How reliable is evasion

Is evasion good still for lategame?
With acrobatics? Pretty good.
Stormcalling 24/7.
Evasion is 100% reliable because it is entropic, but you must have a large enough pool of Hp to survive the shots that get through.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
+/- sure of this

on a naked char
1k evasion+1k armor > 2.5k evasion or 2.5k armor

maybe it even was 3k, instead of 2.5k, not remember
its ofc depend on the build/passives/gears/aura/endurance charges/MoM/block/etc/etc

nobody rolls with only evasion, so specifically by your question "is evasion good still for lategame?" the answer would be no, because you cannot rely only on evasion in the late game.
"
Junkx wrote:
nobody rolls with only evasion, so specifically by your question "is evasion good still for lategame?" the answer would be no, because you cannot rely only on evasion in the late game.

srry m8,
but sadly I totally disagree with you.
ofc, I am willing to lurn, if I got it wrong,

first of all, a evasion only char not exist, we all have skill, life, heals, or whatever,
so I gess you mean,
evasion is not good, evasion+armor(or es) is better

1)
but a 20k armor provides less then 20%dr vs the hardest bosses ingame
makes armor not a great investment vs heavy damage attacks
not saying evasion becomes better, since I not know boss accuracy
just saying, when it comes to it, the armor is not that OP afterall, and ignore all armor ratings will have better results in terms of +25% total tankyniss from life/mana/evasion/heals/other gear stats then armor/etc

I know about increasing armor reductions via lightning coil/MoM/enfeeble/endurance charges
that makes the original 20%dr from armor become 70%dr
but that is a huge investment, to facetank 6k physical hits

but yes, we may have your point here!

2)
I myself have punishment selfcurse (for cascade cwdt selfprocing my loh-spells and curses)
armor ratings like a granite flask, destroy my selfdamage, when it only reduce boss damage bye 10-20%
I can not evade spell damage, not even reflected spell damage, so a evasion flask is a lot better

just hoped it to be that I could complete everything without armor or es or block!

e/srry to say, but I even have goal
(0 armor 0evasion 0es 0 or less resist 0 leech, and facetank da howl game!)

e2/ 1 thing I not know about evasion, what I like to know!
if I take a crit, and evasion prevent me from taking extra damage from crit
do I still get flask charge when take crit?

I even tested out selfpunish curse myself + critical weakniss myself+make my evasionrating become 0% = no flask-refill when take crit
I can not refill my own diamond flask (recharge when take crit)
Last edited by Tommyvv on Apr 17, 2014, 7:04:56 PM
Assuming that going evasion you are also going Dodge (Acrobatics cluster) it's reliable.

You need descent amount of evasion and good life pool for it to be really playable tough.

You also need a descent damage or other ways to keep away pack of mobs otherwise it quickly gets ugly. Problem is that you either evade the hit or take it all, which is always nice amount of life. Getting surrounded means many hits, high chance considerable amount of them to pass your eva/dodge and stun-lock you. Having grace helps initially but what really helps having granite/jade flasks with +eva% and enought charges:

If someone is going evasion with things like Onders and acrobatics,

what do you transition into late game?
cuz i really dont think evasion will help you when your doing maps, or doing places like aziri.

since one hit from them will kill you
"
reboticon wrote:
Evasion is 100% reliable because it is entropic, but you must have a large enough pool of Hp to survive the shots that get through.

Yes and no.
Evasion entropy is applied to a whole mob pack, including bosses. If you have bad luck with entropy you will get hit twice in a row by the boss while evading all the small hits. I don't know if you could call evasion reliable in that case, although it happens very rarely.

Overall I like evasion a lot more than armour, though. I've never been a huge fan of armour in this game and use evasion over armour on most of my characters. For huge hits, reducing about 10% physical damage with armour doesn't help *that* much.
Last edited by Reizoko on Apr 17, 2014, 10:55:53 PM
"
Junkx wrote:

well if ur going evasion with acrobatics, you kinda have to rely purly on evasion due to the "50% reduced armour and evasion"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info