New patch won't download (Disk Error?)

The patch seems to stop at 96.89% giving me the error as follows:
Error: Failed writing to received data to disk/application while downloading http://patch217.pathofexile.com:8095/patch/1.1.2.2/CrashUpload.exe
Last edited by HallowsEve on Apr 17, 2014, 1:50:51 AM
make sure you run Path of Exile as admin by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Also make sure CrashUpload.exe is not marked as "read-only".

Finally, if none of that works, download this link and save it into your Path of Exile folder over top of the one that is already there.
I tried all of those steps and still get the same error.
"
HallowsEve wrote:
I tried all of those steps and still get the same error.

Read the error carefully (and post the details).

If you manually downloaded the file I told you to, then the new file is different.
I had manually downloaded it previously, does it automatically end up in the file folder? I keep receiving the exact same error at the same % listed above. --Now reloading the patcher it rapidly patches to 97.05% then drops back to 96.89% and gives the aforementioned error.
Last edited by HallowsEve on Apr 17, 2014, 3:24:38 AM
i got runtime error when i patch it =(
"
HallowsEve wrote:
I had manually downloaded it previously, does it automatically end up in the file folder? I keep receiving the exact same error at the same % listed above. --Now reloading the patcher it rapidly patches to 97.05% then drops back to 96.89% and gives the aforementioned error.

No.. right-click on my link, select "Save Link As..." then browse to the Path of Exile folder and save it there. It should ask you to overwrite the current file if you are in the right place... then it should work.

If it gives you a different filename, then modify the filename in my link and try again until all the errors stop.
My apologies I don't think I was thinking clearly at 2:30 a.m. I did the steps and saved it over the CrashUpload.exe file in the poe folder but in the bar at the bottom of my browser it says

CrashUpload.exe
Failed-Insufficient permissions

-I tried changing the permissions on the file in the poe folder but the box was grayed out.

-I also tried allowing the program through my firewall and taking my firewall down and still
got the insufficient permissions.

-Also tried saving to another folder and copying and pasting, says I need sufficient permissions to perform this action.

-I also tried using a different browser-didn't work.
Last edited by HallowsEve on Apr 17, 2014, 12:01:09 PM
"
HallowsEve wrote:
My apologies I don't think I was thinking clearly at 2:30 a.m. I did the steps and saved it over the CrashUpload.exe file in the poe folder but in the bar at the bottom of my browser it says

CrashUpload.exe
Failed-Insufficient permissions

-I tried changing the permissions on the file in the poe folder but the box was grayed out.

-I also tried allowing the program through my firewall and taking my firewall down and still
got the insufficient permissions.

-Also tried saving to another folder and copying and pasting, says I need sufficient permissions to perform this action.

-I also tried using a different browser-didn't work.

Ok.. if your system is telling you that you have incorrect permissions to save the file into the folder, then that is likely the exact same problem that the Path of Exile patcher is having.

Are you able to download the CrashUpload.exe to a different location and then manually copy it in?

Realistically, I think you should probably MOVE your Path of Exile installation to somewhere outside of Program Files since that is a protected folder and likely what is causing your issue. You can just right-click on the Path of Exile folder, then click "Cut"... locate where you want to put it (most people do something like C:\Games) and then Paste it there. You'll have to delete your old Path of Exile shortcuts and make new ones, but it's fairly easy to do by just right-clicking on the PathOfExile.exe and selecting "Create Shortcut" then dragging that shortcut onto your Desktop or wherever you want it.
I tried saving it to another location and manually copying it earlier (did not work insufficient permissions). I tried creating a game folder under C drive and cutting path of exile to that folder but I get an error message:

"The action can't be completed because the folder or file is open in another program" Please close the file or program.

I don't have anything else open as far as folders.
Last edited by HallowsEve on Apr 17, 2014, 12:47:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info