"Is the game already dead" posts

I was gonna type some stuff about steam but basically steam players hit it and quit it so they blow through games fast, not a good measure of overall activiity in the game
S L O W E R
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 If you really think that censorship for posts that you don't like is the way to go then you should find a country with a dictator that supports your ideals and immediately move to it.

Reality check.

Freedom has nothing to do with this debate, because this is a privately owned forum, not a public market place. Some examples:

- Go to a restaurant, climb on the table, and complain loudly about the quality of the food, and repeatedly say, "This restaurant is dying!". You get kicked out.

- Go to Walmart and start bitching about the prices and the service, and tell everyone that Best Buy is so much better. You get kicked out.

- Go to a movie theater, stand in the lobby, and tell everyone who passes by that the films shown there are all shit, the audio track is not in sync with the video, and that the theater will probably close in a month. You get kicked out.

A forum is a privately owned platform. You have zero rights here, only privileges. This is not like living in a country. It's like going into someone else's house -- and being a prick. I make my fair share of critical posts here, and I appreciate that I'm allowed to do that, but some people here really exploit GGG's tolerance for a behavior that is aimed at damaging the game, poisoning the community, and ultimately hurting GGG's business. (Whether they accomplish the first and latter objectives is highly debatable.)
"
Mivo wrote:

- Go to a restaurant, climb on the table, and complain loudly about the quality of the food, and repeatedly say, "This restaurant is dying!". You get kicked out.

-

Somehow i actually want to do that once in my life
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
jebroni wrote:
When there are posts saying the game is dying: it means it is dying. I've played enough games where the same exact thing happened and the whiteknights lost everytime. In hc league, I have yet to see a single public party in a3 merc. Now that is just sad. In ambush, I actually see from time to time periods of 5 min where literally nothing is posted in trade chat. The busiest league, and nobody posts in the most spammed channel.. lol.

Kulle story bro. You're probably that type of guy who will be here in ten years when PoE is actually dying and say 'See! I told ya so!'. Pathetic :D
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
jebroni wrote:
When there are posts saying the game is dying: it means it is dying. I've played enough games where the same exact thing happened and the whiteknights lost everytime. In hc league, I have yet to see a single public party in a3 merc. Now that is just sad. In ambush, I actually see from time to time periods of 5 min where literally nothing is posted in trade chat. The busiest league, and nobody posts in the most spammed channel.. lol.

Kulle story bro. You're probably that type of guy who will be here in ten years when PoE is actually dying and say 'See! I told ya so!'. Pathetic :D
oh you mean right now? please sit down

Thanks.
"
jebroni wrote:
oh you mean right now? please sit down

Thanks.

Nope, the game is far from dying. Don't be a delusional hater. And a hypocritical one, nice Ambush chars you got there ;)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
whats wrong with ambush ?
There's really nothing wrong with ambush lol. The guy wasn't making a whole lot of sense to begin with, so it's just safe to ignore him.

Or maybe you know, he could be just mad that he has 0 evidence that disproves poe is dying when there's a million + 1 things showing otherwise. Anyway, I'm not the guy who's gonna argue with semi-reasonable evidence and have someone come in on me and say "nuh uh" with nothing backing it up, so I'll just leave at that.
"
Pinchyskree wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
The game will truly be dead when topics like this stop appearing. So far the game seems incredibly active with this topic appearing almost daily for the last year.

Game = Forum?

In cases like this, yup.
"
strifed169 wrote:
I think most of those people who keep claiming that sort of stuff are dipshits from D3 who want to try to convert more players L

Diablo3 was really an epic fail...

I hardly see 8,000+ players as "a dead game" -

What would really bring a mass of new players? A new play style - a capture and area game or something to that effect where a large number of players can participate in a large scale battle. Attack/Defend is a very popular game mode

What kind of takes away is the fact that you can't "jump in" with friends. you have to keep a character for each friend because if you advance your friends are left behind.
Need free guild/clan hosting?
Check us out at http://Es-Gamers.com
Last edited by MassAsster on Apr 19, 2014, 4:33:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info