Some One-shots

Well, technically, these weren't one-shots, but death came so quickly there was no time to react.

1. Arachnid Lair boss, Lord of the Bow
I currently run a 2884 hp, 2100 es summoner, and he killed 4 of my quality 20, lvl 17, minion life linked, lvl 17 determination, lvl 18 discipline buffed, queen's decree'd zombies in half a second, and my buddy (slightly higher stats) was absolutely murdered in also less than a second by bleeding. Map mods were quite easy, no added damage or curse on player. I doubt anything but a legacy Kaom's heart marauder with 7 bn hp would be able to survive him. Suggestion: take away or lower bleeding damage considerably.

2. Croaking Chimerals, Devourers, Flying Goats, Fetid Maws
Yeah, a single one is no problem, but if 6 of 'em leap on you at the same time, with their hyperspeed and guaranteed hit, you are dead. I also saw some jumping me, and I got the damage as soon as they leaped, not when they landed. Same goes for goats reentering our atmosphere, fetid maws, and devourers, who may not leap, but pop out of the ground killing you no matter where you are. Seriously. Devourers are one of the worst enemy. Suggestion: make them leap one after another, or some of them not at all, or anything. Give devourers an audiovisual warning before they pop out of the ground, or reduce the damage they deal.

And just to state my opinion: mobs who aren't a major PITA to fight are not detrimental to my gaming experience. And sadly, the entire third act is populated by these mobs. Gear checks are cheap methods to kill the player, and there is no fun or challenge at all in dying due to broken mechanics and having to regrind hours worth of xp. You know my stance on current xp penalities if you've read my last thread (A few things which might need overthinking).

Thanks for reading, GGG (maybe?)
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
1. Yes, this boss may puncture hard. That is probably the only way he can kill a player. Just pay attention to his puncture, in all other aspects he's quite easy and balanced.

2. All of the creatures you described are simply counter to low armor, low damage avoidance builds. Such as yours.
Though you got a point about devourers/chimerals. They were designed with a lot of hate, with poor sporkers in mind. These mobs are not just a counter to casters/ranged, they are nasty and a bit OP. Both really have to be fixed : devourers have to expose themselves by some mark on the ground, where they hide; chimerals need CD on leap and damage of AB nerfed.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
We came around the corner, and there was no warning, just him standing there, we had no idea what Lord of the Arrow was about.
dead.
Then, counter to low armour?
Why?
Must hypertank be the only viable build?
And believe me, I've played a tank marauder before. leapers were still a big problem. A really big one.
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
"
Well, technically, these weren't one-shots, but death came so quickly there was no time to react.

1. Arachnid Lair boss, Lord of the Bow
I currently run a 2884 hp, 2100 es summoner, and he killed 4 of my quality 20, lvl 17, minion life linked, lvl 17 determination, lvl 18 discipline buffed, queen's decree'd zombies in half a second, and my buddy (slightly higher stats) was absolutely murdered in also less than a second by bleeding. Map mods were quite easy, no added damage or curse on player. I doubt anything but a legacy Kaom's heart marauder with 7 bn hp would be able to survive him. Suggestion: take away or lower bleeding damage considerably.

2. Croaking Chimerals, Devourers, Flying Goats, Fetid Maws
Yeah, a single one is no problem, but if 6 of 'em leap on you at the same time, with their hyperspeed and guaranteed hit, you are dead. I also saw some jumping me, and I got the damage as soon as they leaped, not when they landed. Same goes for goats reentering our atmosphere, fetid maws, and devourers, who may not leap, but pop out of the ground killing you no matter where you are. Seriously. Devourers are one of the worst enemy. Suggestion: make them leap one after another, or some of them not at all, or anything. Give devourers an audiovisual warning before they pop out of the ground, or reduce the damage they deal.

And just to state my opinion: mobs who aren't a major PITA to fight are not detrimental to my gaming experience. And sadly, the entire third act is populated by these mobs. Gear checks are cheap methods to kill the player, and there is no fun or challenge at all in dying due to broken mechanics and having to regrind hours worth of xp. You know my stance on current xp penalities if you've read my last thread (A few things which might need overthinking).

Thanks for reading, GGG (maybe?)

Ehm

What is your armor? do you even have a granite flask?
"
We came around the corner, and there was no warning, just him standing there, we had no idea what Lord of the Arrow was about.
dead.
Then, counter to low armour?
Why?
Must hypertank be the only viable build?
And believe me, I've played a tank marauder before. leapers were still a big problem. A really big one.

Hypertank no, but yur build seems too squishy. You should have a granite flask to counter those mobs. You said you had determination right? with a granite alone your armor could reach 7k, which is more than sufficet to survive both monsters AND lord of the bow puncture, since it's physical

To me, these problems are a l2p issue
Not that much armor, and no, no granite flask.
But if you can react that quickly, you should become a racing driver.
Again: why is armor the only viable option?
"

Yeah, great. too bad you can only learn if it's already too late.
Besides, as far as I know, DOT is not affected by armor.
"
"

Yeah, great. too bad you can only learn if it's already too late.
Besides, as far as I know, DOT is not affected by armor.

Before losing all your credibility, go read on what is based DOT of puncture here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Puncture

its DOT is 10% of physical damage inflicted while standing and increases while moving. With a granite flask up you will reduce the puncture hit, thus reducing the bleeding damage

Not to mention that those exists too:

You're for sure a new player since you don't know basic mechanics. And using a granite in some circumstances doesn't require inhuman reflexes at all Just pop it before the mobs and bosses are going to hit you and voilà, more than 4 seconds of 8k+ armor.

I'm 100% sure that you and your friend wouldn't die if both of you used a granite flask. Now choose: keep dying all the time to physical mobs or buy a granite for 1 fusing and survive.

Last edited by Mahesys on Apr 20, 2014, 2:21:12 PM
Ok, dude.
"
You're for sure a new player since you don't know basic mechanics.

I'm playing this game for more than two f*cking years.
I am not a new player.
Removes bleeding are fine, but what part didn't you understand about "DEAD IN HALF A SECOND". Human reaction time is at least 0.5s, up to 2s while grinding maps.
So thanks for the info. Thanks for letting me know that puncture is determined by the damage of the first hit.
And of course I should have known that this map has such a beast as boss.
Besides, I see you have a hardcore character.
As a hardcore character, of course you are going to read everything about the game in advance.
That makes you a small percentage Of the playerbase.
Furthermore, lookie here:
Last edited by Obliviongamer91 on Apr 20, 2014, 2:39:26 PM
"
DEAD IN HALF A SECOND"

You are exaggerating a bit, but nvm he really punctures bad. If unlucky to be crit, it makes it worse.
Your friend didn't pay enough attention and didn't remove bleeding. When fighting this boss puncture is the only trouble. Remove it and he's a joke :)
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info