Curious about how people find decent items.

I haven't played much in the last few weeks due to the game getting boring at end game.

I have leveled about 4 characters now, one to 84 before I stop being active on invasion.

I can't seem to find any decent items, the end game is tedious like before on nemesis.

There is no progression in items.

The flip side is I actually have a decent amount of magic find (220) and doing level 70+ maps.

After a decent period of grinding maps to 84, I finally concluded that the enjoyment of poe end game is non-existent for myself.

I found about 2 ex during my time since beta.

I don't understand how people can obtain 50+ ex without RMT, and massive 24/7 chat spam/ trading/ being online constantly.

This has nothing to do with being good or bad at the game. (I play only hardcore)

Do you guys share similar views or have better luck?

Waiting for new league now.
If you are level 84 and doing 70+ maps then you already have decent items.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"

This.

Also, play more. And yes, trade a LOT.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"

+1.

What the hell people expect when they reach such levels.
Most likely you already have good gear and searching for top rolls or whatever.

My 56 yo bridge teacher has legitimate 26 exa by flipping currency.He loves the trade game.i dont.

But in the other hand,one super rare unique drop and you are insta-rich
Bye bye desync!
"
I don't understand how people can obtain 50+ ex without RMT, and massive 24/7 chat spam/ trading/ being online constantly.

As someone who barely traded this league but has made 50+ exas..

- You always use the 2 chaos recipe. There is no reason not to. You can alch rings/ammys afterwards if you want and you're still making a considerable profit.
- Farming piety is very profitable with a MF partner or a running partner. You make tons of chaos off the recipe and many alterations(2+ exa per hour with a partner). If you get lucky with rares/unis that's nice too but I never depend on that.
- I made a huge profit off chancing a windripper.. Not really something you can depend on but I never trade away my chances. If you're like me then I recommend you chance glorious plates/imperial bows/spine bows.
- You will definitely get decent uniques with time. I managed to make 13 exas in 12 hours at some point after I posted a bunch of unis I found throughout the week.
- Smart crafting sometimes works. I made lots of profit from 5 linking a few items. I don't think this is too reliable but it worked for me.

I barely did piety this league so I acknowledge I was a bit lucky. You can always counter badluck with more piety/dominus runs since that 2 chaos recipe will add up quickly.

As for items I found tons of great items .. This mostly happens when you can speedrun low maps in 5 minutes due to your build completely dominating at 85+. I found playing that character even better than running with my MF summoner due to sheer clearspeed.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 20, 2014, 6:49:23 PM
You've traded for items that are better than you're likely to ever find. That's why you traded for them. Now you complain that you can't find better. The problem is you... not the game.

Learn to play self-found. I still find all sorts of things worth using.
They are RMTing...

Do you really believe players find perfect sets for characters?
"
Hilbert wrote:
They are RMTing...

Do you really believe players find perfect sets for characters?

Yes, because paying real money for everything to be reset in a few months is stupid.
"
CantripN wrote:
"

This.

Also, play more. And yes, trade a LOT.

Then PoE fails just as the original D3 did as huge grind time for minimal chance to find better gear sucks here just as much as it sucked in D3.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
FLIP FLIP FLIP!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info