Bring back the old Gound Slam animation

GGG you really should have kept the old ground slam animation and put the new one up for sale on the micro transactions. I personally like the original, but I would have liked to purchase the new one for another character. Now I'm stuck with the new one. :/ What were you thinking?
Last bumped on May 7, 2017, 3:02:50 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This was discussed at various levels. I argued that the mtxes for skills typically transform that skill visually beyond their usual description. Flying dragons, grasping hands, demon claws. That sort of thing.

Ground slam is still a ground slam and the spikes, well, maybe they're what might happen if you slam the ground *really* hard in a magical way. Who knows.

Either way -- just because a revised skill animation is as good as an mtx doesn't mean it has to be one. GGG were clearly unsatisfied with the old Ground Slam animation and I think it's cool they gave a new one to people free to charge.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Hopefully they introduce some ground slam mtx's to give us some options. I don't really feel like the new visuals suite the base animation for ground slam. I'd prefer it have more of a rocky, earth quake type animation. The spikes feel arbitrary to me.
I supported for mtx. I also like the earthquake appearance more myself. To each his own, but I still want the blood slam animation, even if it looks goofy under high attack speed
just like most anthing in this game - new animation looks absurd with 3aps+

there is a reason most games have hard/soft caps on attack speed - because seeing a man with mace bigger than himself doing 20 slams per second does not create that mature/respect feeling. it just looks silly

please, tone the spikes down, texturize them, there is no need for another lag-inducing 3d object
Honestly I really hate the way the new animation looks.
I don't use Ground Slam on any of my characters, but I do see map version of Brutus and Kole using it (you can now see spikes coming up from the ground), and I definitely like the change from my perspective. I'm not sure why players wouldn't either; it's much easier now to tell what spots your hitting and which you aren't.

This thread puzzles me, because I can't imagine how one would like the old, inaccurate, low-tech animation. Apparently, however, some people do. Strange.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I don't use Ground Slam on any of my characters, but I do see map version of Brutus and Kole using it (you can now see spikes coming up from the ground), and I definitely like the change from my perspective. I'm not sure why players wouldn't either; it's much easier now to tell what spots your hitting and which you aren't.

This thread puzzles me, because I can't imagine how one would like the old, inaccurate, low-tech animation. Apparently, however, some people do. Strange.

From what I can tell... issues with the rendering of some effects and incompatibility with certain drivers can force some effects to be cpu rendered instead of gpu rendered and when it does that there is of course a massive corresponding fps drops as a result. For an example I had a slightly older card in one of my desktops that can run almost everything really well but for some reason (a issue with the game making a resource call the driver didn't like?) would not render water effects or rain on the gpu. It would force those effects onto the cpu and my fps would tank from in the 40s down to 7. Assuming of course that its not another fillrate bottle neck issue of course....
Last edited by Jiero on Apr 21, 2014, 3:01:38 AM
I disagree completely. I hated using groundslam since I had no idea of how far the AoE reached. I also disliked facing the GS exile on my more delicate characters. He would always hit me although the animation was no where near my character.

The groundslam animation needed an update badly. Some fissure alternative would be nice but the old one is not the solution.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Though it is easier to see I prefer the aesthetic of the old ground slam on brutus and kole. It was more dark and sinister having such a powerful attack come from a horror movie esque wave of dark energy emanating from the boss. Dorky I know lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info