[Official] WINE info thread

--noasync seems to help with performance, although I'm not 100% certain it wasn't just a freshly restarted game. Worth a try at least.
"
databeaver wrote:
--noasync seems to help with performance, although I'm not 100% certain it wasn't just a freshly restarted game. Worth a try at least.

It improved my performance for a bit. After a little over an hour of play time, it becomes unplayable with constant freezes, stutter, etc.
"
GamingRendo wrote:
"
databeaver wrote:

It improved my performance for a bit. After a little over an hour of play time, it becomes unplayable with constant freezes, stutter, etc.

Yes, it seems to be time based. But its not a memory leak or anything else I can see on my system monitor.
I'll "third" that - I see fps dropping to unplayabe after 3-4 zones. In one case I did a map, zoned out to handle something elsewhere and came back to find the map (which had ben fine) almost unplayable... thanks goodness I'm playing a regen tank with 800/s regen right now ;)
I've been doing some testing, and it seems disabling the sound via the "-ns" switch removes the memory-leak-like issues for me. I've played 2 sessions of 4-6 hours each with no issues or restarts. I still have the regen fps spikes issue, but at least it's *vaguely* playable...
"
crashes with "Unable to create texture. 00D53AAC audio format unsupported"

I got round that by enabling GLSL (on configuration-display tab). If I disable that again I get the problem, enabling it means I can play. I have definitely low frame rate issues on my cheap laptop run Linux Mint, so I'm going to try the "-ns" = no sound flag and see if that helps at all. I can live without sound much more than I can live with 2-20fps.
Last edited by Kimchacka on Jun 17, 2016, 11:16:16 PM
I'm getting fairly regular crashes usually caused by a memory issue, and always just after loading a new map.

This has happened since the Prophecy update.
"
Blaiz0r wrote:
I'm getting fairly regular crashes usually caused by a memory issue, and always just after loading a new map.

This has happened since the Prophecy update.

Any error message or console output?
"
Gwmngilfen wrote:
I've been doing some testing, and it seems disabling the sound via the "-ns" switch removes the memory-leak-like issues for me. I've played 2 sessions of 4-6 hours each with no issues or restarts. I still have the regen fps spikes issue, but at least it's *vaguely* playable...

I take it back - it doesn;t resolve them, it just significantly reduces them. After a seriously long session over the weekend, the leaks were back whenever Earthquake impacted.

My best working theory now is that there is *some* kind of resource which is being exhausted, and having the audio enabled exhausts it much quicker - but I'm damned if I can figure out what it is. It doesn't seem to be memory, cpu, gpu, or temperature...
"
Gwmngilfen wrote:
"
Gwmngilfen wrote:

I take it back - it doesn;t resolve them, it just significantly reduces them. After a seriously long session over the weekend, the leaks were back whenever Earthquake impacted.

My best working theory now is that there is *some* kind of resource which is being exhausted, and having the audio enabled exhausts it much quicker - but I'm damned if I can figure out what it is. It doesn't seem to be memory, cpu, gpu, or temperature...

In addition to what you said, for me any kind of ground effects accelerate the process as well. Doesn't have to be map mods. Just playing with somebody who uses Whispering Ice means I have to restart the game after 1 map already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info