A Tanky/Crit Marauder build. Advices?

Hello there. First post around. :)

I'm currently lvl 64 and I'm running with this build here. I'm not yet at 110 pts of course, but I've got almost all covered, exept a few little block chances and armor there and there in the nods.

Passive skill tree build

I'll be running with a 31% block shield, with the bringer of rain. With 7 Endurance charges (took one from the Oak guy).

My bringer of rain is corrupted with a white socket, which is awesome.

I'll be using two sets of "When damaged", to spawn a decoy and a healing totem, as well as warlord's cry, enduring cry and Molten Shell.

I'll be running with Tempest Shield and that cold aura which gives you cold damage, linked with a reduce mana.

For the skills, I plan on keeping Heavy strike in my bringer of rain with three DPS jewels (Multistrike, Added fire damage, and added critical probably).

In another slot I'll use Ground slam + Multistrike + stun on melee hit, to proc my endurance charges when I need them quick.

I don't run out of mana, as I use a manaleech amulet.

Did I miss something, is there something I could modify a bit to make it more effective? It's my first character.

I'd like to keep the 'Style' though, as in, focusing with my shield, and crits for offensive.

Thanks. :)
You missed Accuracy. If you want crit, you need Accuracy.
You have no Dex on your tree, and I doubt you have several good +400Acc Items if this is your first character.

DpS wise, this will suck once you start to hit nothing but air.

---

Your tree is ok...ish, imho the little regen nodes (the 0.4% ones) are a waste of 5 skillpoints.

---

You don't have much life.

---

You didn't take any weapon specific node. What are you hitting them with?

Crit is worth it if and only if you get a weapon with high base crit chance.
This is a dagger, a claw or a sceptre.
They need an additional crit affix. And good DpS, of course.

Otherwise, you'll be sitting at like 25% crit chance... In that case, I'd simply skip crit and go Resolute Technique.

I'm using 90% more crit chance than you atm, with this weapon:

Still only slightly above 40% crit chance.
If you don't get to at least 40%, I'd just not take Crit.

---

I elaborated a bit on crit in a Marauder guide, this is CI however.
You can find it in my signature.

---

As long as you don't have the double totem passive, your idea of using two totems is kinda not working at all. ;)

---

I'd seriously consider using "melee splash" on heavy strike. Or is your 4L groundslam enough to sustain?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 20, 2014, 11:21:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info