[Official] WINE info thread

R4KWSV

Yes this is the same problem for me, perfect performance outside of combat, but

drops to 1-10fps when in.

It 'feels' to me that it's to do with damage calculations. performance appears to get worse the later in the game I play, and the more modifiers myself and the mobs have, plus AoE effects.

Can anyone think of a half decent single target build? I'd be interested to run it to see how performance works.

Builds(skills) I've run so far that show this performance drop:

* Wild Strike
* Earthquake
* Blade Vortex
* Frost Blades
Last edited by Blaiz0r on Jul 10, 2016, 6:47:02 AM
the bug has already been determined to lower fps while modifying hp values.
try regenerating hp or hitting a lot of mobs at once (or even more fun, degenning a pack of mobs) and you'll get drops in framerate

also seems to only affect intel cpus
blaiz0r please post your setup
Last edited by lilypaad on Jun 8, 2016, 11:16:08 PM
"
the bug has already been determined to lower fps while modifying hp values.
try regenerating hp or hitting a lot of mobs at once (or even more fun, degenning a pack of mobs) and you'll get drops in framerate

also seems to only affect intel cpus
blaiz0r please post your setup

I have AMD CPU + nvidia GPU and it affects me as well. Looks exactly like in @quirx video.
I think it also lags when casting without hitting anything, it's just a shorter lag spike. So maybe it's mana-changes too. Maybe someone can test if it also happens if your skill doesn't cost any mana (via elreon rings or other mechs)?

Cause if it does NOT lag in that case, then it is related to graphics (drawing mana/hp balls...) but i doubt that. If it still lags it might be anything imo. I doubt that mana/hp calculations can lag the game that much, they should be computationally inexpensive.
ign:
quirx_rng_pls
"
quirx wrote:
I think it also lags when casting without hitting anything, it's just a shorter lag spike. So maybe it's mana-changes too. Maybe someone can test if it also happens if your skill doesn't cost any mana (via elreon rings or other mechs)?

Cause if it does NOT lag in that case, then it is related to graphics (drawing mana/hp balls...) but i doubt that. If it still lags it might be anything imo. I doubt that mana/hp calculations can lag the game that much, they should be computationally inexpensive.

it also happens with mana, tested with a 0 cost inceinerate and it didnt lag at all apart from the slight drop youd normally get from incinerate on a windows machine

also vodka you're the only person ive seen so far that reports those issues with an amd cpu so i guess it throws the intel theory out the window
I'm also AMD CPU + Nvidia GPU (FX 4*** forget what number CPU, 750ti GPU).
"
2fast4rabbit wrote:
Guys... i am f**king tired dying because of these silly lags... it's annoying a lot... waited so much this league and the game is a struggle now.... I don't care what it is... mana regen or life regen... or whatsoever... it's f**king lagging for a lot of people... Is it SOOOO hard to fix it? It worked perfectly a week ago... I don't need such PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS...

It actually didn't work "perfectly" a week ago for a lot of people. It was manageable a week ago, sure, but not perfectly. Many people have had issues since just before 2.2.

The 2nd version of --waitforpreload restores my performance to Perandus levels. It's still terrible with stutter, frame drops, freezes at times, but it's playable again solo.
Last edited by GamingRendo on Jun 9, 2016, 8:42:11 AM
I made another video showcasing the problem. Because I wanted to see for myself that it's really about the mana/hp calculations... How can something that computationally simple eat so many fps. :((
Recording was set to 48 fps and higher quality so one can "feel" it. At the cost of not exactly stable 60 fps (with vsync on).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy8Mb5l2YMU
ign:
quirx_rng_pls
Can someone help me? I'm having trouble with wine vcrun2015. I'm not sure how to copy the error message from the playonlinux shell, but it seems to be that it cant read a .png because its not finding libpng12.so.0

This should take you to a ss of the error message:
http://pasteboard.co/1AdrWXVL.png
Last edited by joseca on Jun 10, 2016, 1:13:25 PM
"
joseca wrote:
Can someone help me? I'm having trouble with wine vcrun2015. I'm not sure how to copy the error message from the playonlinux shell, but it seems to be that it cant read a .png because its not finding libpng12.so.0

This should take you to a ss of the error message:
http://pasteboard.co/1AdrWXVL.png

You need to install libpng. On Arch Linux it is available from AUR (1.2), on Ubuntu it seems that you just have to install libpng package (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libpng).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info