[Official] WINE info thread

Hello everyone!

Ubuntu 16.04
i5-6400
8GB DDR4
no standalone videocard
wine 2.3 Windows 7
glsls enabled in playonlinux, without that the game doesnt start

I tried many things, like --nosound, gc -100 etc, nothing has worked for me. I have constant frame drops, even in town, and the game always crashes after 2-3 map/dungeon.

Any idea how could i make it run without constant lag and crashes?
Last edited by Coconaut_ on Apr 8, 2017, 5:30:19 AM
Hi, folks. Not having any luck going full screen and improving FPS. I've been looking around for info on and off for two days now and finally caved on posting. Any help would be appreciated. Here are my specs. Nothing to write home about

Ubuntu 16.04 64bit
AMD A10-8700P X Radeon R6
4G MEMORY

PlayOnLinux
Winetricks (Haven't Touched)
What do you guys think of glsl=disable?

I've been testing with it on-and-off and I don't really like it. It gains me 20ish FPS in town not doing anything, but I'm convinced I lose 5-10 FPS in combat. Only trying it 'cause it's recommended.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Apr 21, 2017, 6:04:58 PM
So was this canceled? Can't be downloaded any longer
I'm currently running PoE with Wine Staging 2.6-1 on Arch and it's working great with the 64-bit client in a 64-bit virtual drive (in PlayOnLinux), CSMT enabled, DirectX 9EX, garbage collector settings (-gc 100), and the typical configuration changes. I didn't use the available PlayOnLinux installation script.

Oh and DX11 actually doesn't seem too far away for us. The guys at Codeweavers and the Wine developers they hired are doing a great job getting it ready. Some games are shaping up well, hopefully PoE will too.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Apr 23, 2017, 2:52:10 PM
"
Sarno wrote:
What do you guys think of glsl=disable?

I've been testing with it on-and-off and I don't really like it. It gains me 20ish FPS in town not doing anything, but I'm convinced I lose 5-10 FPS in combat. Only trying it 'cause it's recommended.

I get a slide show with it on.

Im back to -gc, the noasync is much worse on 2.5 staging, csmt etc

Load times, both monster and different area's are 10x better. But not dipping, why i was using noasync
Last edited by Chadwixx on Apr 24, 2017, 1:31:32 AM
Where is the latest instruction to get it set up?
Anyone running this in Gentoo?
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Hi,

I'm running it on Gentoo and it works alright. PlayOnLinux stopped working properly for me a while ago so I'm using wine from portage right now:

app-emulation/wine 2.3 (with staging enabled)

Currently running it in a win64 container.

In winecfg:
Applications:
Graphics:
Emulate a virtual desktop: checked
Desktop size set to preferred size
Staging:
Enable CSMT for better graphic performance: checked

In winetricks:
GLSL Support: Disabled
Video Memory size: (set to your VRAM)

It works alright. A lot better that it used to at least that's for sure. You still need to restart the game from time to time which is too bad.
"
Wicla wrote:
Hi,

I'm running it on Gentoo and it works alright. PlayOnLinux stopped working properly for me a while ago so I'm using wine from portage right now:

app-emulation/wine 2.3 (with staging enabled)

Currently running it in a win64 container.

In winecfg:
Applications:
Graphics:
Emulate a virtual desktop: checked
Desktop size set to preferred size
Staging:
Enable CSMT for better graphic performance: checked

In winetricks:
GLSL Support: Disabled
Video Memory size: (set to your VRAM)

It works alright. A lot better that it used to at least that's for sure. You still need to restart the game from time to time which is too bad.

Haha awesome, thanks a lot
Doesn't 32bit works better?
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Good question. I think I created a win64 container because it would give me access to DirectX 9Ex. But someone correct me if I'm wrong. You'll have to ask someone else if it's still better to use win32. sorry!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info