My coffee-with-milk bow build - Need suggestions.

Now I'm reached act 3 merciless and level 63. But I feel that something is missing. I think my damage and defenses is not as high as I expected.

My current items:

Spoiler

And my current passive skill tree:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgW1BfkILhB7FfAZihmOGf4ajxsBIXYi6iP2JJ0ppSsKLYMwfDH6MgEylDpYSn1OKlFHVvpaSFuvX-FiWmegayR0QXb3d9R31311fwJ_K4bOhxmHdo19jb-VBZXplwabJpuNo4qm4Kp_qrixMLIZtMW748EAxKLKqc3qz3rTftnG2xrdDejW7YPuDu_w9Uv22vlW-wn8xf66_sg=

My final passive skill tree:

My idea is to make a bow ranger that can solo anywhere, with enough elemental resists to survive, lots of armour via Iron Reflexes, lots of life and lots of bow/projectile damage. The piercing node is very useful here, principally with the unique Drillneck quiver to maximize the damage.

That is the main recipe of this build: Armor, life and damage. Any suggestions to improve this ?
Não sou arqueiro, mas pelo menos tenho meu estilingue.
Over 90 views and any answer ? Then my build is good enough ?
hi,

- you probably won't get much damage without crit. This requires a crit bow to shine however (but there's also lots of crit builds based on lioneye's glare for instance which is a 5% crit bow).
- the eva/es wheel is not needed, really.
- take the 8% attack speed starting node asap. Imo, it's the best starting node in the whole tree.
- on the final tree, the move on the duelist area is not very wise. It costs you a lot to get there. You can get more life and damage in the shadow area where you already are. If you still want to get there, you should specialize in frenzy then since you have all 3 charges easily accessible. Frenzy will also help your overall dps by increasing your attack speed if you don't specialize in crit. And you have the Blood Dance boots...
- try to sustain your skills without BM, this way you gain one additional dps support. It requires some mana leech which you lack however (1% isn't enough), and you're still a bit far from Mind Drinker. This is also hard to do when you play two auras.
- Regarding your gear, your rings & amulet could have more flat damage, but life and resist come first ;). Try later to get as much resistance as possible without jewelry so that you can focus on dps here. Same for quiver. This can be hard to achieve.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
hi,

- you probably won't get much damage without crit. This requires a crit bow to shine however (but there's also lots of crit builds based on lioneye's glare for instance which is a 5% crit bow).
- the eva/es wheel is not needed, really.
- take the 8% attack speed starting node asap. Imo, it's the best starting node in the whole tree.
- on the final tree, the move on the duelist area is not very wise. It costs you a lot to get there. You can get more life and damage in the shadow area where you already are. If you still want to get there, you should specialize in frenzy then since you have all 3 charges easily accessible. Frenzy will also help your overall dps by increasing your attack speed if you don't specialize in crit. And you have the Blood Dance boots...
- try to sustain your skills without BM, this way you gain one additional dps support. It requires some mana leech which you lack however (1% isn't enough), and you're still a bit far from Mind Drinker. This is also hard to do when you play two auras.
- Regarding your gear, your rings & amulet could have more flat damage, but life and resist come first ;). Try later to get as much resistance as possible without jewelry so that you can focus on dps here. Same for quiver. This can be hard to achieve.

While I was playing with a new character, I found this item:

Spoiler

Unfortunately, it is ilvl 7, so I cannot put 4 sockets in it. The good thing is that with this item, now my elemental resistances are 75/75/74, and because this, the EVA/ES wheel become unnecessary. Then I can respec that points into something more useful. Maybe Mind Drinker, Influence... well I don't know yet ^^

By the way, thank you very much for the tips. :D
Last edited by SkGuardian on Apr 20, 2014, 3:24:08 PM
Last question:

Now I have this helmet, that give me lots of resistances:

And now I need to remove up to 6 points of the passive tree (in the Shadow ev/es wheel) and put in another place. What I have to do to maintain good attack and defenses ? Any other suggestions are welcome =]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info