Puncture any good ?

Hey there,

is Puncture any good for Endgame or can it only be used best for leveling ? I considered trying out Ranged Attack Totem Puncture with CoC Bow .... so what would you say ?
Some use it for killing tough enemies, it does the job while you run around trying to stay alive. As a main skill it requires a very focused build, usually crit-based.

Mechanics of the skill makes it very different from everything else, you want to hit as hard as possible and attack speed doesn't matter. Because bleeding doesn't stack you want to make that one hit as strong as possible so you use slow weapons and damage supports, while avoiding damage penalties on totem support or multiple projectiles.

It wouldn't be a good secondary skill for CoC, those builds don't care about weapon damage and get as much speed as possible instead.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 16, 2014, 8:53:31 AM
Does Facebreaker and Puncture work together ?

so you recommend making a CoC Build and not making a Main Puncture Build ?
Last edited by Shinwa on Apr 16, 2014, 8:59:17 AM
"
Shinwa wrote:
Does Facebreaker and Puncture work together ?

so you recommend making a CoC Build and not making a Main Puncture Build ?

No, puncture works only with daggers, claws, 1H swords, 2H swords and bows.

Play whatever you feel like playing, CoC builds are popular and cheap, blazing speed, pretty lights, much ownage. Pucture requires much more work and it still isn't terribly efficient.

Well I really like the bleeding effect ^^" ... so I dunno how to best make a Puncture Build
I've tried trap, puncture, physical projectile attack damage, increase critical damage, added fire damage (a leveled increase duration would probably be better) on a 330 dps harbinger bow. I could one shot temple piety with it in a solo game. No trap nor dot nodes on tree, only crit and physical bow damage.
Still I wasn't very convinced for general usage instead of my frenzy.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Puncture is the best single target skill in the game. It's amazing in a physical bow crit build. It will onehit many bosses and exiles(they move a lot so they will die fast).

You only need a 4 link to use it optimally. puncture + crit dmg + physical projectile damage + FA(best support for crits per second). 5th link would be duration or crit chance.
yep- puncture is awesome for bow users.

hit 'em and run around.

i actually use it with LMP and watch mobs die as they run towards me. that's very satisfying :-)

for melee - meh - not so great - because the real benefit comes from the enemy running, and if they are not, because you are melee'ing.

i tried a puncture/viperstrike bulid with every DoT and chaos damage node in the tree.

it was a disaster.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
for melee - meh - not so great - because the real benefit comes from the enemy running, and if they are not, because you are melee'ing.

i tried a puncture/viperstrike bulid with every DoT and chaos damage node in the tree.

This is how it works in theory for melees, this video was made before DoT rework when we didn't have DoT passives, splash wasn't penalizing bleeding and you couldn't use splash with viper strike. It was made using mightflay in broken bridge, cruel.

http://youtu.be/-i_bUQxPda4

Anyway, you slash a small group then whirl to slash the other one while the first kill themselves chasing you, most ranged enemies try to escape and bleed to death too. It plays really different from other builds so it's kinda fun even though it's pretty inefficient. What could make it good is Bino's kitchen knife and going crit but Bino is pretty rare and expensive.

Actually, what kills the build isn't kill speed, that could be fixed with a good weapon, it's desync. If you look real close at the video you see it often fails to register hits with splash, making a 'thud' sound so it can be hard to see if you made a hit or not, and it often happens even if you don't whirl around, you walk up to an enemy, stand as still as possible and hit nothing but air. Really annoying, and using multistrike for its autotargeting which makes splashed skills work is impossible because of damage penalty.

For Melee I think that works:

Flicker - Inc Crit - CoC - Puncture - Melee Splash

so they will chase you :)

Now I only need to get lot of Regret Orbs to turn my Facebreaker later into a nice decent Puncture Build :)

So I need Bow Crit + Crit Multiplier....

Or should I go like

[QUILL RAIN] RoA - Multistrike - CoC - Puncture

would that work ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info