Unlock Codes

Hi

I regularly (generally my first login of each day) have to unlock my account because it states that my account has been accessed from Stirling (about an hour+ away from me), but my account is exactly as I left it every time and I've never been to Stirling in my life. It isn't a huge issue, more of a nuisance, but obviously I'd like to figure out the issue.

Kind Regards
Kitteh
I buy fusings orbs/jewellers/alterations. PM ratio!
"Of course I talk to the voices in my head, how else would I find any meaningful conversation?"
"
KittehSPF wrote:
Hi

I regularly (generally my first login of each day) have to unlock my account because it states that my account has been accessed from Stirling (about an hour+ away from me), but my account is exactly as I left it every time and I've never been to Stirling in my life. It isn't a huge issue, more of a nuisance, but obviously I'd like to figure out the issue.

Kind Regards
Kitteh

Generally, these come up because your IP has changed overnight and the new IP you received is in a different place in the geo database.

You can look at this yourself by going to http://www.geoiptool.com/ and logging the IP, Country, Region, and City. Then next time you get an unlock code, go back there and look again. Most likely the IP will have changed in addition to the City. This information should match what is in the unlock code.

It's common for ISPs to give out IP addresses in their range, and some of those might be "registered" to a different city. It's normal and nothing to worry about as long as you can verify that they are all you.

In addition to that, to enhance security, you should look into enabling 2-factor authentication on your email if you haven't already. adding 2-factor authentication will protect not only your email account from access, but by extension also your Path of Exile account since they are required to gain access to the email in order to gain access to the account.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info