Leaving feedback on why I'm leaving

I will keep this short and sweet, I'm not looking for a discussion. Just want to leave some feedback for GGG.

I got locked out of exploring content by RNG a multitude of times. Close to a dozen times just when I thought I was having some success with map drops BAM! A bad streak of luck and down to the 69-72 map pool... I have been around long enough ( 20 ish 80+ characters, several deleted ) to know that it was just bad luck. That does not make it any less frustrating. If you look at the guild I'm in there are 25ish of us, and ALL but 4 have left permanently. After today it will be 1, and I am sad to report that I have been around since the start and ALL ( literally ALL ) of the others left for the same frustration over gated content.

I also never got to fight atziri because I couldn't find a sacrifice at noon of all things. I got the other 3 including midnights. This really sucked because there were a couple of us hoping to have some laughs and get our asses handed to us in this fight.

Sayonara, it was a fun ride over the last couple years. But we're going to try Tera and we are crossing our fingers that it doesn't lock end game content on us, behind a bunch of invisible RNG.

Thanks for the fun times.

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Yep...
Yep.

After specifically adjusting my game-play expectations to the bare minimum, achievable through playing the game (and not playing the trade), there's still a few things that I just can't accept, namely:

1.) Endgame being walled off behind luck instead of difficulty. You can learn the tree, you can learn the builds, you can have the skill... but unless you have also luck, then GTFO. This implementation is as anti-hardcore as it gets. Its laughable to call the game hardcore, on this basis alone.

2.) Being fucked in the ass by linking & socketing, thus not being able to finish a build because most of them depend on a 5L (in endgame). It's just amazing to see weeks of orb collecting being blown into nothingness in a few seconds of gambling.

I've never experienced a game that shits so much on player time and effort, like Path of Exile. If there are worse games in this regard, I hope to never find out.

Thanks for the fun times, but I'm done with this bullcrap too.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 16, 2014, 12:01:53 PM
Diablo2 one of the inspirations for this game had tons of RNG.
"
Neikius wrote:

what part of d2 content was locked with rng exactly?
"
Neikius wrote:

And following that line, PoE has megatons of RNG.
"
Neikius wrote:

Diablo 2 had well thought out RNG. It didn't just throw the whole god damn table at you, it gave you sections of a table, and you could control what section you were rolling from.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Neikius wrote:

Diablo 2 had well thought out RNG. It didn't just throw the whole god damn table at you, it gave you sections of a table, and you could control what section you were rolling from.

totally helped with best case of 1/30k death's web drop from baal, which was build enabling for psn novamancers, pls stahp
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Neikius wrote:

Just to play devil's advocate. And I'm far from on GGG's good side right now. But some of the D2 nostalgia gets confused. There were many problems..

The end game sets and best uniques were heavily gated by TC and drop rates. I never had a Death Fathom drop, nor half of the damn paladin set drop in YEARS of playing.

The runewords, which I think were half a joke because of duping, were totally gated by rng. Tell me how many legit Ber's, Zod's, Jah's dropped for you. Mabye a few at best in thousands of hours.

Want to fight Uber D? LOL nothing but rng. Want to farm Key's to fight the other ubers? Nothing but rng.

I could go on but you get the point. D2 was a fantastic game, but lets not suck it's dick like it's the antidote.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Neikius wrote:

Just to play devil's advocate. And I'm far from on GGG's good side right now. But some of the D2 nostalgia gets confused. There were many problems..

The end game sets and best uniques were heavily gated by TC and drop rates. I never had a Death Fathom drop, nor half of the damn paladin set drop in YEARS of playing.

The runewords, which I think were half a joke because of duping, were totally gated by rng. Tell me how many legit Ber's, Zod's, Jah's dropped for you. Mabye a few at best in thousands of hours.

Want to fight Uber D? LOL nothing but rng. Want to farm Key's to fight the other ubers? Nothing but rng.

I could go on but you get the point. D2 was a fantastic game, but lets not suck it's dick like it's the antidote.

its only scrubs that heard myths about how non rng d2 was. Or the people that bought botted stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info