End Game Rant.

"
"
JeIlySickLe wrote:
dat guy is level 100

welcome to path of no life trading.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
and why not make a marketplace-level in middle-age-fashion where people can buy a stand for a fee for lets say 2hours and you can lur around with your character from one stand to another?

when you paid the 2 hour fee you can drop the items you want to sell into a selling stash
and the items automatically are being placed on the table.

you cannot sell lvl 60 items on the low level markets but only on the merciless etc.

a person interested in an item can take the item to wear it and see its stats changes but cannot run away with it :)

the seller gets a selling interface where buyers can place offers other than the claimed price.

this way it would be ingame and not some other website or worse: forums.

p.s.

the fee could be like:

lvl 0-30 market: 5 alts for 2 hours
lvl 30-59 market: 1 alch for 2 hours
lvl 60+ market: 1 chaos for 2 hours
Last edited by Staazvaind on Apr 19, 2014, 2:00:58 PM
If only party invaders would come back. It used to deter people from spamming these trade parties.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 19, 2014, 2:10:00 PM
"
Kenzorz wrote:
The parties you're looking for are already filled up thus you can't see them.

Try make a Docks/Maps party and watch how fast it fills up.

This. There are plenty of public parties actually playing, and the board doesn't show full parties. Also, in the early AM EST on ambush I often see as many or more open mapping parties on the board.

That said, it's unfortunate that it can appear as though people only use the board for trading -- I suspect it won't be an issue anymore in the (relatively) near future, but in the meantime something as simple as a checkbox for showing/hiding full parties might go a good way to stop people from getting the wrong idea about public parties in this game.
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
I don't know how I feel about it.

I hate to look at the board and find that most parties are made by people with WTS overpriced crap, or WTB underpriced stuff (yes, I know there's a filter, but it isn't that useful).

On the other hand, whenever I'm looking to trade currency or to buy a specific unique, I've always got replies within a couple minutes, while using the trade chat would never work, given that my one-liner "WTB this thing" gets buried by a dozen people spamming 6 lines every second.

I think it'd be nice to have a separate board for trading announcements, and to apply some punishment for people who use the standard one for such stuff, like not being allowed to create parties for 24 hours, or something.

Another thing that would be nice would be to add an option to exclude words from your search. ie; typing "-WTS -WTT -WTB" would filter out most trade spam, and would be way more useful than the current search method.

Last edited by Senekis on Apr 19, 2014, 3:04:02 PM
Just make your own party? They fill up pretty fast in my experience.
"
Mammatus wrote:
Just make your own party? They fill up pretty fast in my experience.

I'd love to, but I can't afford to sustain a high level map pool at the moment.
Once I do, I'll surely be the one hosting them, but in the meantime I have to look for 76 - 78 mapping parties, and not all hosts use the same words.

ie; if I filter by "map" I'll get some WTS maps parties, and maybe miss someone who named theirs "Rare 78, 2c fee" without the word "map" on it. Then if I filter by "78" I'll miss 77s and 76s, etc.

"
iamnotspock wrote:
Just got to Act 3, Merciless, got to Sarn, and what do I find, the noticeboard (Parties) is nothing but a giant list of WTT, WTS and all that crap, I didnt play this far to just get a massive list of people wanting to sell trade or swap.

This was brought up before. PoE does cater and FOCUS on people who like to trade. Otherwise SFL would of happened a long time ago.

But ask yourself this:

Why are questing games all but non-existent on the boards? Like even when players make public WTT/WTS/WTB games, why the LACK of questing/gameplay games? Honestly it's not as if questing games gets bumped off the Notice Board.

It could be said, YOU and everyone sharing your concern is responsible for the lack of public games on the Notice Boards.
Best solution is wait until they are in a map with their WTS notice and enjoy your free map access. Bonus points if you rush the boss and kill it.

Can they do anything about it? No. Its their fault for making a public group.
"
Fleve wrote:
The party-noticeboards are the perfect currency-trading interface. There are always standing orders to buy/sell pretty much every piece of currency, making it really easy to quickly get some if you need some, or to quickly sell some if you need more chaos/exalts.

No, the perfect currency trading interface would be an auction house.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info