All you need to know about diablo 3 and poe in 4 pictures

"
mazul wrote:
"
phdupont2500 wrote:
I play both, and I enjoy both. When I just want to run around and smack the ever-loving crap out of stuff and collect shinies, I play D3. When I want a challenge and need to worry about that next monster stomping my face because I'm not paying attention, I play PoE.

D3 also works for the "next monster stomping my face because I'm not paying attention" and if it doesn't it is because you are playing on too low difficulty (which is your own choice).

Edit:

What PoE has, which I consider to be good things sometimes are: wall-street simulator (yes it was fun for me to play that part of the game for quite some time), certain builds which are not found in d3 and a larger "multiplayer feel" due to how global channels and towns are made in PoE.

Please there is a big differences in increasing monster health pool, d3 is far from any challenge if you think thats a challenge then im pretty sure you havent done much end game stuff in PoE hardcore. And yes i have played alot of d3 hardcore and it has never been a challenge i change the difficulty so it suits me, but i have never been challenged by anything, in PoE you meet invaders, exiles, rare monsters with evil mods on and if you want to keep your map pool up, its a really good idea to beat the bosses aswell. D3 is made for everyone, PoE is for real nerds.
Last edited by Ytzen on Apr 15, 2014, 1:33:58 PM
Laugh, a true example of a person who thinks he's hardcore gamer just because he plays PoE, a labeled hardcore game.

There is no challenge in one-shots, leave that nonsense out of here.

And if you've never had any challenge in D3, then I'm the first one to congratulate you, because I've had many, many of them, and none of them was a bullshit one-shot mechanics.
I died laughing, the satire on both sides is amazing and well done.
S L O W E R
"
Ytzen wrote:
D3 is made for everyone, PoE is for real nerds.

K.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Last edited by b15h09 on Apr 15, 2014, 2:07:40 PM
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
RulerOfChaos wrote:
Diablo III - click to win
POE - think to win

I could play both, but diablo III is not for me,im not saying its bad to play Diablo III, it could be fun when i dont want to think too much because im tired.

The only thinking required is to try to optimize builds. After that - after you have your 1>4 skills set up and figure out how much stats and gem level you need to attain for your 3x auras... do a little math here and there... it's the same thing.

The only difference between the games right now is that D3 rewards you for your time whereas POE shit-kicks you in your teeth with a RNG stacked Korean grind fest.

Well go play your rewarding d3 for a week AND dont come crawling back, becouse you got all the best gear and have nothing to do.
Spoiler
"
Russell wrote:

Doge around probably

I love you :3
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Apr 15, 2014, 1:39:04 PM
"
Ytzen wrote:

Well go play your rewarding d3 for a week AND dont come crawling back, becouse you got all the best gear and have nothing to do.

Been playing for 3 weeks now religiously with my spare time. Having an incredibly fun time actually getting rewarded for my time ;)
Spoiler
Hope that doesn't piss you off too much.

I haven't played POE since week 3 into new leagues after hitting level 75 with my... ummm I guess probably 20th or maybe 30th character now? And in all my time never once getting a 6L or anything really worth a shit.

I won't be back to your precious game - don't worry guy... until they change crafting/drop rates drastically: when the game is worth playing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Am I the only one that thought the 1st bubble was actually abit damning of the game...?

"Specced into summons & now the game plays itself" isn't really good pr.

Uhm, the comic isn't meant to be PR for PoE... it's poking fun at both games.

Looked to me it was just poking fun at PoE players. The look of condescension for, you know, having fun with different ways of killing monsters, rather than the 'hardcore' stuff.

I humbly suggest looking at it again.

the first two frames are about making fun of poe the summoner quip is a jab at the sort of flavour of the month build that everyone thinks is op; *thing* poe has got going . If the comic was more timely it would actually be a righteous fire build quip but you cant get everything.

the second frame was making fun of how the other popular thing to do in poe is to just trade all day.

It fits perfectly.

the last two frames make fun of diablo 3 , but the best part is it makes fun of how people look down on diablo 3 , which most people do

These are all true about diablo 3 and the poe community in general, no reason to be ashamed of it . Plus these guys are part of the escapist they dont just go after one game , They have lampooned hundreds.

Just take a step back and examine it for what it is . A cute little jab at the arpg fanboy culture we are all a part of.

"
b15h09 wrote:
"
Ytzen wrote:
D3 is made for everyone, PoE is for real nerds.

Meh, real nerds would see the folly of releasing Mjolner on an engine that can't handle it.

As much as I agree with this sentiment (man what is with ggg and these lag inducing mechanics?)
I would much appreciate it if we *Dont* take the thread down that road.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 15, 2014, 1:59:19 PM
I love POE but yeah, I spent like 20 years researching my build and acquiring items for it then actually playing it is... 'click button.. spin ... win.. Hit ultra-hard boss. Die.'

Whereas Diablo3 is like playing candyland rpg where magic goodies fly at you 24/7. And then if somehow u dont have all the god items you need, you 'focus craft' something which means u just type in what u want and it pretty much gives it to u and says you're SPECIAL.

Then you just instawin vs all bosses like it's preschool time.
Last edited by SuperDeathLord on Apr 15, 2014, 2:02:17 PM
"
tinko92 wrote:
Laugh, a true example of a person who thinks he's hardcore gamer just because he plays PoE, a labeled hardcore game.

There is no challenge in one-shots, leave that nonsense out of here.

And if you've never had any challenge in D3, then I'm the first one to congratulate you, because I've had many, many of them, and none of them was a bullshit one-shot mechanics.

I could train a blind monkey to play diablo 3 HC. I'm not even kidding. Saying D3 and challenging in the same sentence just reinforces my assumption for what (special) kind of people Diablo 3 was designed for

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info