I need some info on an RF build I'm running!

If you could so kindly check out my thread!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/893186
You should start from Marauder. You have way more regen than needed to run RF with rise of the phoenix, vitality and purity of fire. I personaly would skip some of the stuff around scion, only go their if you really want to use EE. If you want to use cyclone + life on hit you should take the route on the left side from marauder to templar because resolute technique will give you alot more life on hit.

Ok I loaded your skill tree into the offline skill planer, you have only 182% life thats not enough to get decent RF dps.

Get rid of the faith and steel cluster you dont need it, the extra ES only will burn you for more.

Get the two aura booster nodes in the souvereignity cluster, you dont need the reduced mana nodes their. It wont change the number of auras you can run. The aura booster nodes on the other side will give you an extra point of fire resist with purity of fire.

I personaly would start from marauder and run something like that:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFCMzy7_9kiiD18_fLjBBOOf8axVtXloJy8pLp7NC2HvDtIhpzB4DbyfVw0UIL6KqW6krJHOUEcB3LXy8i-77RiRpBni6jWSajtE56gYG_phIYjxJd-E7xLh_gp07aLqtz5670GHYEv56AUtgsfEWCj6J9Xr7pituJOnCJ2uj0YabBJp0NAZhfPdFxzPZSSqcXlVxjbpFm_javrSZp4XL8AahtGQVSSwp4SApBo47Dg62Hy7LdLFip8-8B8Es6IAFE0CcQ==

Only skill those endurence charges if you are really sure that you can keep them up all time or else its a waste of points
"
Zerber wrote:
You should start from Marauder. You have way more regen than needed to run RF with rise of the phoenix, vitality and purity of fire. I personaly would skip some of the stuff around scion, only go their if you really want to use EE. If you want to use cyclone + life on hit you should take the route on the left side from marauder to templar because resolute technique will give you alot more life on hit.

Ok I loaded your skill tree into the offline skill planer, you have only 182% life thats not enough to get decent RF dps.

Get rid of the faith and steel cluster you dont need it, the extra ES only will burn you for more.

Get the two aura booster nodes in the souvereignity cluster, you dont need the reduced mana nodes their. It wont change the number of auras you can run. The aura booster nodes on the other side will give you an extra point of fire resist with purity of fire.

I personaly would start from marauder and run something like that:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFCMzy7_9kiiD18_fLjBBOOf8axVtXloJy8pLp7NC2HvDtIhpzB4DbyfVw0UIL6KqW6krJHOUEcB3LXy8i-77RiRpBni6jWSajtE56gYG_phIYjxJd-E7xLh_gp07aLqtz5670GHYEv56AUtgsfEWCj6J9Xr7pituJOnCJ2uj0YabBJp0NAZhfPdFxzPZSSqcXlVxjbpFm_javrSZp4XL8AahtGQVSSwp4SApBo47Dg62Hy7LdLFip8-8B8Es6IAFE0CcQ==

Only skill those endurence charges if you are really sure that you can keep them up all time or else its a waste of points

I chose to stick with Scion for aesthetic purposes, I'm too casual to care about saving a few points and my build goal is to reach 80. Also, I don't go resolute because it was never part of my plan initially, only around the time I got my Phoenix decided to use Cyclone. But I will consider it (it's mostly about how much I can level).

I understand your point on life nodes, but I am not aiming for top tier gear, or true end game. And that +2 reach node with str/phys damage is great for Cyclone, and just past it is 8/12% hp nodes, along with 1%hp regen.

I'll look into your comment about Faith and Steel, but I grab those nodes for the durability basically. Is it really a big impact with roughly 300 ES? Though, it does save me 2 skill points I lose a ton of armour.

As for the Aura boosting nodes, thanks, I totally forgot about that.

The Endurance charges are pretty much a must for me, they truly help with that extra life regen and damage reduction. Definitely worth it for my casual ass d: And the Sentinel node (below Scion) helps me a ton too, since I run Grace.

I did some comparisons of your build idea and mine, and put on just Rise of the Phoenix. Mine at 102 skill points used, with Oak helped in Norm/Merc, +1 point from Cruel: http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAAdwCcQSzBS0LYRJpEuEUTRZvFxwXLxmFGjgaPhpsG_okqiSwJd8nLyfVKPopLilPLdIu_zWSNuk62EGHROdHfkrITdhQUFRJVcZXDV8_YEthIWVNaHRqHmo7bqpxeXTteA15aHrvgKSBb4LHhNmE74bRiPGMdo9GkFWRzpSgmK2drp48nz6iAKIPouqkGaSspwinhKgYqW6rxbXytz64k7vtvJ--isEExFjPZdDQ0iHYTdpi4urjn-Qi6-7sOO8O8B_yL_Pd-ej60v4K

Yours at 101 points, same bandits: http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzBS0LYRJpEuEUIBRNFm8XHBcvGJEZhRo4Gmwb-iSqJLAl3ycvJ9Uo-ikuLdIu_zWSNuk62D38QYdE51BHUFBVtVXGVw1YY18_YEthIWaeajtxeXTteA15aHrvfLh8u4CkgseE74bRiPGMz49GkFWRzpitna6ezZ8-ogCiD6LqpBmkrKcIpzCnhKgYqW618rc-uJO77byfvorAGsEExFjFisbYz2XQ0NIh4urjauOf6-7sOO8O8B_xrPIv8932SPno-tL-Cg==

The stat differences are as such, and in my opinion it could go both ways.

My stats left, yours on the right:
Life; 895 / 1127.
Resists; Fire 19, Cold -16, Lightning -16 / Fire -14, Cold -34, Lightning -34.
Armour/Evasion; 73% and 36% - 72% and 33%.
Life Regen; 92.8 - 90.5
Max Life; 214% - 250%

Small differences, which aren't enough to make me roll Marauder, but I appreciate all your info and effort to help me!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info