Would there ever be a Path of Exile 2?

I'm just wondering about GGG's stance on this.
IGN: Barbara_Jay
Last edited by Barbara_Jay on Apr 17, 2014, 7:53:29 AM
Hasn't been mentioned by them... probably because they would be accused of giving up on this version. Same reason there was never a talk of WoW 2. My thoughts are that they will know if they need one. If there comes a day when a solution to a problem requires a new game, they'll consider it.

I hope they make enough money from this one to lease a more powerful/efficient engine. I've heard them say that it would be good if they had done that to start with.
Pretty much what Shags said.

However, IMO they have plans for up to 10 acts, so about 7 more years of this if everything goes well. Depending on how the story plays out, I think they will make a whole new game with a different story and not a PoE 2. This is all dependent on them making enough money of course.
"
WoW 2.

WoW 2?.. lol
The "plans for 10 acts" is a quote about two years back where Chris said "We'd like to have 10 acts". That's hardly a plan. We don't know their plans.
"
kasub wrote:
"
WoW 2.

WoW 2?.. lol

which means you are required to take 2 spliffs instead of 1 while playing

- IDS A DRAGOON QUEEEN WOOWWW TWOOOOOOOo HHHHH maa GAA HDDD, LOOOTT EPIXX ohhhhhhh magoooodhhh, im flainnn flainn on ma dragooon,queeeennn
With the initial success of Path of Exile, I would be willing to bet that a few years down the line we will see one of a few things:

(A) Path of Exile total revamp with new/upgraded engine
(B) Path of Exile 2
(C) A new game entirely, sporting many of the Path of Exile strengths

In the event of either (B) or (C), I would like to hope that normal Path of Exile servers would still be kept online and maintained periodically.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Apr 17, 2014, 8:49:29 AM
"
whywhyhow wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
"
WoW 2.

WoW 2?.. lol

which means you are required to take 2 spliffs instead of 1 while playing

- IDS A DRAGOON QUEEEN WOOWWW TWOOOOOOOo HHHHH maa GAA HDDD, LOOOTT EPIXX ohhhhhhh magoooodhhh, im flainnn flainn on ma dragooon,queeeennn

It's ridiculously obvious when somebody who tries to make a weed joke has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.
Last edited by Xendran on Apr 17, 2014, 8:53:23 AM
"
Xendran wrote:

It's ridiculously obvious when somebody who tries to make a weed joke has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

The small Chiwawa dog coming into play.

- Wooff woofff. U knoo nattthinng aboutt druugs, but I DO. SOO... I tell you, YOu know NATHIINN, WOOFFFF, NATHINN at ALLL, WOOF wofF

// This was about the simplesticment in blizzards games. But you made it into something else. Congrast, CHIWAWA
Last edited by whywhyhow on Apr 17, 2014, 9:43:16 AM
I read they want POE to be their only game, thats why the 10 Act plan. SO they can work on it forever and ever until theyre old and grey.

Then their children step up and make a new game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info