Some One-shots

The point is that armor reduces the initial damage and puncture dot is related with it. Mahesys wrote about it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Apr 20, 2014, 4:20:04 PM
"
I doubt anything but a legacy Kaom's heart marauder with 7 bn hp would be able to survive him.

It's hilarious that you think that. Typical builds are not even afraid of that boss in double damage maps. I have never considered him a serious threat. I even vaal cyclone him with a non block build.

Learn his mechanics, he will AoE you down if you surround yourself with totems/minions but if you simply stand your ground you can dispose of him with no issues(even in vuln + added lightning maps or minus max + deadly..etc).

You simply don't move against puncture if you have no armor. Even a normal enemy's puncture will hurt at that point.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 20, 2014, 4:34:15 PM
"
using desecrate + flesh offering to lead your minions where you want.

I very much do that. I spam desecrate + flesh offering.
Sadly, (you know spider lair layout), the boss chamber is located after a very tight passage, not really allowing your zombies to fit through. As soon as I got my vaal summon skeletons in there, he went down really quickly.
And then, leapers like to ignore zombies and leap at you. And even though my granite flask grants me 16k armor, I find it unlikely that it refills before a new group of leapers attacks you.
"
my summon is 4.9k life btw

Nope, Ambush. I never play hardcore. And such high numbers of life seem unobtainable for me, I would need to sacrifice so much resistances on my gear... And now please don't bring up trading, I absolutely know I'll be ripped off to oblivion. Maybe that's where my problem's at. Not really wanting to lurk in trade chat for hours.

Yes, I might have exaggerated a bit, it might have been one second. Still, far too quickly to react if your brain is slowly going afk after hours of grinding maps. I might also have been mad by mahesys' patronizing tone.
Now that I think of it, I might have hit the point where I need to reroll. Grinding maps to be able to grind more maps, and maybe, just maybe, even try to find me an upgrade. Seems futile.
Too bad my summoner is the only build I ever managed to get to merciless.
Maybe I should take a break from this game...
Maybe I should buy a boat...
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
I dunno.
Maybe I'll give Diablo 3 a try, after all.
100 euros for a game that I might like does seem rich, though.
I see you use lots of health gear, that would explain the high hp...
Then, here's my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTa9t9GOyKwFR5Awj0MYgQdA5cRX5tGcHzoqN_xiepWm0kPKdcSVERlhzckye_l8k98h7cVx6UrD9-WYIeTC0XUAD9FLCsmPfXm6FI59DQz2VVxhZvj0anCBVQ2t2drhpspqyIQJAzGYUkqjbp42q4k-vueqqa4EWdKPqCx9P7E2wGSWqs-ejZCyqY-oBwu9kTL2_60hcvZOdV1oCkJLCG0ah9WpHMvBCXRARNuarEhWDxdjLR8910VXzO6-RfKuwYj_pJOzZ7tKM=

, or at least, I run a slight variation of this. Works quite well most of the time, I died less than 10 times because of my careful stile of playing, and I would take CI, if ever RNGsus would be nice enough to drop the necessary loot.

I actually play quite a lot, but the determination to grind hours on end, while having to stay concentrated to not be gibbed by some wimpy-ass trash mob, maybe I actually am too casual for that one.

@kasub
Yeah, don't surround myself by minions, that won't work, I'm a summoner, I kind of rely on my minions to do the dirty work, ya know?
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
I've played a summoner. If you're struggling with bosses then use vaal skeletons, it's extremely good at low gear levels. It can even take down topend 76+ bosses.

I linked it to multistrike + faster attacks + minion damage since I supported it with my auras. As a summoner it will kill bosses in 10-15 seconds.

It's one of the best vaal skills for both control and damage.

This is my summoner tree http://tinyurl.com/l2eq79j

It's pretty similiar to yours I guess(I use EB). The biggest recommendation I can make is that you go through the ES circle at the middle. It will save you tons of points. If you really need mana then the scion mana nodes are far more efficient per point(than deep wisdom).
Last edited by kasub on Apr 20, 2014, 6:04:31 PM
Trust me, I understand what you mean about super high life numbers. I didn't understand how to stack my life until recently. I play a level 80 bow witch in invasion right now and she has 5151 life and about 7k armor with grace. I also have 2.5% regen. It all depends on the build, certainly. But to get more life you definitely need life on as many slots of gear as you can with high increased life from the tree. I have 256% on my character along with 140 strength to buffer my hp.

Also, the idea for audiovisual indication before devourers pop up is a PHENOMENAL idea. Not necessarily because I hate devourer mobs (though they scare me and are very threatening), but because one of the most powerful invasion bosses is a devourer: Kamaq soilmaker. No one can prepare for the fight because we have no idea where he spawns and if he will in a nature area unless we see another boss. This boss made me chug all my flasks and still remain at low heath the second he popped up. I nearly died and that would not have been something I could prepare myself for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info