Exalt Worthy?

"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Haven't seen one of these threads in a while... people must be over it by now. Use an exalt. Don't. Who really cares? You treat this like it's a make or break choice. It's not. I'd go with don't until you 5L or 6L it. That can cost far more than an exalt. If you're not willing to do that, you shouldn't even be considering exalting it. If you are, then the cost of the exalt is pretty inconsequential.

It is a potential loss of an exalt which is quite significant for me as i am not rolling around in exalts.

Also, your sword loses value if roll badly. In Poe economies, having a free exalt slot makes your item more valuable when all else is equal utility-wise.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
If ete-exalt combo is too much for you, never use it. Real craft worth insane amount of currency and people know it and ready to thorns/mana on kill and other piece of shit rolls that poe could reward and rewards regularly after exalting.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
As far as i can tell, this can roll Attack speed, exalt worthy?

Im assuming you did exalt it and now you wish you hadnt.

IMO you should only exalt an item that is already usable to make it top tier.theres little joy in exalting an item that has 3-4 mods to go as almost always its not worth it.

like this

and this

could be great but still not worth the risk.Unless you have exalts to burn in which case you could just buy a mirrored item instead
"Blue warrior shot the food"
It is worth the risk at times. If a weapon is worth 8+ exas and is missing a damage mod then it's definitely worth exalting.

I just have no idea about the invasion market so can't comment on the value of that sword.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 18, 2014, 11:40:08 AM
I would probably exalt it just for fun, here are two reasons why:

1) My currency in the four-month leagues is useless unless i need to buy a particular item for my build. Once it goes to hardcore/standard, it's wasted.

2) I like to complete as many challenges as I can. I find it fun, even though most of my net worth goes into it. Since you need to use an ex to complete one of them, might as well ex something you`re going to use.

Imagine rolling a terrible affix. If that would be absolutely brutal for your psyche, don't try to ex it. Chances are the result won't be that great. If you're lucky, though...
You are now Distinguished in Sailing!
Your ranking has gone up to Master in your archipelago!
I did not exalt it yet, will still give it some consideration but have not made up my mind yet.
If you read this you owe me an exalt.
If your friends aren't playing Path of Exile, are they really your friends?
IGN = @MattFromSweden
The general rule I was taught and now follow is to only exalt if the most important affixes are already there and you're just looking for the icing on the cake. In this case, the vital affixes are phys and attack speed, and you don't have them.

That advice came before eternals were around and they change things a bit, but only if you can afford to use them. If you can't then the advice stands.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Apr 18, 2014, 11:49:08 AM
You selling that? I'll buy it if you are. :)
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
You selling that? I'll buy it if you are. :)

If the offer is right, i might sell it. Until then im holding on to it.

Thread for the sword is here if anyone is interested: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/893655
If you read this you owe me an exalt.
If your friends aren't playing Path of Exile, are they really your friends?
IGN = @MattFromSweden

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info