I want the old, tougher Rogues back

"
Won't even bother to read the thread; just check OP profile and it says everything.

Only plays Scrubbush/Scrubcore. Of course you want the oneshotty exiles back cos you have nothing to lose.

Nothing to see here, just another scrublord wanting attention.

I'm 84 on invasion and i want them like before, also i absolutely don't want the huge nerf to invasion bosses coming with 1.1.3

Some people enjoy challenging content

"
Mahesys wrote:
Some people enjoy challenging content

just fought Kamaq in white 68 (curse immune)

5000 HP
13383A
85% lightning

took only 4 portals

maybe there is some obvious strat I oversee, but he is pretty much the definition of overtuned
"
Won't even bother to read the thread; just check OP profile and it says everything.

Only plays Scrubbush/Scrubcore. Of course you want the oneshotty exiles back cos you have nothing to lose.

Nothing to see here, just another scrublord wanting attention.

Your post reminded me of something that i wish people would do - Title the thread "SC","HC" or "G" for general.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
Of course you want the oneshotty exiles back cos you have nothing to lose.
I zealously protect every 10% of a level I gain, I'll have you know.

Zealously.

If you play Softcore and you are on a strict death-aversion protocol, viewing death as unacceptable, how different is that from Hardcore play, until and unless you screw up?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 22, 2014, 7:07:19 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"

Zealously.

If you play Softcore and you are on a strict death-aversion protocol, viewing death as unacceptable, how different is that from Hardcore play, until and unless you screw up?

Playing SC and never dying is not the same as HC unless you've never partied and have never traded for items, because you're still accruing benefits from others who have died. This is the reason HC is done in leagues and not simply flags or achievements on characters. I'm not going to get into the HC vs. SC shitflinging here, but saying that there's no difference is objectively false.

Yes, the rogue exile health nerf was a little extreme, but I do think some reduction in defense was warranted (as with the upcoming Invader defense nerf). The reduction in damage to Vaal Burning Arrow was absolutely necessary. If you don't think so, you didn't get shotgunned by it.
"
Uvne wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"

Zealously.

Playing SC and never dying is not the same as HC unless you've never partied and have never traded for items, because you're still accruing benefits from others who have died.
Okay. Fair enough.

But I haven't done that much trading. One specific build-enabling unique; technically two, but I've self-found one of them in the meantime, so at this point I'd have it without trading.

Perhaps more to the point, it doesn't mean I think rogues should be one-shotting motherfuckers left and right. I think they should be challenging, but doable. They were before. They're not as challenging now.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Which no doubt you pointed out due to how utterly rare of an occurrence such a thing would be. Sure, that can happen, but it virtually never does.

Not true, its pretty common. I just decided at that time to make a post about it. Its also common to get one or two rares. With such a hard fight that can likely kill you these kinds of drops don't make sense. I have argued the same thing about map bosses.

"
and I simply don't believe you if you say you haven't had roughly the same experience.

Believe what you want. I routinely get 0-2 rares from rogues.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Which no doubt you pointed out due to how utterly rare of an occurrence such a thing would be. Sure, that can happen, but it virtually never does.

Not true, its pretty common. I just decided at that time to make a post about it. Its also common to get one or two rares. With such a hard fight that can likely kill you these kinds of drops don't make sense. I have argued the same thing about map bosses.

"
and I simply don't believe you if you say you haven't had roughly the same experience.

I have to agree with you. I never felt the drops were worth the risk and some of the rogues I found extremely challenging before Vaal skills and downright impossible when they could spam them. Maybe the nerf did go a tad too far but I don't think it was so bad to require an immediate re-buff.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

"

I was killing most of them with ease with a MF summoner build and while I've had them drop no rares at times, I've had them drop a dozen at times also... the problem I have with them is a little different then the number of drops

They can drop a thousand rares and chances are not a single one would be better then vendor trash... I've pawned enough of the crap off onto the npcs that I cannot even imagine the size of the landfill they would create...

Same with invasion bosses, act bosses, map bosses, etc.... I'm just as likely to get that good drop kicking barrels all day as I am fighting rogues and invasion bosses all day.....
Last edited by Jiero on Apr 23, 2014, 12:22:32 AM
"
Jiero wrote:
Same with invasion bosses, act bosses, map bosses, etc.... I'm just as likely to get that good drop kicking barrels all day as I am fighting rogues and invasion bosses all day.....
I'm hoping that with Strongboxes GGG can seize the opportunity and remove chests and barrels from the game entirely. At least as far as loot is concerned. Want loot? Kill something.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 22, 2014, 9:52:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info