I suck at trading

I'm really curious... what's your IIR?

And as an off-topic: cruel dom can be killed.. underleveled and with next to no trading involved. I spent 1 chaos to buy an item I needed as part of my core build and that's all I needed to kill him at lv 48 (meybeh it was 49 who cares). And yes, HC. So stop using progression as an excuse to say you need to trade.
Last edited by jebroni on Apr 20, 2014, 7:23:54 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:

But oh-ho, not you Mr. JohnKeys! Trading is far beneath you and your 30 years of gaming experience!

selective reading and jumping into conclusions.

I do trade.
traded for that axe in my previous post.
traded for some of the gear on my HC League main Marauder, because I'd likely hit the roadblock named Cruel Dominus again, if I didn't.
traded many, many times. because I'm forced to.

I just suck at trading. completely and utterly suck. worst trader in Path Of Exile.
I often do "reverse flipping" which is overpaying and under-pricing, because I want to quickly get what I need and get back to killing things.
I give stuff away which I could sell for a few chaos or more, and actually use the more "expensive" ones on my chars.
because I hate PoE trade with a passion. it's the lowest form of interaction.

trading is a "skill" I never needed or bothered "perfecting", in an aRPG.
it was optional in games that had it.
but it's mandatory in PoE - so maybe I'm not "hardcore" enough for this game, huh?

I can honestly say I've never felt the need to trade anything on a brand new league with a brand new character until merciless, and even then only for build-enabling uniques. Though admittedly, I don't play HC leagues, so zerging the shit out of dominus can be done when need be.

Mapping is a different story, but mapping is also not part of the main game. You could also play d2 self found through normal and nightmare, but hell would be well... hellish without twinked gear and forget about doing any Diablo clone hunting, uber trist farming, or dueling (the only worthwhile thing there was to do in D2 if you ask me). Hell, D2 was so desperate for a real economy that Mr. Paul Taulberg became filthy rich from D2jsp and had Blizzard lawyers knocking on his door.

Also, you're making trading sound a lot more complicated than it actually is.

1. Find item.
2. Price item.
3. Link item in shop.
4. Sell item.

Is it pricing that you have an issue with?

IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Xikorut wrote:
The problem here is that he only considers dropped Exalts as his money. That is all he cares about. The "I might get 1-3 in a 4 month league" currency drop. Instead, everyone else considers all of their currency in terms of exalts and say "2 exalts? Fuck man, I have 5 exalts in chaos from the last three days of farming."

Just started playing POE for nearly 2 months (about 300 hours) and I already found 3 exalt. It makes no sense for a player found only 2 exalt in over 2 years.
To be good in trading you would buy stuff cheap and sell them for more. But youdon't have to do that. If you are patient you might for example get a deal where you get an exalt for 1c less than market price. But taht of course require someone to spend tme trading, checking prices (on noticeboard etc). But you don't have to do that. If you don't want to spend time exhange your lower value currency then get the first deal and you will perhaps loose 1-2 chaos for each exalt you trade. But big deal. That is the price you pay if you don't want to spend time trading.

I have played a month and have 4 exalt and probably 2 more ex in other stuff/orbs. I have not got any good drops and most of my currency comes from selling stuff on vendors for shards etc and then selling alts/jew/fuses for chaos and exalts.
I dont understand ppl who hate trading
I dont mean fliping or spaming all day in trade chat or scaming or w/e
I mean the simple kill mobs --> find things --> sell things for some orbs, how bad can this be

doing this you ll learn about the prices

and nobody is born with a talent to trade in poe
you ll have to learn trading
and you ll learn only by doing it
Last edited by LiberAlley on Apr 20, 2014, 3:17:19 PM
Note that he doesn't say he doesn't know how to learn to trade, but that he hates it and doesn't want to waste any of his time on it, when he could be, you know, playing the actual game. And I fully agree with him.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
mruuh wrote:
Note that he doesn't say he doesn't know how to learn to trade, but that he hates it and doesn't want to waste any of his time on it, when he could be, you know, playing the actual game. And I fully agree with him.

Trading is playing the actual game, it's part of the game after all.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
mruuh wrote:

Trading is playing the actual game, it's part of the game after all.

Good point, but it's not part of the game (most) players come to PoE for. And if we consider it part of the game, it's a pretty neglected one.
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
"
mruuh wrote:

Good point, but it's not part of the game (most) players come to PoE for. And if we consider it part of the game, it's a pretty neglected one.

Hm. I'm here for killings and loots. Loots are worth more if there's trading (simple example: I have a 400 pdps weapon and find a 350 pdps one. It's useless to me without trading but with trading it's actually a nice drop that I'm happy about) so trading improves the game experience I'm here for. I can compare this to D3 RoS, where if I find a slightly worse item compared to the a really good item I already have, I have to turn it into an almost useless crafting ingredient (comparable to alt shards) which makes looting that item not enjoyable at all, even though it's a 'good' item.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I know it will upset some of you...but... it's standard. You could get a doryani catalyst for cheaper than that in ambush. Then you could stay melee with a nice 4L prolif flameblast for the heavy hitters.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info