Newbie since 2 days - Skillbuild-dagger crit?

Hello Community,

i am new to this game, playing it since 2 days.
i am 24 years old, played d2 and d3, but THIS GAME really really flashes my mind.
it is so fucking more complicated than diablo.

atm i am playing a level 31 shadow and it is really mindfucking, cause i am a person who cant decide. so, "which build should i take" was the question i asked myself.

This talenttree is really crazy. I wanna do some good AoE DmG and doing good singletarget dmg.
Who would it be about a dagger-crit build, like that (http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGjBUmVcoKrVI646uz5P8h9vrY5matvcRLxa_8-pwUsBR44QOSBGWf8Z-WcHFiEKQG3BWmhPb1FbqBX3p_rl87LCMC0cGX2rC7LTFl9BW9bk-225949vnoqPB84IeTC0XUAD9dFV8zuvkXyosv4auFdfXhlZjrGbYdizhjoqdo_yrT78d2UNU7BjDbaZ_7UGxs21sUzWbtSLqnZYtVeh7skQrbxi9TLHOSMuC) ??

maybe replacing mana for energyshield.
main attacks would be dualstrike, lightning and flicker?
hope u can help me! :)
Shadow is kind of a hard first character to learn the game with, since most of the good builds are expensive to gear. You might try poking around the Duelist forums for a guide using the skills you're interested in. Welcome to PoE! :)
Thanks buddy! :)

i always mess with the most difficult things :)
so, thats why i started playing shadow ;D
i read a lot about the char, that he is one of the hardest to play with.

what do u say to my build? kinda shit? :D

i play PoE day and night if girlfriend is ooh (out of house) :D and i have nothing else to do ^^
It looks like your skill tree link is broken, so I can't comment on that, but I will say that going energy shield (presumably with Chaos Inoculation) is not beginner-friendly. It's kinda hard to get good energy shield gear, and, with a melee ability as your main skill (where you have to get in an enemy's face to attack), you might find that you get stunned frequently, which is not fun.

For a first build, I also recommend primarily using an AoE skill. Have you tried Reave? By all means, experiment, but it's simplest to use a main skill that hits multiple enemies at once, that way you can focus on defense and auras with your remaining gem slots.

Advice: Don't use your Chaos Orbs for crafting. I did when I started out, not realizing how rare the drops are. Save them as currency so you can buy goods listed on poe.xyz. Consider a Tabula Rasa as your first major purchase (costs 2-3 exalted or very roughly 50-80 chaos). It's the cheapest 6-linked chest you'll get, and it's excellent for leveling characters. It takes FOREVER to save up currency, so good luck. Eventually you might be able to sell some gear to help with purchases. The wealthy players tend to live in trade chat and flip items.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA_5MeGjBUmVcoKrVI646uz5P8h9vrY5matvcRLxa_8-pwUsBR44QOSBGWf8Z-WcHFiEKQG3BWmhPb1FbqBX3p_rl87LCMC0cGX2rC7LTFl9BW9bk-225949vnoqPB84IeTC0XUAD9dFV8zuvkXyosv4auFdfXhlZjrGbYdizhjoqdo_yrT78d2UNU7BjDbaZ_7UGxs21sUzWbtSLqnZYtVeh7skQrbxi9TLHOSMuC

Another try with the link! :)

It sounds obvious, what u are telling.
Hmm in my skilltree, there are 33 Points left. Maybe i shouldnt go on Chaos Inoculation.

I already read, that i should save my chaosorbs^^. So, i think, currency is hard to learn in this game.

Maybe u can give me a "Mid-Player"-Skillbuild? Or modify my build! It would be really nice.
I ask for advices and skillbuilds, cause i DONT want to skill as I imagine (already said, im new to the game ;D ) -> maybe i will deal no damage with my skilltree, cause i dont figure out the context between the abilities in the passive tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info