What's new in POE? ex-player wondering

hey all!

i stopped playing POE towards the end of Domination league because the game had become too repetitive with only doing maps and my gear at the time was maxed out anyway. i'm thinking of coming back but i'd like to know how the game has evolved since then.

has the rubber banding been fixed?

anything new in the passive tree?

new content, special maps?

did they introduce any interesting uniques?

Would you recommend that i give the game another try?
thanx for reading.
"

No.

"

Yes to all these.

All new changes are listed in patchnotes. Here's the mini expansion patchnotes http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/810698

You can also read the patchnotes after it to see what's new.
Too much change. You should read up on the new leagues. Browse the patch notes in the patch notes forum. Don't expect anyone to do your homework for you.

Some key changes were made to summoners a while back that affected the tree quite a bit. The marauder starting area got remade too, with major changes to how %life gets doled out. Popular keystones got moved around too.

There's a few new maps, but they're rare so expect to trade for them. There's new areas called "Vaal Areas" or "Corrupted Zones" that are kind of map-lite. They occur throughout the game from the first area in normal to the last areas in Merciless. A good addition for the most part.

There's a whole bunch of new skills available. You'll have to get that info from the wiki.
"
lailaseth wrote:
hey all!

i stopped playing POE towards the end of Domination league because the game had become too repetitive with only doing maps and my gear at the time was maxed out anyway. i'm thinking of coming back but i'd like to know how the game has evolved since then.

thanx for reading.

Heya, I am pretty much like you then :-) Stopped to play Domination even sooner than you and I was wondering if its still worth to come back. But I have to say yes, not like the end game is different because you are doing still maps over and over.... but the new Corrupted areas and the strongboxes are very cool :-) Vaal gems sux to be honest.... pretty much useless.
And the best part of starting a new 4 month league is always the fact, that you have absolutely nothing and you start with zero. The progress is what keeps me playing now, not the end game and I also play a very interesting build now which I never played before.... and I am very very satisfied with the result :)
I say, give it a try.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Apr 16, 2014, 1:31:35 PM
Try Vaal Summon Skeletons/Immortal Call on CoDT. Tell me if it sucks.
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Apr 16, 2014, 2:08:13 PM
"
lailaseth wrote:

<3
"
lailaseth wrote:
hey all!

thanx for reading.

Endgame content is exactly the same. You grind maps over and over, and only get to run high level maps (75+) only if you get extremely lucky. Also the new Atziri boss is only accessible if you are willing to grind low level areas (60) repeatedly to find a certain fragment.

Desync/rubberbanding is still here (no better than before) and all-in-all the game is still pretty stale. There are some new uniques, several new skills, and some passive tree changes, but after you become familiar with all of it, you'll end up in the exact same position. After a month of playing after returning from last year, I already despise the game, just as much as I did before.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Apr 16, 2014, 4:19:10 PM
Save yourself some time and not start it again :D
Boink
The game is still fun.

Don't let the .01% of the vocal minority of players that hate the game that post on the forums make your decision for you. There's a very small group of people that have made it their job to troll the forums 8 hours per day and not contribute anything aside from "game sux" and never provide constructive criticism.
anything is everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info