Please nerf Mjolner (including suggestions in the last)

With the new release of Mjolner, players are wow with its clearing speed. But for me, I just feel depress that I can throw my CoC and self spell caster to trash. To build a CoC character, to need tons of crit chance from passive and gear. However, you can do it in a much much much powerful way with just one unique - Mjolner. It deal much more dmg with cheap gears (you can use crasp as long as you got a Mjolner). You don't need any 5L/6L, crit, power charge and accuracy. You can drop your life leech and vaal pact as life gain on hit will do it for you. What you need to do is achieve 41x str and 300 int, which is really easy compare with the above. Also, considering the casting rate, Mjolner is at least hundred times of CoC when facing a group of enemy, let alone that you can save up you passive from crit to get attack speed, spell and lightning dmg for higher dmg. I still haven't mention the free +1 chain, right? Those are still okay. They are still not the worst.

The worst is that Mjlolner casts the socketed spell PER HIT with NO CD. For all CoC players, I believe that you have all face a case that you can't trigger any spell for more than 10 seconds since crit is rolled PER ATTACK. That means you are either roll a non-crit and deal nearly no dmg, or roll a crit and suffer from that 10ms CD. Nevertheless, If you attack with Mojlner, each projectiles with free chain will roll seperately with no CD. It means that it is nearly impossible that you can't cast any spell. Also, you can cast spell with same name a hundred times within 10ms since it have no CD!!!

Currently, str and int requirement cannot be consider as a downside of Mjolner as it is so easy to achieve, and once you achieve, you enjoy no downside with free chain and cast on hit with no CD. To deal with this
1. adding CD to Mjloner is a MUST.
2. "Hard" downsides like "100% increase cost of skills" and/or "50% less spell dmg" have to be included.
3. Most importantly, it have to be either
i) cast is rolled per attack on Mjolner (if it becomes to weak, it can be buffed in other ways), or
ii) crit is rolled per hit (if it is too strong, you can nerf it in other way. But I think that lengthen the CD is already more than enough).

Hope my feedback can help to get back our CoC and selfcast experience.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Apr 16, 2014, 1:08:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So what exactly is it about Mjolner's existence and other people using it that actively makes your build worse? How is this unique being in the game actively stopping you from using your character?

"Other builds do what mine does better now and they require less investment" is what I'm seeing from your post, which isn't a good reason to remove the item from the game or even nerf it, honestly. You don't have to throw your CoC character in the trash just because Mjolner exists.
Last edited by SA_Lumis on Apr 16, 2014, 1:46:02 PM
I just find it sad that GGG created another legacy-to-be item. I suppose they wanted to have a mace reminiscent of the similarly lightning-themed Schaefer's Hammer from D2, but with their policy of throwing out OP stuff only to nerf it later I see no chance for it to stay that way.
Yay another legacy unique in standard. We really needed another one of those...
Standard Forever
Yes, God-forbid GGG should release a new item that is actually very fun to play.
"
Nemmerle wrote:
Yes, God-forbid GGG should release a new item that is actually very fun to play pay2win.

Fixed that for ya.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Nemmerle wrote:
Yes, God-forbid GGG should release a new item that is actually very fun to play pay2win.

Fixed that for ya.

last I saw, it was at 8 ex. Which is pretty darn cheap.
I decided I wanted to get one, but I play totally self-found. I spent 2 hours farming a friggin NORMAL GAVEL (not one of my alts could buy one from a vendor and it took that long). Then on Orb of Chance #27

Rediculously-lucky, I think.

I'm still experimenting with a build. I am thinking ST, with GMP and LMP (all level 1) and

Then slot every lighting skill i can find (Arc, Vaal Arc, Spark, Vaal Spark and Discharge at least).

It it works, I plan to call it "I found God and his name is Thor"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Nemmerle wrote:

Fixed that for ya.

last I saw, it was at 8 ex. Which is pretty darn cheap.

Shirley you jest:

http://poe.xyz.is/search/etototogusunad

Last edited by RogueMage on Apr 16, 2014, 3:33:04 PM
"
RogueMage wrote:

lolstandard
Look at ambush prices.
Last edited by Xendran on Apr 16, 2014, 3:27:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info