click-compare rates on currency at or below a chaos value on PoExchange between Standard, Ambush and Invasion, and share your views on if you think that kind of behavior makes sense.

Props on your challenges, BTW. How close are you on the other two?

Rates are determined in new leagues by "illegal" trading sites and how many people are trying to cross league trade and cross game trade, in my observation. If you have enough currency and the items you need, you can get mega rich buying exalts early and selling at midpoint, but playing the market is very not fun for most people. I hate it. In the parent leagues there are far more exalts in existence, because very few people actually use them, but they keep dropping.

I'm at 66 in invasion and need all uber atziri items in ambush, so I'm a good way off. It's doable if I keep playing and don't die to lag or stupidity in invasion, but I am starting to feel a bit burnt out after so much corrupted zone farming.
Last edited by reboticon on Apr 23, 2014, 12:49:40 AM
"
reboticon wrote:
Rates are determined in new leagues by "illegal" trading sites and how many people are trying to cross league trade and cross game trade, in my observation.

That makes a lot more sense than the exalt:chaos exchange rate spontaneously stretching by 70% while buying power above and below remain largely unchanged. If I understand what you've implied, an RMT currency seller inflates the exalt:chaos rate by setting RMT prices for exalts in a particular league artificially higher, then benefits from the arbitrage of cross-league trade using mules. The 70% additional accumulated currency can then be sold for more RMT, lather, rinse, repeat.

The irony? If there were vastly more RMT currency sellers, competition would drive the exchange rate right back down as they'd RMT more currency at the uninflated price.

"
reboticon wrote:
If you have enough currency and the items you need, you can get mega rich buying exalts early and selling at midpoint, but playing the market is very not fun for most people. I hate it.

I heartily begrudge the time I spend trading instead of killing monsters, which is why I play the game. The problem is, I can't find a way around it. Too few yellow rings and amulets are dropping, and the zodiac leather I'm trying to craft is sucking down my lower currency like a black hole. Best drop I've seen so far is a Midnight shard.

"
reboticon wrote:
I'm at 66 in invasion and need all uber atziri items in ambush, so I'm a good way off. It's doable if I keep playing and don't die to lag or stupidity in invasion, but I am starting to feel a bit burnt out after so much corrupted zone farming.

Best of luck to you - it's going to be tough this season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info