Gandalf would turn in his grave...

STAFFS THE TRUE COMPANIONS OF POWER (link)
Essentially, i agree and have thought similar even down to the comparisons of how much it shits on staff lore.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
The only time a staff is better for casting is if you are using it on a weapon swap and your spell is linked in the staff.
And the only spell i can think of this being useful for is Discharge.
Last edited by Xendran on Apr 18, 2014, 12:23:39 PM
All old guys from back CB had said this with very fine threads. GGG doesn´t cared and i think there wasn´t even one single comments on this "issue" if you want to call it like that.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?

Now imagine Arc and Empower inside something like that...
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
A 6L staff with crazy rolls is not indicative of a balanced weapon type.
It's just showing us how much wealth you have, especially since you gave no feedback about staves either way.

EDIT: And why is this in GD and not feedback? Support watrudoin.
Like seriously, the moving of threads is so ridiculously arbitrary and random, and seems to follow no set of guidelines.
Last edited by Xendran on Apr 18, 2014, 12:27:18 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Now imagine Arc and Empower inside something like that...

soon...

well, obviously this staff was the best I could find in invasion, but it's good enough for me.

I get 4 more levels on this thing than I would if I put the gem anywhere else, along with empower, meaning 46% more damage.

you know... after doing some math I think using dual wand with ~100% increased spell damage, my dps would probably go up :/

ok, so all the stars must align perfectly to get a staff that beats 2 wands or wand+ shield.
Last edited by Idioticus on Apr 18, 2014, 1:18:54 PM
Some nice staves there.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Xendran wrote:
A 6L staff with crazy rolls is not indicative of a balanced weapon type.

Well since Spells scale with Levels, and Stalves being the only place one can get that much +X Levels AND a 6-Link, I think it is relevant..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
I still don't see how it's indicative of a balanced weapon type when it's absurdly difficult to roll a staff into something reasonable, let alone attempting to upgrade from one to another with regular progression.

It's pretty much just 'look how awesome my staff is'.
Seven pages and no one was nerd enough to point out that Gandalf never died, well stayed dead long enough to have a grave?

On topic: I think staves try to do too much. The best solution IMO, is to split them into two groups based on their base item. One would be magic staves, the other would be bo staves.
Last edited by Mephasm on Apr 18, 2014, 4:24:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info