GGG, Make me want to play this game

Dear GGG,
I'm bored and have no objective in game.
What will you advice me?

I have a 85 lvl ranger, an average roll on her 6s5l Lioneye's bow, a Rat's nest, a tri-res +hp 1400 eva chest with 6s5l and 20% Goldwyrm on ambush, about 50 stash tabs and a couple of supporter badges on forum profile.
I don't want to play the game any longer.

==============

To learn why, let's consider a few directions where the game has to be be improved:

Vector 1: the character's stats.

Each subsequent upgrade becomes more and more expensive and harder to get, also it involves the risk of losing what one has now. I am at the point where the next upgrade (6-link chest or bow) is not worth the efforts. I just do not want to farm for 500 fuses to get a chance 6-link one of named items. So without a closer objective (5.25 link or something) or milestone (like a free revert to 5l if 6l didn't proc), there's no desire to invest here (Problems with RNG and trade)

Rolling divine orbs is even a greater risk: the better the item, the bigger the chance to lose both the orb and the not so bad roll that an item had had. Eternal orbs are too rare and expensive to mention them here.

Due to RNG nature of the crafting there's no way to estimate the expenses for sockets, links, explicit rolls, no upper barrier on price (i.e. 500th fuse orb would 6-link for 100%) That lack of guarantee demotivates from grinding for the 500 fusing orbs needed for finally 6-link the armor.

Vector 2: new content

- Atziri
I don't want to run though the corrupted areas of the world to find that sacrifice at midnight piece. If you put barriers in front of the new content, the most hardcore players will overcome those, but not sure aboout common ones.

- Corrupted areas
They need to be found in the world. A level 70+ character has really no reason to wander around areas of content that yields no rewards for them. Going there only to find the corruption with lowest chance to get the 4th (most rare) fragment, will that attract them?

- Maps
Ok, I've found a 76th academy map, alch-ed it, and got killed pretty fast by: (1) packs of elite evangelists (they had +23% attack speed from map and some dmg mods for being blue), (2) a rare aristotcrat who killed me with 0.1% of his own life, (3) got surrounded by a group of vaal fallen, who stun the character, tried to escape from them by clicking the a point on the ground away from them, and client started drawing the character run, but then server sent me an update: "no, you character got stunned and didn't run anywhere", death came in less than a second. Desync, as they call it.
I could try an easier map (white or blue one), without those pesky mods, but that would mean less loot, the only thing that can be obtained from there.

So, it turns out that I'll need a more tanky build to sustain more damage from those friends. That is find some different gear and respec up to 10 nodes from the passive tree. Oh, thank you, GGG, for creating some dead ends on the tree that work fine in early endgame and become not viable later.

Vector 3: Lack of objectives

There's really no use to repeatedly run the same maps over and over again. At the moment what we can have from maps is: experience and levels (if you don't get killed too frequently), some currency drops, rares and uniques: 98% rares seem to be useless, meaning that no player would buy them, and 90% of uniques are useless as well. This is how the game becomes boring.

We have no garnison to build, no reputations to farm and no farms to grow. Just nothing that can be improved step by step for some longer term results.

Vector 4: Dumb ways to die

Some deaths occur without player being aware that they would die soon.

1. Corrupting blood. A ranger with split arrow + chain will get several stacks of corrupting blood from a single shot. While player's attention is drawn to the group of monsters at the top-right corner, the life starts to decrease rapidly - player cannot (1) notice the debuffs they were given and then (2) understand that they have to stop attacking the monster and urgently take a flask with 'removes bleeding' mod if there are too many stacks. Not sure if a player would discover that solution in game.

2. Poison clouds (that dead zombies release) - on some maps they have the same color as the maps' background (I mean lvl 69 spider forest map, lvl 73 dark forest), that a player may be unaware that they are inside a cloud, because life decreases and no notice is given. (like a coughing sound to inform the player that something is wrong). On the other hand, maps like dunes (66) or gorge (74) have a contrast background and player is able to see that they are standing in wrong place relatively fast. So, make these clouds pink or magenta (contrasting with every tileset) and add some sound feedback.

3. Desync. Enough has been said about that. It was funny to see my character run one path and the lightning ring a shrine gave me move in a different route. But, you have to fix it and let players who don't have programmable keyboards (like logitech G510) bind the "/oos" on a single button.

Vector 5: UI and performance

I don't like to play in parties because the whole screen becomes crowded with minions, or it constantly shakes because someone else is making a lot of crits with their spectral throw + GMP + that microtransaction visual effect... apart from monsters becoming tougher.

Add already all those things people need so much to the UI (item level, oos and remaining monsters) and a clock to see how much time I have to play.

Vector 6: Searching for the last alien.

When playing on a map you don't know who will drop a map, so one will try to kill every monster. At certain times, when a boss is already found and beheaded, it can take a lot of time to find all remaining monsters and kill them.
Make there a bell, found on remains that can be used to call all monsters from the map to the boss room. Won't be a problem if there are a few remaining, but if there remain some 50, they get buffed and all attack at once!
Why is there no reward for fully-clearing a map? There's only an achievement at the first completion.

Vector 7: Clouds of white items.

Responding to a similar complaint you've removed iiq affixes and nerfed uniques. You made it wrong. The problem is people carry away from the maps only yellow items, 6 socket ones, 5-linked or ones that can be traded for a chromatic orb. The rest of items remains there on the ground.
So, you know what to do: since people don't take those whites, don't drop them at all, ... or drop gold instead of most useless whites... oh, wait, we don't have gold... then shards of minor orbs.

Vector 8: Trade

People are just flooding the channels with multi-line messages "WTB alch 3:1, fus 5:2, ex 1:35" surrounded with some special characters to take up most space.
Please add a currency exchange place to remove those annoying sellers.
Last edited by coyl on Apr 21, 2014, 4:17:04 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This happens when you wanna make "true successor" without runewords.
▄█▀█▀█
"
_Madus wrote:
This happens when you wanna make "true successor" without runewords.

+1

where are the rune words at
best loot ive gotten comes from 66-68 map I clear when im bored... And ive gotten pretty solid rare out of them. 10ex worth rare karui maul and a 3ex worth amulet. Not to mention the couple BoR and alpha/crown of eye ive chance. You don't have to run the highest possible map for loot. JUst go run piety /dominus. Your not supposed to be able to run everything just because you want to.

No guarantee on crafting...yeah obviously. If everyone knew the exact cost to fuse or craft then there would be no incentive to sell anything anymore. People would just grind their ass off and get what they wanted.Its obviously a good thing that you don't know when the hell it will go 6l. Personnaly I like wasting my fusing on random stuff ans hope it turns 6l for awesome profit. I prolly wasted more on trying to 6l then actually what it cost to buy one but hey..some people I know got 6l in less then 30fusing. Its all about luck. Those are good way for noobs to get rich if they get lucky. Just like orb of chance.
Last edited by Deadbringer on Apr 21, 2014, 9:06:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info