CI Crit-FP Build - need suggestions

Hiho,

just wanted to ask, if this build gonna work out how I want it to be.

My current build:

My critbuild I wanna achieve:

I got about 34,5% crit-chance with ICS on FP but wanted to ask you, if pure crit is possible in lategame (my current lvl is 63). Is there any nodes I have to take or can I leave some nodes? Any suggestions how I can make my build better are much appreciated (don't mind the extra +30 Strength nodes though, haven't got enough on gear for Life Leech).

Current gear in a nutshell:
ES (with Discipline): ca. 4,3k
Res are all capped at 75% (need Purity of Lightning instead of Clarity though)
Eye of Chayula equipped for stun immunity

Mainskills are:
4L FP-Life Leech-GMP-IIR/ICS (462.3 DPS with ICS, 438.1 DPS without and if you should ask: 576.1 DPS with ICM),
4L Ice Spear-Spell Totem-Elemental Proliferation-LMP,
Frostbite, Discipline, Clarity/Purity of Lightning

Edit: Standard League
Last edited by Flavourius on Apr 19, 2014, 9:07:03 PM
Bump for guidance, found a 5L chest now using power charge on crit with FP now, but still don't know how i could better progress.
Your build is similar to my Ice-Crit Shadow

I haven't taken CI yet though, only because I'm sitting at a measly 1.8k ES
I only run Clarity right now though, which leaves me only ~300 MP for casting spells

Our build paths are pretty similar too (Even lvl 63)

Im sitting at 1.9k DPS with LMP on my FP though, so apparently I'm much more Offensive than your build.

My main Link is
FP - LMP - Fast Casting - Mana Leach - Faster Projectiles

I also use

Spell Totem - Arctic breath - Fast Casting - GMP

This gives me great survivability with everything pretty much perma frozen.
FP with 35% crit is great

Hopefully we can get some other input on this build!

Good luck =)
Thx for the reply, I just hit lvl 65 yesterday and since i got my 5L Chest my whole gameplay has changed:
- Tweaked a bit with my current build:

- FP linked with the gems i mentioned (life leech, LMP, Increased critical dmg and power charge on critical)
- Got to used blood rage now (free frenzy charges, don't need faster casting anymore), which i completly overlooked
- With max power charges (currently 5, took the extra talent point instead of power charge at bandits, my bad) i get about 43% crit, thinking about using critical weakness instead of frostbite but i'm not sure how the dps is changing
-Also got about 290 mana left with clarity lvl 13 and discipline lvl 16, running both with reduced mana lvl 16
-tried with faster casting instead of ICS, but trust me, it isn't fun if your dps is getting higher but burning mana faster as you can replenish them (0,36 cast speed on FP with 3 frenzy charges, planning to get another frenzy charge so that i dont need faster casting anymore)
-Now i deal about 1,5k dps with 5 power and 3 frenzy charges

In the end I think I'll go with this build here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cfu28-gyIQ

it's an old version, but the main nodes are exactly like mine (but getting the gear is tough, got eye of chayula last week but getting dream fragments is hard... hate to think about it that i sold it for 3 ex as a drop from my marauder before getting started into the FP-build >.<)
never thought of getting the crit-chance nodes from the witch, whose are easy to get btw...

But have one question remaining:

Have you also got trouble with mobs at your lvl with cold resistance? Ele resistance doesn't seem to be difficult but got much trouble with mobs having cold res. Because of them i still sturggle to use critical weakness instead of frostbite. How is your experience? (Had the most fun times with Merveill on merc, was pretty easy with max cold res, could even recharge my ES with spellTotem but it still took me about 10 whole minutes to bring her down xD)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info