there's any better game than POE in the world?

Played EE, but not for long, didn't quite get the feel.
Oh and I've forgot to mention Sins of a Solar Empire, the ultimate space RTS.

Nah, PoE is the one who fails on the variety part (That's especially seen in lower tier mappers and the top tier ones).
The variety in PoE is a forced one through map drops and the whole gated content, while in D3, you can play whatever tileset you want on whatever difficulty.
Example: I don't do bounties in Caldeum.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 22, 2014, 4:37:58 PM
well poe you can reroll several character and always see a steady progression due to currency drops , i have played poe for a very long time now and i don't find it directly repetitive .

That is mostly due to i enjoy rerolling new characters , and the new challenge leagues always bring me something fun.

D3 RoS got repetetive due to the drops are so insane , i reached a limit where its almost impossible to improve my gear , if i would continue i would wait for Ice climbers , more of the 3 wizard sets or upgrades to my prior uniques , crafting for minor upgrades in stats can also be done .

As it seems like duplicates of uniques you wear don't drop (havent seen 1 such example between all my friends during this period), that means that the odds of getting an upgrade is astronomical .

D3's combat flows very well , but as upgrades are impossible to come by , no trades can be done , and with such insane bis uniques .

for my build , i can't switch out any uniques except the belt or a set for another set , which well makes it kinda boring.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/khemintiri-1353/hero/38096

So no , Poe is nothing like diablo 3 Ros , it is a game you can play for hours an end, But diablo 3 Ros is a very fun experience to be had with friends until you reach that cap .

Ofcourse this is but my opinion , and if you are a person who don't have much time and want a lootfest everytime you play i would recommend D3 any day of the week.
Some of the best stories still go back to the old Final Fantasy games, but I don't think that's what you're looking for. Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition is seeming to be rather fun. I also play Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2. And Portal 2. And I'm not a Valve fanboy. -.-
Last edited by lumisphere902 on Apr 22, 2014, 9:52:52 PM
yeah endgame map grind's lame, but d3 is lame grind from the get go

poe does get repetitive after a while, but all games do eventually. making new builds is fun, but eventually you realize no matter what build you do...most of them boil down to just holding down one button 99.9999% of the time. not really a whole lot of gameplay past the theorycrafting and calculations...which is a shame

then eventually you get to the point where you know the game so well, you don't even end up making the builds you craft, cuz you already know exactly how it'll play out
"
khemintiri wrote:
Spoiler
well poe you can reroll several character and always see a steady progression due to currency drops , i have played poe for a very long time now and i don't find it directly repetitive .

That is mostly due to i enjoy rerolling new characters , and the new challenge leagues always bring me something fun.

D3 RoS got repetetive due to the drops are so insane , i reached a limit where its almost impossible to improve my gear , if i would continue i would wait for Ice climbers , more of the 3 wizard sets or upgrades to my prior uniques , crafting for minor upgrades in stats can also be done .

As it seems like duplicates of uniques you wear don't drop (havent seen 1 such example between all my friends during this period), that means that the odds of getting an upgrade is astronomical .

D3's combat flows very well , but as upgrades are impossible to come by , no trades can be done , and with such insane bis uniques .

for my build , i can't switch out any uniques except the belt or a set for another set , which well makes it kinda boring.

So no , Poe is nothing like diablo 3 Ros , it is a game you can play for hours an end, But diablo 3 Ros is a very fun experience to be had with friends until you reach that cap .

Ofcourse this is but my opinion , and if you are a person who don't have much time and want a lootfest everytime you play i would recommend D3 any day of the week.

Isn't the time when you get to the point when you're upgrades are miniscule and depends only on couple of legendary items, a time to reroll? Are you doing T6?

Those 2 Aughild set items are pure crap I must say, and I cannot believe that you can't find a decent upgrade on them.
Bracers seem mediocre too, as well as Cain's set items, at least without the third one.

Drops being insane, depends on your way of thinking. I see legendary drops as crafting materials in 90%+ of the time, at least now with my 109 paragons of solo play. I'm still on a hunt for a second BK weapon and I'm trying to make good rolled Cain's set items, no luck so far.

Duplicates drop, I've got few of them.

PoE is nothing like D3, I do agree. But both are repetitive after you establish your gameplay.
In PoE, that's when you start mapping, in D3 is when you start doing bounties and rifts.
Same shit in both of them.

Lootfest is present in PoE too, stack ~200%+ IIR and you'll see that it's almost the same as in D3.
And overall it's the same in quality of loot, 95%+ is crafting material in D3 and money to buy something from poe.xyz in PoE.

Another thing that's better for me in D3 is, I actually use all skills listed, 4 are used constantly, the other 2 are used once in 30-60 seconds.

But, the lack of unique item concept that's in PoE is a minus. I can't say the same about gems in links, because there are some gems that are a must-have in links, the only difference are the last 1 or 2, in most cases. It's about efficiency. So it's not that much better than rune thing in D3.

The tree... I loved the tree, until I've realized the best path which I've used on every single character of mine. And the recent mana changes made it even worse. And that's a shame, a huge potential.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FireLord-2464/hero/35204401

As you can see, I'm a WW Barbarian, I love WW/Cyclone, and Cyclone in PoE is the utter crap.
I'm playing on high (almost max) setting in solo play which is the only thing I do, and medium settings in parties. FPS doesn't go lower than 35 FPS.
While in PoE, the situation is horrible, playing on TQ 4 and it still lags in solo play even, let alone party play. That wasn't always like that, I've played on max settings before release, and from there it went downhill with each bigger patch.
Content gated behind RNG...

A shame really, PoE is still overall better than D3, I've even had my friend made me couple of PoE shirts, while I have none of D3's.
But I just can't take the lag anymore, along with gated content, bad dual wield position and Cyclone issues.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 23, 2014, 6:19:39 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
khemintiri wrote:
Spoiler

Isn't the time when you get to the point when you're upgrades are miniscule and depends only on couple of legendary items, a time to reroll? Are you doing T6?

Those 2 Aughild set items are pure crap I must say, and I cannot believe that you can't find a decent upgrade on them.
Bracers seem mediocre too, as well as Cain's set items, at least without the third one.

Drops being insane, depends on your way of thinking. I see legendary drops as crafting materials in 90%+ of the time, at least now with my 109 paragons of solo play. I'm still on a hunt for a second BK weapon and I'm trying to make good rolled Cain's set items, no luck so far.

Duplicates drop, I've got few of them.

PoE is nothing like D3, I do agree. But both are repetitive after you establish your gameplay.
In PoE, that's when you start mapping, in D3 is when you start doing bounties and rifts.
Same shit in both of them.

Lootfest is present in PoE too, stack ~200%+ IIR and you'll see that it's almost the same as in D3.
And overall it's the same in quality of loot, 95%+ is crafting material in D3 and money to buy something from poe.xyz in PoE.

Another thing that's better for me in D3 is, I actually use all skills listed, 4 are used constantly, the other 2 are used once in 30-60 seconds.

But, the lack of unique item concept that's in PoE is a minus. I can't say the same about gems in links, because there are some gems that are a must-have in links, the only difference are the last 1 or 2, in most cases. It's about efficiency. So it's not that much better than rune thing in D3.

The tree... I loved the tree, until I've realized the best path which I've used on every single character of mine. And the recent mana changes made it even worse. And that's a shame, a huge potential.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FireLord-2464/hero/35204401

As you can see, I'm a WW Barbarian, I love WW/Cyclone, and Cyclone in PoE is the utter crap.
I'm playing on high (almost max) setting in solo play which is the only thing I do, and medium settings in parties. FPS doesn't go lower than 35 FPS.
While in PoE, the situation is horrible, playing on TQ 4 and it still lags in solo play even, let alone party play. That wasn't always like that, I've played on max settings before release, and from there it went downhill with each bigger patch.
Content gated behind RNG...

A shame really, PoE is still overall better than D3, I've even had my friend made me couple of PoE shirts, while I have none of D3's.
But I just can't take the lag anymore, along with gated content, bad dual wield position and Cyclone issues.

As you apparently don't really know much about D3 , i don't know why im getting bullshit about my build and why i would discuss this with you, or maybe you just didnt look on my character.

Ring of royal Grandeur makes a 2set into a 3set , and aughild is incredibly strong for 2 pieces .

D3 is all about counting primarys and getting as much as you can from the secondarys, the cains set is for leveling and mf , but yes i would swap them out for tal's if i had it , but i only got the ammu so far.

The bracers give me 24% more damage ,which stacks with everything , every time i use black hole , it also triggers from force weapon , and the ammu .

i play both Poe and D3 in max setting always , and regardless of specs it's never an issue , maybe you should just buy yourself a new computer instead of blaming developers on your money issues.

Gated content , its not hard to get high level maps , its just that you need to grind alot , this gives you a goal.

Goals are very lacking in d3 , and i can play torment 5 now if i want to , torment 6 is perhaps 40 hours away.

When you say duplicates drop , do you mean items you actually have equipped ? 4 people who are paragon 250+ are yet to see this happen.

I think unique item concepts in Poe are very good , and as you can trade for them thats a big plus , there are good item concepts in D3 aswell , problem is that you have to farm until you get them , my biggest gripe with d3 is the nontrading issue , i would love to play a no cooldown SSS Monk or a Poison Dart Wd but for that to happen i need 1 unique to make it all happen, and as they don't drop when i play my wizard which is what i enjoy farming on i can't really farm them either.

I mean i have played d3 for a total of like 700 hours now , and it has its bonuses , and at paragon level 191 ( 109 paragon levels from where i started in ros) i had a blast, now though at 250 its getting incredibly boring.

edit: at work , sorry if its not that coherent
Last edited by khemintiri on Apr 23, 2014, 8:11:56 AM
I wasn't commenting on your build at all.
And you apparently don't know the meaning of the word "much".
The ring's mod slipped from my view, somehow.

After I've wrote about the graphical thing, you wrote that awful statement that I should buy a better PC, excellent logic you got there.
No, I will not buy a better PC because I cannot play a game from 2006 (?) on lowest settings, and yet I can play SC2 on medium and D3 on high. Yes, it is the developers fault.

Getting top tier maps isn't hard, I never said it was. It's about staying there, hence the whole gated content.

Yes, I've got 2 of those Azurewrath, 2 Neanderthals, 3 belts that give bonus MS on War Rage usage, etc.
They were all used in some point.

I don't see a problem in actually playing the game of monster killing to get X item.

Since you've reached the point of that gear situation, I repeat, isn't it time to reroll? Or if you don't like rerolling, just quit or continue, whatever you like more.
It's the same situation in PoE, except that most of the reasons to reroll is indeed the map system and lack of luck in socketing/fusing/chroming.
"
tinko92 wrote:
I wasn't commenting on your build at all.
And you apparently don't know the meaning of the word "much".
The ring's mod slipped from my view, somehow.

After I've wrote about the graphical thing, you wrote that awful statement that I should buy a better PC, excellent logic you got there.
No, I will not buy a better PC because I cannot play a game from 2006 (?) on lowest settings, and yet I can play SC2 on medium and D3 on high. Yes, it is the developers fault.

Getting top tier maps isn't hard, I never said it was. It's about staying there, hence the whole gated content.

Yes, I've got 2 of those Azurewrath, 2 Neanderthals, 3 belts that give bonus MS on War Rage usage, etc.
They were all used in some point.

I don't see a problem in actually playing the game of monster killing to get X item.

Since you've reached the point of that gear situation, I repeat, isn't it time to reroll? Or if you don't like rerolling, just quit or continue, whatever you like more.
It's the same situation in PoE, except that most of the reasons to reroll is indeed the map system and lack of luck in socketing/fusing/chroming.

you did comment on my build , telling me gear pieces which i should upgrade , when you didnt have enough knowledge about the game , i have also gotten more uniques then 1 of a sort , but not when i had them equipped, which is kind of the point.

also i did say that i moved on , and that i would recommend the game to anyone who wanted a fun lootfest, 3 full days of playing and i didnt look at rares anymore , i just disenchanted them.

Developers shouldnt stop pushing they're game because you can't play it , fix your computer , my friend plays with an old computer and it works fine , its not the worlds responsibility to fix your issues , play on low quality solo if you can't afford a new computer , if not stay to other games .

The ability to reach such high attacks/casts per second , explosions everywhere and a high speed game is beautiful , as most games cap you which is so incredibly boring, poe pushes those borders and is amazing.

seems you just want to argue , while we actually have the same idea about D3 , maybe we should leave it like this huh ?
Build =/= gear.

I didn't had enough knowledge about the game because that mod on a ring slipped from my view, are you serious?

Good for you if you've moved on, but what's the point on complaining about gear upgrades? The very same situation is here in PoE.

I've got 111 paragons in solo play, 5 rares equipped still, one is legacy just for the MF and one got upgraded 1-2 days ago.
Item concepts aren't the same in PoE and D3, and legendary items being BiS is perfectly fine.

So you're denying that PoE has graphical issues and it's all player's fault? Because if you do, you're wrong and you're blindly defending one of the worst things in PoE.
My PC doesn't need fixing, it works fine for all games except PoE. The sooner you open your eyes and stop with that crap about graphics, the better.

I don't think we do have the same opinion.
"
tinko92 wrote:
Build =/= gear.

I didn't had enough knowledge about the game because that mod on a ring slipped from my view, are you serious?

Good for you if you've moved on, but what's the point on complaining about gear upgrades? The very same situation is here in PoE.

I've got 111 paragons in solo play, 5 rares equipped still, one is legacy just for the MF and one got upgraded 1-2 days ago.
Item concepts aren't the same in PoE and D3, and legendary items being BiS is perfectly fine.

So you're denying that PoE has graphical issues and it's all player's fault? Because if you do, you're wrong and you're blindly defending one of the worst things in PoE.
My PC doesn't need fixing, it works fine for all games except PoE. The sooner you open your eyes and stop with that crap about graphics, the better.

I don't think we do have the same opinion.

i had this long post , but i realise , you just bore me , congratulations you "win" .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info