[Official] WINE info thread

"
VodkaBorschGG wrote:

In addition to what you said, for me any kind of ground effects accelerate the process as well. Doesn't have to be map mods. Just playing with somebody who uses Whispering Ice means I have to restart the game after 1 map already.

Yeah, my earthquake build suffers more than my spectral throw buzzsaw too.

Still poking around, might try tweaking/removing Pulse to see if I can shed any light on it...
I doubt it's caused by pulseaudio. I'm running with plain ALSA and still experiencing the problem.
Yeah, I agree. My insane tanky Earthquake Juggernaut just got killed due to this lag, even with the sound off, so I don't think I can continue. There's no sign of fixes in 4+ months, so my hope that this is magically going to go away is now very low. I'll miss PoE, but I have other games that work properly....
I'm feeling the same as previous poster that I'm leaning to stop playing PoE until this issue has been fixed. Though I must admit that I'm not feeling optimistic about it.

I did visit WineHQ and found that the last poster posts[1] a workaround for the FPS drops and stuttering editing the ggpk file removing animations related to both health and mana pools. I haven't tested this myself yet since the project used the accomplish this is available for Windows only.

I wonder what GGG thinks about users making these modifications to the ggpk file.

This verifies that it's indeed related to the animations of health/mana.

[1]: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25078&iTestingId=93998
Last edited by Wicla on Jun 24, 2016, 2:39:25 PM
Out of interest, is anyone having the regen issues, not using an Nvidia GPU with proprietary drivers?
Last edited by Kellog on Jun 24, 2016, 8:09:17 PM
I e-mailed Chris, explaining the regen issues, linked him to the WineHQ stuff and some other things and this was his response.

"
Chris Wilson
7:39 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me
I'll talk to the team about it this week and will hopefully get a fix for you!

Cautiously optimistic about it, so hopefully we'll have some good news in the next week or two. :)
"
GamingRendo wrote:
I e-mailed Chris, explaining the regen issues, linked him to the WineHQ stuff and some other things and this was his response.

"
Chris Wilson
7:39 PM (12 minutes ago)

to me
I'll talk to the team about it this week and will hopefully get a fix for you!

Cautiously optimistic about it, so hopefully we'll have some good news in the next week or two. :)

Dammit, I've had 2 days of being productive, and now this :)

Good news, at least we know they're aware and potentially interested in fixing it. Good work GamingRendo!
Just tried 1.9.13 but it doesn't work for me. I get an error box entitled "Vertex Shader" with memory:21:25: error: syntax error, unexpected NEW_IDENTIFIER
Click <OK> then
The D3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released.
Click <OK> then
Failed creating Direct3D device objects.
Click <OK> then
DXUTCreateDevice failed
Click <OK> then crash. I hope someone can make sense of this. It looks like a bug with 1.9.13
Any have 1.9.13 working? Or tested 1.8.3 ?
Last edited by CookieTough2 on Jun 25, 2016, 1:28:51 PM
I'm using Wine Staging 1.9.13 and everything seems fine so far.

The error messages you're getting seem indicative of running full-screen, have you tried windowed-fullscreen?
Hm interesting developement, I wrote chris on reddit, linking the vid i made (page 152 of this thread i think) and he did not reply. Probably he gets way too many messages there.
ign:
quirx_rng_pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info