meest's EE EA Templar

The Build

Disclaimer

This build has very little armor. The 252% life is great, but having no armor and no auras may be tough to deal with.

107 Points (lvl 88)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBA8YEBwSzBVsJ9g48DkgRlhJpFCAUTRRxFm8XHBiRGYUaOBpsHwIkPCSqJa0mlSepKPopTyqNLR8yfjbFNtg26TpSPAU9X0bXSVFMs1BCUEdSU1VLVcZZ81ptXcZirG0ZbXtxeXKpcrt82X5Zf8aCm4M4h2WLjIw2j0aQVZeFl5WYrZwtnaqdrp_Ln9-hbaIAoi6io6SxpwinMKdcp4SsqrUEtUi4k7nNwBrB889l0NDWndgk2t3fv-Fz42rkIuWO6hjr7uw47FXtIO988B_z3fcy-Ov9Cw==

Passive Tree Breakdown

Health
252% increased maximum Life
50 to maximum Life
Mitigation
18% increased Armour
15% to Fire Resistance
12% to Chaos Resistance
12% to all Elemental Resistances
2% to maximum Lightning Resistance
2% to maximum Fire Resistance
2% to maximum Cold Resistance
Damage
115% increased Fire Damage
60% increased Burning Damage
54% increased Elemental Damage
30% increased Critical Strike Chance
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get 25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements
20% increased Area Damage
15% increased Attack Speed
Other
312 to Intelligence
210 to Strength
80 to Dexterity
60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
40 to maximum Mana
36% increased Radius of Area Skills
30% increased Ignite Duration on enemies
5% chance to Ignite
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You

Gem Links

Main Skill

Explosive Arrow - Chance to Ignite - Elemenetal Proliferation - Fire Penetration - Increased Burning Damage

6th link is not necessary but it can be Empower, Concentrated Effect, or Increased Area of Effect

Sustain Skill

Variation 1

Split Arrow - Life Gain on Hit - Chain - Culling Strike - Increased Rarity - Blind

This is the optimal 6l set up. It allows you to simply spam one button to blind mobs, cull, and sustain.

Variation 2

Split Arrow - Life Gain on Hit - Chain - Culling Strike - Increased Rarity/Blind

5l set up. I personally use rarity for low risk situations and swap in blind for higher/harder maps/mods.

Variation 3

Split Arrow (Or any other attack skill) - Culling Strike - Increased Rarity
AND
Split Arrow - Life Gain on Hit - Chain - Blind

Set up both of these and you can blind the mobs while sustaining and just use the other skill to cull for rarity.

Variation 4

Split Arrow - Life Gain on Hit - Chain - Culling Strike

Or you know, whatever. Forget about IIR and blind.

Variation 5

Barrage - Life Gain on Hit - Chain

I used this at really low levels starting out. It gives more sustain than Split Arrow in the very beginning, especially against single target.

Cast when Damage Taken

CwDT - Enduring Cry - Molten Shell - Increased AoE

I have my CwDT at lvl 6 just because. I don't think there's a most efficient level or anything.

Increased AoE leveling up all the way because it affects enduring cry and molten shell without needing to be lvl restricted.

Yes, you can link decoy totem, summon skeletons, or some other distraction as well.

Mobility

Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting

You can swap to leap slam and/or whirling blades with faster attacks if you like.

Curse

Flammability - Increased AoE - Increased Duration

Last note on the gems: Quality is great on a few of these gems, but absolutely not necessary. EA and Increased Burning Damage for the extra ignite chance. Life Gain on Hit just for more sustain. Elemental Proliferation, Flammability, and Chance to Ignite give increased ignite duration which is great because burning is a significant portion of our damage.

Current Gear

Gear was only recently upgraded to MF. Started maps at lvl 61 after leveling in Docks and killing Piety for the two passive points. Stats at that time was max fire and light res with less than 20 cold res (yes, I was getting frozen a lot and had to run around a bunch). I was doing this entirely self-found except the Lightning Coil and Hyrri's Bite.

Lightning Coil is there to mitigate some physical damage because this build has very little. But I just ran around, spammed flasks, and waited for stuff to die and cull before I got the Coil.

You can equip a granite flask instead of a fourth life flask. There's no increased armor in this build so I'm not sure which choice is better.

The only requirement for this build is a Quill Rain. The projectile speed does not matter as much as you think. Maybe below 60% it starts to get noticeable, but even then it's not the biggest deal.

If you're going to use a Lightning Coil, you can figure out the gear later but of course get your lightning resis to over 137 total. More would be better for ele weakness maps.

All you are looking for in your gear is the links (if you can't craft if yourself), life, and resists. Fire damage on rings and ammy would be ideal, but not necessary.

Used this last league:

Progression

Bandits

Oak (+40 Life) - Kraityn (+8% Attack Speed) - Extra Point

This build is supposed to get by with very little in worth of gear. The only thing you really need is a Quill Rain and a 4l or two in the beginning. As soon as I got Blood Magic (at about lvl 30), I started to use EA in a 3l with EA - Chance to Ignite - Ele Pro. Of course, it gets much better with a 4l and then 5l.

Rushing to Blood Magic

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBVsUIBRxGJEZhRo4GmwkqilPNulG11BHWfNdxnKpfNmLjJBVpzCnhKyqtQTAGt-_4XPjauQi6hjsOO0g9zL46w==

Mana is annoying to manage and because EA does not need any auras to be effective and has such a huge cost, we can skip mana entirely. It takes 22 points to get to BM which would put our level at maybe 19? We can of course get more life in Holy Strength (by Elemental Adaptation) and/or Bloodless (by BM). Grab Resolute Technique as well because you never want an EA to miss. This would give us 70% life in 32 points (maybe right before Piety) Unwavering Stance is only two points away and can be grabbed at any time you wish. Same with Elemental Adaptation, Elementalist, and Arsonist (BM Fire nodes).

40 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFWxQgFE0UcRiRGYUaOBpsJKopTzbpPAVG11BHWfNdxnKpfNmDOIuMkFWf36IApzCnhKyqtQTAGt-_4XPjauQi6hjsOO0g73zwH_cy-Os=

Templar life wheel for a whopping 34% more life and you also get to grab those nice AoE nodes to help your EA.

48 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBLMFWxQgFE0UcRZvGJEZhRo4GmwkqilPNuk8BUbXUEdVxlnzXcZyqXzZgziLjI9GkFWdrp_fogCnCKcwp4SsqrUEwBrPZdDQ2t3fv-Fz42rkIuoY7DjtIO988B_3Mvjr

Grab the Life/chaos res nodes next. Now you should be sufficiently tanky to stop worrying about your health dropping so much from spamming EA. You don't absolutely have to take the dex nodes if you don't need them (Hyrri's bite gives a lot of dex), but keep in mind EA needs 161 dex at lvl 20 so you will have to take the dex nodes eventually. Then drop them if you can get some more massive dex from gear.

61 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBBAcEswVbFCAUTRRxFm8YkRmFGjgabB8CJKopTyqNNsU22DbpPAU9X0bXUEdSU1XGWfNdxnKpfNmDOIdli4yPRpBVl4WXlZwtna6f36IApwinMKeErKq1BMAaz2XQ0Ngk2t3fv-Fz42rkIuoY7DjsVe0g73zwH_cy-Os=

DAMAGE TIME. First, I'm not sure which path to Immolation is better, but I just don't like the burning/life regen nodes for no particular reason. These next points are all damage. You also get to pick up the other AoE cluster and now have 36% increased AoE for your EA.

85 points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBA8YEBwSzBVsJ9g48DkgRlhQgFE0UcRZvGJEZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKolrSepKU8qjS0fNsU22DbpPAU9X0bXSVFMs1BHUlNVxlnzWm1dxmKsbRlyqXzZf8aCm4M4h2WLjI9GkFWXhZeVnC2dqp2un8uf36IAoqOnCKcwp1ynhKyqtQTAGsHzz2XQ0Nad2CTa3d-_4XPjauQi6hjsOOxV7SDvfPAf8933Mvjr_Qs=

Keep heading towards the Shadow area to pick up more life nodes. Stop at the 8-8-8 bunch. Pick up Arsonist (by BM), Elementalist (in Templar start), Ele Adaptation, and Unwavering Stance.

Now you have a choice to make. Elemental Equilibrium adds massive damage to EA. But to get EE you should be getting your final gear or near final gear until you can afford insane gear. This is because you want to NOT have any source of flat fire damage on any of your gear before you go EE. If you don't want to play around with EE then you can just go straight down the shadow to get the 15% attack speed and another 5% ignite.

About EE

Many people may be scared to take EE because they're not sure of the mechanics. Rest assured that you just need flat non-fire damage on your gear. You don't have to fire split arrow and cover every single mob your explosion/ignite may happen to touch. You don't have to worry about sequence of attacks to make sure EE gets applied correctly. Your EA arrow hit onto the mob will already trigger EE making that one mob vulnerable to fire. The subsequent explosion will trigger EE again and make everything around it resist fire. But don't worry. Just spam split arrow into the crowd and they will all be vulnerable to fire again.

There is NO need to be scared of getting it wrong. Maybe some mobs get hit when they're resistant, but for the most part your split arrow spam will make everything vulnerable to fire constantly.

*Just going to slip this in here: No, Iron Grip doesn't do anything for you. It adds damage to the initial hit of the arrow onto the mob, but nothing for the explosion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info