[Official] WINE info thread

Unfortunately esync did not solve the performance issues. I still start getting bad lag after an hour or so of running maps on my Whispering Ice build. Restarting the game after every few maps is not a problem when playing alone but can be annoying if playing with friends.
"
acylus wrote:
Hey guys,

kinda new to the new setup for PoE, used to play awhile ago with a lot of Wine tweaking.

I followed this
https://github.com/tainium/PoE-Lutris-DXVK

but I'm getting this error and gets stuck on the loading screen:
"Art/Videos/LoadingBackgroundColour.png": In
source code file: f:\buildslave\build\production
\source\windows\visual\device
\d3d11\textured3d11.cpp at line 170,
Processing file:
Error: -2003292336
Running with DXVK 0.70 though (cause I couldn't get the hack to load with Lutris, that part of the instruction wasn't clear)

Specs:
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.18.3-arch1-1-ARCH
CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @ 4x 3.4GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 7876MiB

Hi idk if you were able to resolve this issue, but on page 200 of this thread is solution which helped me

"
prettyvacant wrote:
"
(snip)
I fixed it then this happened.

You should check the console output -- if you're using Lutris run it from a terminal, and enable Runner > Output debugging info. You're probably missing libpng12, so install it with your package manager (install both the 64 and 32 bit versions).

installing libpng12 made it for me
Hey all, looks like jomihaka just updated his DXVK PoE hack for DXVK 0.70.

Edit: Also known as kebusetä on these forums. Thanks again for your work.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Aug 25, 2018, 7:35:17 AM
My tornado shot ranger with legacy RotC is the new worst offender for causing lag. With mirage archer, blink arrow and siege ballista that's a lot of projectile spam. While getting the optional quests for her I had to restart the game every 20-30 minutes.

The trouble also doesn't seem to be strictly restricted to outdoors areas. High gardens seemed to be fine, but Haku's missions have problems.
Has anyone got it working with DXVK on Debian? I always got the error:
"
err:vulkan:get_vulkan_driver Wine was built without Vulkan support.
"
xxxskollxxx wrote:
"

I'm running PoE on Debian, but I built my own Wine. Which Wine are you using?
"
databeaver wrote:
"
xxxskollxxx wrote:
"

I'm running PoE on Debian, but I built my own Wine. Which Wine are you using?

I tried few versions. 3.0.2, 3.14 and now wine-vulkan 3.9. None of them work for me. If I set dx9 then it works, but performance is pretty bad and there is constant stuttering.
Anyone playing on an amd cpu and gpu comment on the current state of Poe on wine/proton?
"
xxxskollxxx wrote:
I tried few versions. 3.0.2, 3.14 and now wine-vulkan 3.9. None of them work for me. If I set dx9 then it works, but performance is pretty bad and there is constant stuttering.

I assume 3.0.2 is from apt? That's old enough that Wine didn't even have Vulkan support back then. What about the other versions? Where are they from? It sounds strange that something called wine-vulkan would complain about missing Vulkan support; are you sure you're running the correct binary?
I got my game running with almost flawless performance today thanks to this forum thread.

Here's a video demonstrating how well it runs.

The stuttering is finally gone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info