[Official] WINE info thread

I'm running on PlayOnLinux using GLSL on a AMD R7 240 and FPS is ~25 max to min 9 and 1.

Using --nopreload --softwareaudio and most recent system Wine. Fedora 24.

What else should I do to improve my FPS?
I LOVE this game, and while I can run on Windows 10 with 60+FPS I don't want to boot it just to play PoE haha, my most loved game on my most loved system would be awesome :D

I will still play this way, but I hope we can get better fps in the future :|
"
Haleine wrote:
I'm running on PlayOnLinux using GLSL on a AMD R7 240 and FPS is ~25 max to min 9 and 1.

Using --nopreload --softwareaudio and most recent system Wine. Fedora 24.

What else should I do to improve my FPS?
I LOVE this game, and while I can run on Windows 10 with 60+FPS I don't want to boot it just to play PoE haha, my most loved game on my most loved system would be awesome :D

I will still play this way, but I hope we can get better fps in the future :|

Keep Windows for dual-boot (I know, I know...). It is a PITA to re-log just to play PoE but at least you can actually play it.

Another option, which I would gladly use if I had the hardware for it, is GPU pass through. In short, you launch Windows in a VM, allow it full access to your dedicated GPU while Linux GUI runs on integrated graphics. Near native experience with no dual-boot. There are a bunch of guides online if you're interested.

Other than that I don't think there's anything you can do. AFAIK there isn't some magical launch parameter or Wine configuration that fixes FPS problems. You can only hope for updates from GGG and Wine devs.
Last edited by VodkaBorschGG on Sep 11, 2016, 3:26:49 AM
Managed to solve my problem by deleting the production_Config.ini file, held in the user folder.

Had to download 7GB of data again though, but at least it's working.
"
Blaiz0r wrote:
Managed to solve my problem by deleting the production_Config.ini file, held in the user folder.

Sorry, but that is a silly solution. Only reason why I could see that working is if you had previously cranked up the video settings to the max. And if the default config has lower settings. Or maybe (I'm just speculating here) getting fresh Content.gpk file has some effect on performance. I remember there was a tool for defragmenting it. Not for Steam users though.

Either way I wouldn't call what you did a fix.
Last edited by VodkaBorschGG on Sep 11, 2016, 1:35:05 PM
"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:
"
Blaiz0r wrote:

Sorry, but that is a silly solution. Only reason why I could see that working is if you had previously cranked up the video settings to the max. And if the default config has lower settings. Or maybe (I'm just speculating here) getting fresh Content.gpk file has some effect on performance. I remember there was a tool for defragmenting it. Not for Steam users though.

Either way I wouldn't call what you did a fix.

You're right, and I found that upon restarting and running the game once on Max settings, opening the game again would cause the same issue.

Instead of deleting the file i decided to edit it instead as it's just an ini configuration file.

I'm not sure what setting is specifically causing the issue yet, I haven't done enough testing, but I'm thinking it might be Post Processing, which never caused me an issue before unfortunately.
Does anyone have any sound issues? For me either the game has sound or other applications e.g. browser can, but not both at the same time.
"
CookieTough2 wrote:
Does anyone have any sound issues? For me either the game has sound or other applications e.g. browser can, but not both at the same time.

Which linux distro are you using? If you have one of the "user-friendly" ones it should work out of the box.
Hi all, i have a problem with my graphic card. I have nVidia GeForce GTX 950, but poe use GTX 470 (i don't have that card :/) Can someone help me with this. And cant use fullscreen.

http://i.imgur.com/8e8lvlP.jpg
Last edited by milasinn on Sep 16, 2016, 8:20:17 AM
My wine & linux observations:
◇ If you have Intel integrated and Nvidia discrete video cards. You can install Nvidia optimus bumblebee stuff and run PoE on discrete only card (do not bother if you have card with more than 1gb and 1000mhz gpu, but if your card is 256-512mb and already old, it may help squeeze some additional fps).

◇ Always remove shadows (at least triple performance increase).

◇ The game works on wine just fine (the key word is "works", you may noticed I mentioned fps stuff first, right exile?). Ctrl+C on items used not to work some year(s) ago.
Last edited by TomFyuri on Sep 17, 2016, 5:38:06 AM
I've noticed that I'm creating a lot of extra files in my home folder when I run the game, I usually use the command line from ~/

"
~$WINEDEBUG=-all wine .wine/drive_C/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Grinding\ Gear\ Games/Path\ of\ Exile/PathOfExile.exe

Then I find that in my home folder I have Client.exe, a few dll files, ShaderCach directory and Content.ggpk.

I've even found them in my Downloads folder so I think it's relative to where I run the command from, is this expected behaviour? should I run the exe from here or the Client.exe file from the wine documents folder?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info