Advice on a frenzy discharger?

I've got a couple of free full respecs on standard league, so I was thinking of trying to create a cold-based discharger.

A passive tree I've come up with is:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAv4EswW1DH0M8g-rEH8UTRcvGYUZihpsGo8a2yP2JKomlSj6KaUtqDY9Nuk8BT7PQsNG10p9TipRR1M1VUtV1lb6WhpaSFuvXcZk52egaHRtbG17b56ApILHgwmDOId2i4yMNo19jb-UoJu1na6f36IApcunCKp_qrixkLQ4tQS1SLZBt9a4k73mwzrGnspK1U_YTdpi21ndDd5334Thc-Nq5CLlGed06-7tIO4O73zv8PAf89322vlj-ej60vsJ-_X8xQ==

The idea I have in my head is to generate charges with frenzy+faster attacks (maybe more links..?), followed by the self-cast discharge. I'd be using a spell damage wand, if it seemed too slow to generate the frenzy charges, I might use quill rain on switch for the frenzying.

For discharge I'm thinking discharge + conc effect + inc aoe + cold pen + life leech.

I happen to have these boots available to me, so I thought I'd use these to generate frenzy charges directly from the discharge.

Due to the life regen on these boots, I could potentially use blood rage as well to ensure constant frenzy charge up-time.

Since I'm playing softcore, I'm not too concerned about being a little low on defence, as long as it's still enjoyable to play. That being said, I'm wondering if I can avoid going vaal pact to deal with reflect, instead using Saffell's frame shield, elemental adaptation from the passive tree, purity of fire, and the chugging of a sapphire flask before discharging. I'm not sure if this is viable though - what are your guys' opinion of this?

I chose the passive nodes with the ability to run multiple auras in mind, but aside from purity of ice to help with reflect, I'm not sure what would be best. I'm imagining that I might be able to get away without clarity, since discharge (hopefully) doesn't spammed so quickly that a mana flask won't be sufficient. After purity of ice, I'm thinking perhaps determination,(plus grace if there's reservation space), since I can't block physical attacks with saffells.

Does this have a chance of working? Any feedback would be great!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info