"Is the game already dead" posts

"
Xavderion wrote:
Someone's working on his >9000th probation.

I prefer to think of it as players who cannot think of good posts, so they attempt to persuade support to rewrite the posts for them.
"
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 If you really think that censorship for posts that you don't like is the way to go then you should find a country with a dictator that supports your ideals and immediately move to it.

How one wants one's *privately owned internet forum* operated and one's *publicly funded country* operated can and should be two entirely different things. Your hyperbole regarding the two is unproductive at best, laughable at worst.

Support desperately need to expand their idea of 'antagonism' from merely responses and towards actual threads started merely to antagonise, as these 'game is dead' threads certainly are.

"Freedom of speech" is an universal concept. How a country decides to currently implement it, is of little relevance for how any particular person wants the "freedom of speech" to be like.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Pinchyskree wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
The game will truly be dead when topics like this stop appearing. So far the game seems incredibly active with this topic appearing almost daily for the last year.

Game = Forum?

A wise man once pointed out that the forum is 50% of the game.
"
mazul wrote:

"Freedom of speech" is an universal concept.

LOL. Yeah, okay. Another person who doesn't grasp the difference between 'freedom of speech' as it was intended (freedom to speak against a government should it become tyrannical) and as it is being thrown around these days (freedom to say any old stupid, insulting shit without no repercussion DESPITE forum guidelines to the contrary)...

Genius.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

LOL. Yeah, okay. Another person who doesn't grasp the difference between 'freedom of speech' as it was intended (freedom to speak against a government should it become tyrannical) and as it is being thrown around these days (freedom to say any old stupid, insulting shit without no repercussion DESPITE forum guidelines to the contrary)...

Genius.

"Freedom of speech" is a highly philosophical concept. For the philosophical discourse, it doesn't matter what any specific person or entity intended "freedom of speech" to be.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Genius.

"Freedom of speech" is a highly philosophical concept. For the philosophical discourse, it doesn't matter what any specific person or entity intended "freedom of speech" to be.

Agreed, but we're not being highly philosophical here, are we? We're trying to be practical. Save the navel-gazing for an arena where it might actually matter. Phil101, perhaps.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 If you really think that censorship for posts that you don't like is the way to go then you should find a country with a dictator that supports your ideals and immediately move to it.

How one wants one's *privately owned internet forum* operated and one's *publicly funded country* operated can and should be two entirely different things. Your hyperbole regarding the two is unproductive at best, laughable at worst.

Support desperately need to expand their idea of 'antagonism' from merely responses and towards actual threads started merely to antagonise, as these 'game is dead' threads certainly are.

They also need to take care of disgusting whiteknights like you! Who can say what they want because they throw their bank account at the devs!

PS GAMES DEAD

What? I thought Chris has always stated that PoE was never ever going to be a Pay-To-Win game? You mean if I was super wealthy and could throw millions at GGG they'd actually tune PoE to my ideal of the perfect arpg and I'd be in arpg heaven? That money talks and bull shit walks? If that was true, then come to the America and totally embrace our political election system.

ZZZ...ZZZ... yawn! ... wow, that was a bizarre dream... or was it? Damn me, I didn't think it was possible. Oh right, I forgot to take my meds yeasterday. Sorry.

ps. Who ever said that sarcasm and cynicism were productive? Must be the same person that thinks desync is not a problem.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 20, 2014, 9:12:39 AM
"
Charan wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
(...)

Genius.

Agreed, but we're not being highly philosophical here, are we? We're trying to be practical. Save the navel-gazing for an arena where it might actually matter. Phil101, perhaps.

It is very much practical to let private forums have a very high degree of freedom, even more so than we currently have in this forum.

"
mazul wrote:

It is very much practical to let private forums have a very high degree of freedom, even more so than we currently have in this forum.

I didn't say private, I said privately owned. Extremely significant difference. I think you can figure it out.

[removed by support]
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/076/7/0/trafalgar_law___room__by_niklaswirths-d5ycuxx.jpg
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Apr 20, 2014, 8:56:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info