[Official] WINE info thread

So it's working now, turns out it won't run at 1440p. I changed to 1080p and it runs perfectly. I can't believe how much time I wasted on this and that was the answer...
"
Dan1lo wrote:
I suggest setting resolution to 1920x1080 (I had some trouble with different resolutions)

I have same problem.

- 3840x2160(my native resolution)
- 1920x1080

works good. but other resolution all failed between both. Just hang out when changed.

Don't know if any other Linux users have hit 100, but it was a slog. Hopefully 3.5 doesn't brick my settings. :D
DX11 works stutterfree.
I finally got the game to run again without lags and those terrible stutters after the big official move to dx11. With the dxvk 0.91 hack and the recent tkg-3.19-x86_64 wine version it's not perfect, because there are still fps drops, but not those lag-inducing drops to zero which cause unnecessary and painful deaths.

How to apply patch.
To apply the hack I simply put the folders x32 and x64 with the setup_dxvk.verb file into a new folder in ~/.local/share/lutris/runtime/dxvk/0.91_POEhack, enabled DXVK in Lutris/Runner options and edited the DXVK version (one line below) to be used from exactly that folder (be sure to use the exact folder name that you chose to use including potential capitals).

Drivers and non-Ubuntu Linux.
As for Linux, I'm not using an Ubuntu variant and a lot of those requirements listed here are not necessary. It's also worth mentioning that I don't even use the most recent stable nvidia drivers 410.xx nor the 396.xx ones, but the old stable 390.xx drivers.
Last edited by Skomener on Nov 13, 2018, 1:48:15 PM
Hey there.

I've been following this guide but i'm having the 1440p issues, but it also seems I can't choose 1080p resolution in my system.

Do you guys have any workaround ?
The game runs really well for me with DXVK, but I'm also stuck at 1080p. If I try to go to 1440p (native for me), the game will just hang.
I had a problem similar to the latest poster about the game hanging with music at login. (Linux Mint 19, Lutris 0.4.23, Mesa 18.05, Dxvk 0.91-0.92, Wine tkg-3.19)

I was able to get dxvk fully functioning by changing the default Mesa Vulkan drivers to AMDVLK drivers. (v-2018.4.1)

I was first hesitant about bricking my computer but I followed the instructions and it worked 100% and the performance is better than before.

https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/AMDVLK
Last edited by AbsoluteScotch on Nov 16, 2018, 3:30:23 PM
What resolution are you using?
1080p is my native. Sorry, I don't have any insight into the resolution problem but changing the drivers could be worth a shot.
Tested it out with those and got everything working well in 1080p, but sadly the same hang occurs when trying to swap the resolution to 1440p. Maybe it is just an issue with DXVK since it happens with both drivers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info