Socketing/Linking items improve with amount of currency used

A idea i pick up from another poster.

What about making items have higher chances for better results, the more jewelers/fusings you apply?

This would allow a progression in crafting, a player could know and be assured that if they keep applying the currency, the chance to actually get a desired result would improve, making this less-then-desirable currency sink actually something worthwhile.

Knowing that you will end up with a result you desire can do alot for motivation. Right now, it is demotivating to try and go for even the smallest improvements.

This could also work for offcoloring items, aka when you keep applying chroms, your chance to offcolor the item is raised, best coupled with a mechanic in place that remembers a couple recent results and prevents them (because applying 30 chroms to see 20 times the same color combination that absolutely what you cant need, sucks)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
what if item has 6S and I want 2 groupings (3+3)

if applying currencies to this item increases chance of getting 6L, it decreases my goal which
is 3L+3L :)

also, what happens if I trade this item! say i applied so many currencies, now only i do get 5L or 6L. Then this should be clear on item properties, o/w if i trade this item and buyer needs something else than 5L or 6L. they would be out of luck :)

but, maybe another currency to reset it to initial chance may work :)

or, applying lots of currency on a gear increases some property on it (say luck property) and before applying the currency, it may ask us what we need (colors or links or number of sockets etc). Based on this luck number (kept separately for each item), it may be easier to get the desired stats...

or, we can just say, no need to implement such thing and if you spend enough currency, based on RNG you will get what you need eventually... which we have right now :)
We do need that luck counter on items. Items with high luck modifier just provide equal chance to get any of 32 possible links setup. They can even come in a sequence, so you can get your 3+3 links after spending exactly 16 fuses.
"
HainKurt wrote:
what if item has 6S and I want 2 groupings (3+3)
if applying currencies to this item increases chance of getting 6L, it decreases my goal which
is 3L+3L :)

Is there any reason you would waste a potential 6 link on 2 x 3l?

Anyway, I think the crafting system should get a big makeover overall. Players in general should get more control over what they want to achieve and that involves many more orbs besides only fuses and jewelers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info