Righteous Fire low life build - ES burning at 90% insead of 70%(solved)

Edit:Makes sense now. All is good. I didn't realise hp and ES burns were calculated at the same time. Thanks for all the help

I switched to a RF build just cause I wasn't killing anything fast enough really. Mainly a support aura exile but still want to be able to do some damage.

With my auras on I regenerate 242.1 ES a second. Max ES is 2827 (low I know still working on getting a Shavronne's) 242.1 / 2827 = 0.0856 or 8.56% ES regenerated a second. (I have zealot's oath)

With 90 fire resist and inner force the burn on ES should be 70*1.21*.1 = 8.47% lost each sec.

But when I try this I still lose ES. I was wondering if Zealot's Oath was making ES burn at 90% instead of 70%. 90 * 1.21 * .1 = 10.89% (would explain why I was losing ES)

Is this suppose to happen or is it bug?

IGN: LiveD_LivE
Last edited by requiner on Apr 17, 2014, 9:46:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Remember that RF burn for 70% of ES, but ALSO for 90% life. I didn't see any mention of your life in your maths, and you're not CI.
i know you took inner force to buff your auras even further, but its a very bad idea for RF cause it just increases degen without any gains on RF. oh and btw spelldmg does nothing for RF either, so shadow start are 2 wasted points...
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
I also cast flameblast as well. Hence the spell damage.
"
Seivlas wrote:
Remember that RF burn for 70% of ES, but ALSO for 90% life. I didn't see any mention of your life in your maths, and you're not CI.

The RF never burns my life. It has to burn the ES first which it never gets through.
"
requiner wrote:
The RF never burns my life. It has to burn the ES first which it never gets through.

That doesn't matter, you still burn for the portion of life and es combined at all times.
"
Ezhiel wrote:
"
requiner wrote:

That doesn't matter, you still burn for the portion of life and es combined at all times.

Then if you have some ES you burn for ES damage and HP damage but when you only have HP you just burn for hp damage?

So (90 + 70) *1.21(inner force) * .1 (90 fire resist) = 19.36% is way more then I'm taking as damage.
No no no... you're confusing everything ^^
If you've 500hp and 5k es, you'll burn for :
500*0.9 + 5000*0.7 = 3950 (before mitigation)

This skill acts so because it has to take 2 kind of builds in mind :
-Life based (so low/no ES)
-ES builds (so low/no Life)
(hybrid is just a mixture of what is above)
If you burn only for your HP, the CI users won't give a damn about the degen
If you burn only for ES, the marauders will laugh at your face and use it regardless the degen

That's why you've to make RF's damage based on both life and ES.
Please, if you don't see why you take the amount of damage you're taking, list here your Hp pool, your ES pool (which we have already, but at least we'll have all the numbers in one post) and your fire resistance.

Forgive me for the mistake I could have done, english isn't my mother tongue :s

(Edit : basically you've made the mistake to add the ES degen and the Life degen (70+90) in your maths)
Last edited by Seivlas on Apr 17, 2014, 8:01:30 AM
Ahh it all makes sense now.

830 * .9 = 747
2827 * .7 = 1978.9

2725.9 total

2725.9*1.21*0.1 = 329.8 damage a sec.

Sorry for the miss understanding. First time doing RF calculations. If I up my fire resist to 94 (which I can do with a voideye) it does a bit under 200 so I should be fine.

/thread

Seivlas, RF won't even turn on if you are CI. I see you mentioned it twice like it would work.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info