Would there ever be a Path of Exile 2?

Chances for PoE 2 are quasi nihil.

Financially it would be the most stupid thing they can do on their part.

Path of Exile is far from finished. So why start with a new project?

And if they ever consider to make another game, it will probably be a different genre. I cant think of any dev that enjoys making the same games their entire life.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
I read they want POE to be their only game, thats why the 10 Act plan. SO they can work on it forever and ever until theyre old and grey.

Then their children step up and make a new game.

Didn't they say they gave up on the 10 acts thing with the release of act 3? I wasn't active at that time so I don't remember but I have something like that in my memory.

Edit: Oh or maybe was it that they won't release them as fast as they were planning to.
Last edited by enjoto on Apr 17, 2014, 10:53:09 AM
Better to create/purchase a new engine and port this game into it. We lost the graphics guy here
Actually PoE 2 might be a better idea tech wise in the somewhat near future (2 years?)

The biggest PoE issues are specifically related to the netcode they used to begin with, and the engine that runs the game.

It will be very difficult to fix the desync with the current code and game mechanics, not to mention graphically updating everything slowly.

At some point you are just putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a damn pig.

Perhaps call it quits at act V? PoE 2 can just take off from where V ends if you still want to continue telling the story...
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Actually PoE 2 might be a better idea tech wise in the somewhat near future (2 years?)

The biggest PoE issues are specifically related to the netcode they used to begin with, and the engine that runs the game.

It will be very difficult to fix the desync with the current code and game mechanics, not to mention graphically updating everything slowly.

Perhaps call it quits at act V? PoE 2 can just take off from where V ends if you still want to continue telling the story...

I want my 10 Acts, dammit!
I swear I remember reading somewhere that if GGG ever makes something else in the future, there's a good chance it would be a card game... Something like magic the gathering..
IGN Ken__Kaniff
I read that path of exile is just a screen , their real plans is to make a game about a plumber that jumps into blocks and gets coins from them, he has to rescue a princess from a castle where an evil dinosaur lives.I think the idea is great, they should make him eat shrooms too, grow big and kill everyone ...
Last edited by RulerOfChaos on Apr 17, 2014, 12:49:46 PM
"
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I want my 10 Acts, dammit!

You know, they could make it a sequel continuing the storyline
where it was interrupted in the first game. :P

Spoiler
Maybe interrupted by the dramatic death of your Exile.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Apr 17, 2014, 12:52:05 PM
When the story of the first poe is done for sure. I really hope it happens sooner than 10 chapters. Main reason to make poe 2 is for a new engine though. Cause fuck the current one.
IGN: Smegacore
"
battled wrote:
When the story of the first poe is done for sure. I really hope it happens sooner than 10 chapters. Main reason to make poe 2 is for a new engine though. Cause fuck the current one.

Engine is fine.

It's obviously not limiting their creativity.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info