Best post i have read since i joined POE

You mean that player who wrote the comment is a troll?

That guy is a genius.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/076/7/0/trafalgar_law___room__by_niklaswirths-d5ycuxx.jpg
Last edited by DonTrafalgarLaw on Apr 20, 2014, 8:22:10 PM
i read the whole thing and i agree 100%
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:
Jaydemir account probated for a 6+ month old posting those aren't quality postings.

Uhm, no. I switched accounts because I am racing on this one. :P

Also, that 'retroactive' probation of another player you brought up in another thread? That was awful. I sent an email to Support asking them not to probate people based on behaviour *before* the guidelines were put into place. Times have changed. You know this as well as I.

We have enough trolls in this thread. I firmly believe you don't want to be another. Right?

That explains a bit.
I was used that you used that account for regular postings and Jaydemir had several grey area postings.

Well I pm the probated users when I see them getting probated for ancient postings the reaction is usually like this one(I could be probated for your naming and shaming thread back from CB for example)

Others are more offensive towards support.

On the other side LygarZero is a genuine troll necromancing old threads with offensive content just to get users probated.

Also either your mail got trashcanned or they responded you some copypasta with "flow of the forum matters" because I saw somebody getting probated for an old posting 2 days ago.

Troll me? Nah I am an intellectual parasite only satisfied once the devs admit they are destroying their own game and it turned into a failure(It will be rather a posting like "It has been great x years .....") focusing on issues they can't solve like poor coding, false pride(well 4 day probation for hateful posting alongside with "wasting money" cause somebody couldn't find a proper reason), no game integrity(naming and shaming probations), poor support(retro probations "Hey we want Hilbert to shut up let's probate him for naming and shaming he did in the Naming and Shaming thread and also probate Charan for creating this thread ;) )

Do you really think there is any hope left?
I think my opinion on the balance devs says all.
When I code for testing let's say 8h I spend 6h coding, commenting out some builds and test builds for 2h.
This "look we made a tiny change in 2 weeks" or throwing untested/unfinished/last second stuff into the game isn't testing.

Do you really believe we will be able to change tables in private leagues?The devs being in silent on several matters indicate that they are against it.
We will get some buttons HC/SC Solo/Party and that's a private league.
I will just laugh at the next mini expansion, where Chris proudly posts:"we removed corrupted zones from all leagues they won't spawn anymore but might return later"
oops
"
The only thing limiting the ability to manually avoid dmg is desync. The design is fine imo, at no point should we be able to face roll end-game content and the design ensures that.

I dont see in the post any suggestion as to a different design that can effectively threaten players.

The problem here is that Desync IS a (technical) design issue. The way they implemented the communication between server and host (no calculation is donehost-side, ever) in order to avoid cheaters screws most of the legit players. Sure, this may be harmless most of the time, but I personally have lost count of how many times I thought I was in the clear, only to be whisked back into danger a second later.this happens usually on strongboxes, but I maaged to die to Vaal Smash while I was halfway across the screen from the Oversoul.
I agree with the overall point that one-shot mechanics are bad, especially with their prevalence in POE.

I disagree with basically all the "reasoning" that led OP to this conclusion.
Spoiler

No, Hilbert, I don't think there's any hope.

I have moved my responding to the original post by Weekend Gamer, which deserves its own thread but at the very least I won't respond to DonTrafalgaw's piggybacking.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info