Minion DPS aproximation?

I read on some posts from a year or so ago that GGG were looking into giving some kind of DPS figure for minions like Raise Zombie, but I'm not seeing anything. Does anyone have any idea how to approximate it? I've been using them virtually since day one of my first build in a combo of Raise Zombie/Minion Damage/Minion and Totem elemental Resistance, all of which are currently up to level 17. They're backed up by the Sidhebreath amulet and the Queen's Decree sword (for melee situations) plus a bunch of nodes on the skill tree. At present I have six of them, and according to the misc. tab on the character build they currently have a life of 2700, increased damage of 117%, and life increase of 48%.

I'm curious because in some respects it's hard to calculate their worth. In some instances they seem very strong, at other times (like Dominus) next to useless. I'm currently in act 1 of Merciless and was mining the Tidal island for some experience early on, and basically reached a point where I could often enough let the minions take on Hailrake without my intervention, backed up by bombing him with Flame Totem and Vulnerability - also purity of ice to give them added cold resist (That's of course after drawing out most of his help first before taking him on). Later on in act 1 I simply charged both Brutus and Piety without any subtlety, using the same combo of the Zombies, Flame Totem, and vulnerability, plus my character charging in with a 2700dps two-hander and molten shield for some added protection and damage, and each time I nailed them - wasn't so successful in normal and cruel with such tactics!

So basically I'm trying to figure what I'm charging in with DPS-wise. Obviously it's easy enough to do the math with the sword and flame totem (500 DPS currently) numbers, plus the numerical damage Vulnerability is doing to the opposition's defenses, but how do you try and factor in the DPS damage being done by the minions? I'm guessing roughly that I'm going in with a total of somewhere between 3,500DPS - 4,000 DPS, plus the damage Molten Shield adds in when/if it goes off - it's average damage is aprox. 1800 DPS at present.

And for some added fun I've just tossed in Summon Skeletons (though they're still very low level), which makes melee situations pretty confusing with up to ten minions running around at times. Thank goodness for Vulnerability - it's almost worth using it just for the way Aura's highlight where the bad guys are in such situations, especially in some of the darker areas!

Thanks.

They posted a spreadsheet a month ago with the base numbers - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/784329/page/9.

When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:
They posted a spreadsheet a month ago with the base numbers - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/784329/page/9.

I found a conflicting one also posted :( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ahqk9lptRHcMdHdjM1hTNTV1NzhBeEtQYlVvM1NvSFE#gid=0
No, I believe it's the same document, just a different page you're referring to.

Thanks for the response - just one question though. Do I assume correctly that the figures are for each zombie? A collective figure wouldn't seem to make sense, as what would be the point of pursuing the nodes for extra minions, right?

"
timbo1959 wrote:
No, I believe it's the same document, just a different page you're referring to.

Thanks for the response - just one question though. Do I assume correctly that the figures are for each zombie? A collective figure wouldn't seem to make sense, as what would be the point of pursuing the nodes for extra minions, right?

Correct
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Well thanks for the feedback. Appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info